Center Stage 2

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
is there any synergy or contraindication adding Daiza platform between centerstage2 and existing shelving?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Good question as I don't know the answer except to say they might be competing technologies and self defeating to use both

For me I would use one or the other. Joe, the manufacturer always states that all existing tweaks should be removed before using Center Stage

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Good question as I don't know the answer except to say they might be competing technologies and self defeating to use both

For me I would use one or the other. Joe, the manufacturer always states that all existing tweaks should be removed before using Center Stage

Steve, don’t people use Critical Mass racks in conjunction with the footers? What shelf material is most recommended for these footers Or can it be anything that is stable and solid?

Steve Williams

hi Peter. Indeed people use centerstage feet on critical mass systems racks. I have said before that using centerstage feet on these racks elevates the shelf one model higher. In other words if you have centerstage feet sitting on black diamond shelves it virtually elevates the rack and shelf to the Maxxum series. So also if the feet are sitting on maxxum shelves this elevates the shelf to the level of Olympus. This has been mentioned many times. The feet and shelves work the same. I can’t say that for CS plus Daiza as I just don’t know but think it unlikely. Hence not sure If benefit would be derived

Last edited:

Steve Williams

AFAIK Peter, Joe has tested the feet on most materials but not sure if he used Panzerholz The way the Daiza is designed is a totally different principle. only Way to know is to listen first without feet or Daiza. Then Daiza alone. Then CS alone. Then CS plus Daiza together.

Reactions: PeterA

heebrog

May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
Except the re-settling time makes these comparisons very difficult to do.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Centre Stage 3 out yet?

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Resettling with CS2 is much quicker

I have spoken to people who followed the strict 10 day settling period. They followed the prescribed process, did their evaluations, heard what they heard and then switched over to more rapid A/B testing and heard the same or very similar results. Perhaps after the initial settling period the footers require less time to return to a “good” state.

Is this settling process well understood?

Steve Williams

I have spoken to people who followed the strict 10 day settling period. They followed the prescribed process, did their evaluations, heard what they heard and then switched over to more rapid A/B testing and heard the same or very similar results. Perhaps after the initial settling period the footers require less time to return to a “good” state.

Is this settling process well understood?

The feet are patented and work according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics.So understanding that helps to understand the settle in The initial version 1 took 10-21 days to settle in. Joe changed a few things on the CS2 and everyone commented that the settle in process was much quicker. In fact the 1.5's settle in 3-5 days.The analogy Joe would tell us regarding the feet is that it is like dumping your garbage from the house and leaving it out by the street for pickup

The other noticeable finding was that if the feet are removed from a system and then put back in as in an A-B-A test resetting happens much more quickly for reasons I am unable to explain

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I'm in the (apparent?) minority who encountered minimal change to the effect produced by CS2 1.0 footers over the course of the prescribed break-in period. I placed them under a heavy amp, a much lighter phono stage, and it's PSU that falls somewhere in between. When I AB'd CS2 vs direct-on-rack at time 0 then again at time 14 days, the delta was roughly the same or at least more nuanced than my medium term audio memory.

Steve Williams

I'm in the (apparent?) minority who encountered minimal change to the effect produced by CS2 1.0 footers over the course of the prescribed break-in period. I placed them under a heavy amp, a much lighter phono stage, and it's PSU that falls somewhere in between. When I AB'd CS2 vs direct-on-rack at time 0 then again at time 14 days, the delta was roughly the same or at least more nuanced than my medium term audio memory.

I would have used 1.5's under your heavy amp and 0.8's under the lighter equipment

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Interesting. Joe once said they aren't weight dependent and improve as you go up. My amp is only 65 or 70ish pounds.

Steve Williams

I would have done your phonostage and preamp first before I even considered the amps and power supplies.

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
Hi Steve and Joe, i have just purchased 2 set of CS 2 1.5 for my Thrax mono amps which has 4 big rubber feet under each foot which leave just enough space for 4 CS2 1.5 underneath but very close to each other. I want to ask is there a minimum distance requirement for each feet? Putting the CS2 1.5 underneath the rubber feet gonna reduce the effectiveness of the feet?

Steve Williams

First off congrats on your purchase bt a few things

1. The Center Stage feet are never placed under the stock feet but rather somewhere around each stock foot

2.I am not too familiar with Thrax amps but a few points

The 1.5's are designed for large and very heavy components such as amplifiers over 100 pounds but certainly a stock foot of over 1.0 inch in height would mandate 1.5's being used however my guess is that a set of 1.5's are just too big for your amp.

I would have suggested you consider using 1.0's and not 1.5's and impossible to remove the large rubber stock feet

HTH

Hieukm

Oct 2, 2016
First off congrats on your purchase bt a few things

1. The Center Stage feet are never placed under the stock feet but rather somewhere around each stock foot

2.I am not too familiar with Thrax amps but a few points

The 1.5's are designed for large and very heavy components such as amplifiers over 100 pounds but certainly a stock foot of over 1.0 inch in height would mandate 1.5's being used however my guess is that a set of 1.5's are just too big for your amp.

I would have suggested you consider using 1.0's and not 1.5's and impossible to remove the large rubber stock feet

HTH
I can put the CS2 feet around the stock feet but very close to each other. Is that gonna reduce the 1.5 effectiveness?
My mono is 140 pounds each then the 1.0 is good enough?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing