Coronavirus ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
They are only links already reported from past articles , the same from other sources...and that is all.
Couple people before they panicked for nothing.

And the death of that scientist recently in Africa is also coincidental because he was the big shot in that lab in Canada, so all related to your question my friend.

My answer to you was perfect, but you saw differently.
Anyway I'll skip your questions next time.

The ZeroHedge links contain all articles from other sources; the same exact transcripts from Canadian articles for example (Science & Health).
Some people freaked out because of the website name, like others who freaked out because of the name CNN, or FOX.
But they all have news sections on Health and Science and Economics and Arts & Entertainment, etc.

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
As of now we seem to be OK in the Uk.
More worrying is the situation in Northern Italy where a number towns are in lockdown after some reported cases there. No obvious explanations to date.
South Korea obviously worrying too, but less surprising given its proximity to China

Reactions: analogsa

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The air pollution kills you slower than this coronavirus.
Plus it is only limited @ few millions deaths per year.
The COVID-19 has the potential to go way beyond that, it knows no limit ...

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The air pollution kills you slower than this coronavirus.
The years of air pollution weakens the immune system and creates the concomittant condition where even the common cold can take you out without medical support. Now when medical support is overwhelmed....blammo.

‘Polluted air’ could be an important cause of Wuhan pneumonia. Did you read that article?

WHO recently issued a report where it said that air pollution weakens every irgan in the body. Google it...

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...rgan-and-cell-in-the-body-finds-global-review

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The years of air pollution weakens the immune system and creates the concomittant condition where even the common cold can take you out without medical support. Now when medical support is overwhelmed....blammo.

‘Polluted air’ could be an important cause of Wuhan pneumonia. Did you read that article?

WHO recently issued a report where it said that air pollution weakens every irgan in the body. Google it...

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...rgan-and-cell-in-the-body-finds-global-review

Air pollution, CO2, climate change, global warming, ... it's all stuff that people aren't interested in here.
But this coronavirus is another ballgame, because it's more than global...it's closer to home.

Of course smoke from fires, air pollution from cars in our cities, contaminated drinking water from our industries dumping chemicals in our underground water, nuclear reactor disasters, ... all contribute to make us all weaker and weaker, our bodies cannot build what's needed to fight viruses, our immune systems are losing the battle, and we keep polluting and we keep dying and we're not ready when corona comes along way back from China to our shores. ... We are travellers of the world, we communicate, we drink and eat the local food and water, we hug each other, laugh together, cough together and died all together.

The COVID-19 I see it as a wakeup call for the entire planet, all humans living everywhere.
What happens in China concerns us all. What happens anywhere and everywhere on the planet should concern us all.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
All flus require attention. My grandfather at 86 was killed by the flu.

My point is that 3 to 17m a year die from pneumonia in China annually and not a whisper from the authorities!

The Flu since 2010 in the US has killed between 12k and 61k annually and this is pure flu without concommitant diseases.

Tang, I am 100% concerned about this as I am about regular flu, which is a silent killer. Indeed, regular flu will likely kill more people than covid19 this year....even as the number of deaths will fall due to the covid19 press coverage and people taking more precaution about washing hands and travelling.

Note that people have been getting flus this season ... I know of many kids with 40c fevers and parents who later caught the same infections.

Anyway, I share your concern for your family. No flu is a walk in the park nor riskless. So prevention is best practice and I wish you and me and all here the best of luck in navigating this infectious period.
Yes, but as a % of those infected flu kills far fewer.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Consider the location. Unprecedented levels of pollution and consequently immune compromised population....connect the dots...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
What was that saying? About if a big economic power blows their nose, the world catches a cold.

I don't suppose it was meant quite so literally.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Interesting that the only person dramatically healthier right now re the push for a greener planet is Greta. According to her parents, she was selectively mute, not eating, not getting out of bed. Before she started her movement.

Now...

djsina2

May 30, 2019
Interesting that the only person dramatically healthier right now re the push for a greener planet is Greta. According to her parents, she was selectively mute, not eating, not getting out of bed. Before she started her movement.

Now...

It’s amazing what a big paycheck will do for someone.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
For a change, I was being quite literal and sympathetic. Starting her mvt has proved to be therapeutic for her issues.

I actually think even if it hadn't taken off, her finding a role for herself maybe w local interest groups would have continued helping her.

The fact it's taken off is something else.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have either gone all cash with my investments, or just invested in very safe stocks. At least that is what my broker says. My personal feeling is that once this hits the US then the stock market, and economy, will collapse. I guess we just have to wait and see.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, let me get this right. In the same time, 10x more people have died from regular flu complications than have died of Coronavirus, but yes, the Western economy is gonna collapse.

Reactions: wisnon
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing