Breaking news from DCS….

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
What’s the point of this thread. Why does it surprise folks that distributors change. It’s like a grand conspiracy exists where it doesn’t.
My thoughts exactly.
i think dot connecting is part of the hobby. we view a product line, it's seeming increasing or fading relevance, and then view a distribution network change from our own biased viewpoint. as dCS is very entrenched in the brick and mortar main stream hifi business........how can this not be a legit thread topic?

a year from now it will be interesting to see whether the dCS North American presence has changed.

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
i think dot connecting is part of the hobby. we view a product line, it's increasing or fading relevance, and then view a distribution network change from our own biased viewpoint. as dCS is very entrenched in the brick and mortar main stream hifi business........how can this not be a legit thread topic?

a year from now it will be interesting to see whether the dCS North American presence has changed.
A thread AFTER this supposed press release wouldve been more relevant, not a thread about a possible changing of the guard.
Like as if getting a head start (leaking a potential news story) over the rest of the industry would've changed anything or anyones' perception for long - this is hifi after all not a rumour of an imminent attack from a sovereign nation.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
My thoughts exactly.
Are you a dCS owner or prospective buyer? Then, you probably don't care and no one is making you read and comment on this thread.

I have a major investment in dCS gear. John Quick, with my dealer, is the primary reason in addition to the dCS sound quality. I won't change dealers. If dCS is changing distribution, the next step is sometimes a dealer shake up. I am very concerned about this, #1 for my dealer, #2 for John Quick, #3 for me and my dCS setup.

Hydrology

Sep 14, 2020
Are you a dCS owner or prospective buyer? Then, you probably don't care and no one is making you read and comment on this thread.

I have a major investment in dCS gear. John Quick, with my dealer, is the primary reason in addition to the dCS sound quality. I won't change dealers. If dCS is changing distribution, the next step is sometimes a dealer shake up. I am very concerned about this, #1 for my dealer, #2 for John Quick, #3 for me and my dCS setup.
Well as I'm in Australia this has zero impact on me (however I am a dCS dealer), but I appreciate that a US-based forum assumes that the whole world revolves around the US...
Your comments change nothing regarding my post above. Yes, I AM interested in what has (or hasnt) transpired over the last week or so in the US with regards to John and dCS - my issue was that there was a sad attempt at stealing the limelight from a legitimate press release.

I look forward to Steve revealing the press release tomorrow and then we can focus on the actual impact this has for all concerned.

Reactions: Hifi man

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
dCS Official Press Release

Good morning all. This thread has been fueled by ongoing speculation and as promised here is the official press release. I hope that this helps all of our DCS users

Attachments

• dCS Americas Farewell Press[51].pdf
    90.4 KB · Views: 374

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Thanks, Steve. This sounds so much better than the disappointing attitude that I perceive from Stereophonic's initiating of the thread and the tone of his continued posting on it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Thanks, Steve. This sounds so much better than the disappointing attitude that I perceive from Stereophonic's initiating of the thread and the tone of his continued posting on it.
I totally agree and was hoping to have the Press release a few days ago hoping to put an end to the speculation.

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
Nice epitaph and good to see credit offered where it's clearly due.

Does seem to suggest some sort of catastrophic falling out. Who ditches their long standing local team without a plan in place ready to implement?

These things happen for all sorts of reasons, hope all parties find a positive way forward.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
What were you waiting for a press release?
Even me would be able to write a more diplomatic one.... We pay a lot of money for our components and we have to be very critics with the brands to force them to do everything at its best form.
Do you think a simply press release would explaine everthing is happening?
Sincerely, after reading press release i'm even more worried.....
Contradictions everywhere.....
I have expressed my thoughts with logic about this question.... post#36.
Could you and @Hydrology please elaborate yours as well to show me where could am i wrong?

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
A thread AFTER this supposed press release wouldve been more relevant, not a thread about a possible changing of the guard.
Like as if getting a head start (leaking a potential news story) over the rest of the industry would've changed anything or anyones' perception for long - this is hifi after all not a rumour of an imminent attack from a sovereign nation.
i'm as pro-dealer and pro-manufacturer as anyone on this forum. been in retail for 47 years. but dCS was in charge of how this played out. they decided to fire people, and then a few days later, to issue a press release. is that real world? no; it's not paying attention.

it's their mess and not one we made. as if we wait to see what suits their fancy?

Cableman

Dec 27, 2013
i'm as pro-dealer and pro-manufacturer as anyone on this forum. been in retail for 47 years. but dCS was in charge of how this played out. they decided to fire people, and then a few days later, to issue a press release. is that real world? no; it's not paying attention.

it's their mess and not one we made. as if we wait to see what suits their fancy?
A case of he who pays the piper then.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
@Al M. A simply :( emoji is all are you able to answer after califying me as dissapointing?
Very serious by your side....throw the stone and hide the hand.

Last edited:

John Giolas

Industry Expert
Dec 15, 2021
I've posted the press release in graphical form so that it no longer requires a download to read.

These types of changes are always extremely difficult and fraught with misinformation and speculation, especially when the changes involve talented and respected professionals like John Quick. It's easy to jump to negative conclusions. Above all else, dCS remains loyal and committed to its dealers and business partners in the U.S., and immensely values its customers who have honoured dCS by investing in the company's products. Though change is very difficult, dCS feels more strongly than ever about these values and commitments.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
@Al M. A simply :( emoji is all are you able to answer after califying me as dissapointing?
Very serious by your side....throw the stone and hide the hand.

No need to reply. Steve agrees with me about the unfortunate nature of your thread, and so do others. If you cannot see it yourself, I can hardly help you. Also, I did not qualify you as disappointing, but your attitude. But who am I to quibble with you about details...

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I've posted the press release in graphical form so that it no longer requires a download to read.

These types of changes are always extremely difficult and fraught with misinformation and speculation, especially when the changes involve talented and respected professionals like John Quick. It's easy to jump to negative conclusions. Above all else, dCS remains loyal and committed to its dealers and business partners in the U.S., and immensely values its customers who have honoured dCS by investing in the company's products. Though change is very difficult, dCS feels more strongly than ever about these values and commitments.
Are increase price of energy, transport, semiconductors, etc... one of the reasons behind this decision?
Thank you very much.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing