111 web-small..jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,038

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
http://www.burmester.de/en/produkte/index.php?product=2,17,56

http://www.digitalaudioblog.com/2011/04/burmester-music-server-111.html

http://cybwiz.blogspot.com/2011/05/burmester-111.html

http://www.stereophile.com/content/burmester-111-musiccenter

From what I understand, the 111 is listed a Reference unit combining a reference preamp, reference cd player and reference DAC. I am seriously thinking of replacing my 077 with this direct to the mono 911mk3 amps.

Way cool...let us know if you hear it!

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I am anxiously awaiting to hear from my dealer about it. If it is as good as rumored, I'll downsize and move my 077 preamp as I only have a couple of sources and the 111 will take care of all them with the added bonus of having multiple inputs.

Joe

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
At Klangbilder in Vienna

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I would love to hear that setup. In a room that size with that gear, I would imagine that it would be nothing short of spectacular.

[Post #9]

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I would love to hear that setup. In a room that size with that gear, I would imagine that it would be nothing short of spectacular.

[Post #9]

I once heard of Burmester gear audition by an attendee who said at one point they played "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. They received a standing ovation by the crowd with cheers and clapping. Awesome.

Joe

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
wow...thanks, Wizard! Great photos! Yes, would definitely love to hear Burmester someday...particularly no-holds-barred Burmester like that! :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I once heard of Burmester gear audition by an attendee who said at one point they played "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. They received a standing ovation by the crowd with cheers and clapping. Awesome.

Joe

Yep - it was a limited edition purple vinyl LP I brought in to share with the Burmester folks. That was the year that they launched the Ph100 at RMAF, and didn't have a turntable - so I loaned them one.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
So you were involved with this? Nice! I have only heard one system in all my years in the hobby with which I gave a standing ovation for [well deserved] and the owner wasn't even there. This system Joe speaks of and apparently you heard must have been something really special.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Yep - it was a limited edition purple vinyl LP I brought in to share with the Burmester folks. That was the year that they launched the Ph100 at RMAF, and didn't have a turntable - so I loaned them one.

Gary,

Awesome. I forgot who told me but thought we exchanged emails about it. Thank you very much for validating my memory!
That must have been some demo. I wish I had been there.

Joe

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
Joe, if you can find the album and like Deep Purple at all, you must get it. It's the Mark II Purple Singles - on clear purple vinyl. Absolutely the best pressing of the live version of Smoke on the Water I have ever heard.

It's as much the system as it was the music. There was a famous reviewer in the sweet spot - he was the only one who didn't applaud. May be he doesn't like Deep Purple.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
wizard,

Thanks for posting the photos above. Have you or anyone else heard the Burmester 111 server? I like the idea of it but need more feedback before I make any decisions.

Joe

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
Joe, if you can find the album and like Deep Purple at all, you must get it. It's the Mark II Purple Singles - on clear purple vinyl. Absolutely the best pressing of the live version of Smoke on the Water I have ever heard.

It's as much the system as it was the music. There was a famous reviewer in the sweet spot - he was the only one who didn't applaud. May be he doesn't like Deep Purple.

Thanks Gary :),

I do not have a turntable. I don't think I have the patients/personality to handle a TT well over the long term. I have a cd of it but wonder if there might be a better mastered cd somewhere. I'll have to look. Maybe if I can find the vinyl, it will give me an excuse to start with a TT. ;)

Joe

garylkoh

Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
No, Joe. A single LP is not a good excuse to start with a TT ;-)

But when you get the 111, I can send you a high-rez rip of the track from the Ph100. It will sound awesome on it. I only heard the prototype, and it was quite amazing. Considering that you have EVERYTHING built in - the Reference preamp, the Reference CD and the Reference DAC - it doesn't sound expensive.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia

Joe
As it should be. The big rock numbers, the famous ones, should have that impact, should blow you out of the room. Otherwise, what are you spending the money on? The version on the original CD, interestingly enough, is one of the lesser songs on the disk in terms of impact; I guess they revved up somewhat for this live take.

Frank

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing