Class D

Did you have a chance to evaluate the new Ncore modules in your own designs ?

It's on the list of the 101 things that I need to get done. Ultimately, I'm a loudspeaker designer, not an amp designer, so the amplifier fun needs to wait until I'm done with all the loudspeaker things that I need to do.

It's on the list of the 101 things that I need to get done. Ultimately, I'm a loudspeaker designer, not an amp designer, so the amplifier fun needs to wait until I'm done with all the loudspeaker things that I need to do.

And a great speaker designer we are honored to have here!!

Merrill Audio VERITAS Monoblock Listening stations.

I would love to hear them, not oppose to the topology , just the sound , class-d captures the speed of live music very well , it's the damn ringing and lack of bandwidth details that get me ...

:)

"The new amplifier, named Prometheus, is rated at 250 watts RMS full-band into 8 ohms, 500 watts RMS full-band into 4 ohms and 1,000 watts RMS full-band into 2 ohms all with less than 0.01% THD. Signal-to-noise ratio exceeds 128 dB, frequency response is +0, -.5 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at any impedance and damping factor exceeds 2,500 from 0 Hz to 20 kHz."

Love the power numbers it maybe even be able to power the 1 ohm amp widow i have here

:)

There are some listening posts scattered around the US. Would be happy to see if I could set up a session for you. Right now Fort Worth Dallas area, Sacramento, LA, Miami, Albuquerque (NM) and of course NJ/NY. Soon to have some in the midwest and south. Unfortunately I am out of stock at this point till Feb, so cannot make private arrangements. Send me a PM if interested.

Other then the ringing in my head, consensus is these perform more like A/B amps. My ultimate test will be against the PASS Class A monoblocks.
I will have independent comparison against DartZeel by end of Feb. I won't be in that room unfortunately.

Wadia, Burmester, Theta (to name a few) are all trying class d with their own power supplies. Very interesting times ahead. Me thinks class d of yesterday, is not class d of today or tomorrow. Just found out the Theta Prometheus will be 750 wpc into 4 ohm.

There are some listening posts scattered around the US. Would be happy to see if I could set up a session for you. Right now Fort Worth Dallas area, Sacramento, LA, Miami, Albuquerque (NM) and of course NJ/NY. Soon to have some in the midwest and south. Unfortunately I am out of stock at this point till Feb, so cannot make private arrangements. Send me a PM if interested.

Other then the ringing in my head, consensus is these perform more like A/B amps. My ultimate test will be against the PASS Class A monoblocks.
I will have independent comparison against DartZeel by end of Feb. I won't be in that room unfortunately.

Sounds interesting. Which Dartzeel amp?

^ I greatly respect a company who does not shy away from the competition, and meets them head on.

Fascinating... It will be interesting to see if more amp designers apply Ncore NC1200 to their products. G.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu