Ch precision...p1

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
My P1 (without X1) will arrive next week. This will be a great fall/winter time. I will rediscover my whole record collection...
Congratulations! You will love it.

Reactions: Mini-Me

Petou

Oct 9, 2020
France
Thanks for input! This not over looked.
I have the most confident in chp products as for the X1 benefit.. its just when im thinking to cash for it i find myself buying a more substantial equipment i believe will get me forward.. i guess i will not “run” for it too long and X1 will appear in My set up sooner then later.. i am contemplating about a new pre amp for my new 211 based single ended monoblocks. and the L1 although its not a valve preamp get a high place in my short list... very high! So here... my savings once again divert to something i want more :)
Hi
I’m a newcomer on WBF.
I’m looking for a new TT add to my LP12. I saw you had a lot of highend TT.
In particular I’m interesting about:
- Brinkmann Balance
- J.SIKORA Standard Max with KV12
- Airforce III P (but I saw you changed it for SIKORA !?)
My phono pré is CH P1+ X1

Could you tell me more about your experience with this three TT

Kind Regards

P.S. sorry for my bad english, I’m french !

ShawnZH

Sep 20, 2020
Hi
I’m a newcomer on WBF.
- Brinkmann Balance

Kind Regards

Bonjour Petou. Je vous recommande le Brinkman Balance parce que vous avez déjà le Linn 12, un «soft » TT. Le Brinkman est un « hard » TT qui vous donner un expérience très différent.

:) long time no practicing my poor French. But I guess you could understand. Brinkmann balance is a great TT, bold, solid and full of power, contrasting to the style of Linn 12. Never listen to SIKORA so cannot comment.

I owned a AF 3 previous version a few years ago. It is a good TT however the overall weight and its vibration control was not satisfactory. In the AF series, I had AF3, then AF2 and now AF1, a major difference among the three is the weight of the chassis and the vibration control, AF3 being lightest and very simple in its vibration control. AF2 has a soft vibration absorbing mechanism while AF1 has a floating design.

Last edited:

Petou

Oct 9, 2020
France
Bonjour Petou. Je vous recommande le Brinkman Balance parce que vous avez déjà le Linn 12, un «soft » TT. Le Brinkman est un « hard » TT qui vous donner un expérience très différent.

:) long time no practicing my poor French. But I guess you could understand. Brinkmann balance is a great TT, bold, solid and full of power, contrasting to the style of Linn 12. Never listen to SIKORA so cannot comment.

I owned a AF 3 previous version a few years ago. It is a good TT however the overall weight and its vibration control was not satisfactory. In the AF series, I had AF3, then AF2 and now AF1, a major difference among the three is the weight of the chassis and the vibration control, AF3 being lightest and very simple in its vibration control. AF2 has a soft vibration absorbing mechanism while AF1 has a floating design.
Thanks for your advice
There is no issue: your french is better than my english ;)

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
Hi
I’m a newcomer on WBF.
- Brinkmann Balance

Kind Regards

hello.
i had a lot of TT over the years, and a lot of tone arms and cartridges to fit.
i had the Brinkman Bardo followed by the Balance with their tube power supply. the Balance were sold when i listen to Clear audio master innovation
i found that the CA were more resultative detailed and well balance over all, i used their own linear tone arm the TT2 and their top pivot tone arm with it. great set up!.
when i bought my first TechDas - AF3, i sold the CA (had to for the "upgrade") and listen to the AF3 for some time, changing tonearms and adding more for it...i had 2 to 4 tone arms at any time!
it was great, and had a lot of potential!!! and fun to play with.

i love the suction option and his precise presentation, but i always felt it was too polite sounding for my taste some how anaemic .
so i gambled again and order the AF3P for more power and weight to the music. it did add some more heft and weight to the music
but i didnt think the add $$ were equal to the upgrade in sound. it is better but not 150% better. i was changing to the P also becouse they announced that they stopping production on the regular one. and i wanted to be in front of that.

lately i listen to the Sikora standard max with full upgrades and their tone arm KV12VTA + KUZMA 4P for second tonearm.
i think its a wonderful TT. beautiful crafted and sound amazing. a lot of slam, bass, wide presentation and very detail with articulation on all frequency band. pairing it with some of the great cartridges around and connecting it to CHP P1 phono, i couldn't ask for more!
i never compare it to AF1 or AF2 but i think i like it more then my previous AF3\P combinations.

i have a very good friend that own the AF3 with SAT tone arm and KUZMA air line and his "old" KUZMA DC sound to him a lot better
so he packed his AF3 and stayed with the KUZMA...
the TechDAS equipment are awesome! they sound beautiful and play flawlessly.
is their better Tts around? i think so.
YMMV.

A

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Wow...what a whistlestop tour!

Petou

Oct 9, 2020
France
hello.
i had a lot of TT over the years, and a lot of tone arms and cartridges to fit.
i had the Brinkman Bardo followed by the Balance with their tube power supply. the Balance were sold when i listen to Clear audio master innovation
i found that the CA were more resultative detailed and well balance over all, i used their own linear tone arm the TT2 and their top pivot tone arm with it. great set up!.
when i bought my first TechDas - AF3, i sold the CA (had to for the "upgrade") and listen to the AF3 for some time, changing tonearms and adding more for it...i had 2 to 4 tone arms at any time!
it was great, and had a lot of potential!!! and fun to play with.

i love the suction option and his precise presentation, but i always felt it was too polite sounding for my taste some how anaemic .
so i gambled again and order the AF3P for more power and weight to the music. it did add some more heft and weight to the music
but i didnt think the add $$ were equal to the upgrade in sound. it is better but not 150% better. i was changing to the P also becouse they announced that they stopping production on the regular one. and i wanted to be in front of that.

lately i listen to the Sikora standard max with full upgrades and their tone arm KV12VTA + KUZMA 4P for second tonearm.
i think its a wonderful TT. beautiful crafted and sound amazing. a lot of slam, bass, wide presentation and very detail with articulation on all frequency band. pairing it with some of the great cartridges around and connecting it to CHP P1 phono, i couldn't ask for more!
i never compare it to AF1 or AF2 but i think i like it more then my previous AF3\P combinations.

i have a very good friend that own the AF3 with SAT tone arm and KUZMA air line and his "old" KUZMA DC sound to him a lot better
so he packed his AF3 and stayed with the KUZMA...
the TechDAS equipment are awesome! they sound beautiful and play flawlessly.
is their better Tts around? i think so.
YMMV.

A
About Sikora, did you listen to Reference TT ?

Reactions: byrdparis

byrdparis

Nov 24, 2015
Israel
About Sikora, did you listen to Reference TT ?
I listen to it once, but It wasn’t in my own system, so I can’t tell you anything about it that help.
I supposed it’s like the max only bigger...
if the room and finance allows, I would go for the best.

Petou

Oct 9, 2020
France
I listen to it once, but It wasn’t in my own system, so I can’t tell you anything about it that help.
I supposed it’s like the max only bigger...
if the room and finance allows, I would go for the best.
As you had both, could you tell me more about differences between Brinkmann Balance and Sikora Standard Max ?

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
I recently acquired a CH P1 to replace accuphase C-47.

I am wondering whether adding a X1 or P1 next makes a bigger improvement?

Reactions: Hyperion

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I have P1 with X1 and suggest to buy an X1 first
X1 can have 2 board,so second step you xan buy a second P1 without board and connect to X1,need to buy a second board for X1

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Joined the CH Precision club with buying today a used one owner 2021 CH P1 to replace my Rega Aura that I sold this week.

Hope to receive it hopefully by next weekend via a courier express service as it is coming from overseas to the UK and will need to go through UK custom clearance etc.

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
Joined the CH Precision club with buying today a used one owner 2021 CH P1 to replace my Rega Aura that I sold this week.

Hope to receive it hopefully by next weekend via a courier express service as it is coming from overseas to the UK and will need to go through UK custom clearance etc.
Hope it clears ok for you, enjoy.

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden

Now that's an upgrade - congratulations :)

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Reactions: matakana

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain

My CH P1 safely arrived today. Wow what a beast both in weight and size ! Phenomenal quality of packaging, case work, connections etc.

Have had to do a non-ideal temporary hook-up as need to install a wider shelf to accommodate the P1.

Sounds amazing through my Hifiman EF1000 Amp and Susvara headphones even with this non-ideal hook-up.

For my MSL Eminent Ex cartridge, I am using the P1's MC1 current / trans-impedance input.

Found the best settings for overall sound so far to be as follows;
- Normal RIAA (Found the Enhanced RIAA 'eRIAA' to make the music a bit to harsh for the high treble and a higher record surface noise)

- Sub Sonic Filter On (Found with it on to have lower record surface noise and better dynamics and sharpness)

- Max Gain (+25dB) (My EF1000's volume is about 50% of max) (Found that at lower gain settings and higher volume required from the EF100 made the music lose a lot of dynamics, sounded a bit flat, high reduction of clarity etc.)

Fo2bWx88Rj6cWmsAoM8S4A.jpg

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A8 Tablet yesterday thinking I would need it for the CH Control App (I only have Apple iPhone & Macbook products). However I managed to set up the P1 entirely from the menu and reading the Owners Manual. So guess I don't need to use the App at all for the P1 !

Anyway, back to listening to more superb and awesome music with my UK based headphone system :)

sig8

Jan 8, 2021
I have a question; is there a difference in a newer say 2022 version of P1 compared to an older 2020, 2021 or older model. I have heard they changed boards, displays, etc. so newer versions are better. Please let me know. Thanks.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing