Denafrips product owners please fall in

alvin1118

Nov 2, 2015
Singapore
www.vinshineaudio.com
That's correct, @martin778.

Streamer->USB Output-> GAIA DDC->HDMI i2s->Terminator-Plus DAC

TPlus.png

GAIA is a DDC, Digital To Digital converter, it accepts USB/Coax/AES/Optical input.

For computer audio system users, I would highly recommend a DDC as the DDC helps to isolate the computer noise effectively. The sonic improvements are evident. DDC reclocks and FIFO buffer to 'clean' the digital signal, and outputs the ultra-low jitters digital signal to an external DAC.

Moreover, the clock synchronization between the GAIA and Terminator-Plus cleans up the imaging, enhances transient clarity, as well as cohesive flow of the music.

Hope this helps!

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
...and pay attention to the clock cable cross as pictured in Alvin's depiction above!

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
@Abyss Man

Hey, can you give us an update on your latest cable experiments?

RikkiPoo

Nov 5, 2020
I am using the following cables between the Iris and TPlus:

HDMI i2s: https://usashop.sommercable.com/en/Cable/HiFi-Home/Multimediakabel-EXCELSIOR-BlueWater-EBH4.html
BNC SPDIF: https://usashop.sommercable.com/en/Cable/BNC-Video-Cable/Wordclock-SC-Focusline-L-Highflex-FL59.html

The Sommer HDMI replaced an Audioquest Coffee and it was slightly better. I just put in an

AudioQuest Thunderbird 48 8K-10K 48Gbps HDMI Cable - 2.46 ft. (.75m)​

It is much much better than the Sommer HDMI cable.

I am interested in trying other clock cables, open to recommendations.

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
@Abyss Man

Hey, can you give us an update on your latest cable experiments?
Hi Blake,
Work has been a killer for the past week boss. I have had no time to listen to my set up. Hope to update once I get a chance to sit down for some critical listening. The other isssue is, I have had so many changes, I don't know what is doing what now. LOL.

Reactions: Blake

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
I am interested in trying other clock cables, open to recommendations.

I have no experience with Sommer, but I like the Kimber D60. I think Alvin enjoys the Sommer if memory serves.

After purchasing the Kimber I then tried a Stealth Audio cable and it is truly exceptional (but crazy expensive). Just amazing and the amount of additional sonic improvement over the Kimber was surprising to me, but I am not advocating anyone do anything beyond Kimber. If you are obsessive and budget allows, then Stealth is my choice hand's down.

So, I have a Stealth on one clock, Kimber on the other clock (that may not ever be needed as my music format for everything I listen to and own goes through just the one clock using the Stealth.. I am just keeping the Kimber on the other clock in case I ever purchase music in that format which is doubtful).

Reactions: Abyss Man

Koso

Aug 31, 2020
Trnava, Slovakia
Agree with @Blake , Kimber D60 is good cable.
I can recommend "Chord Epic" cable as well (wchich is in the same price range as Kimber D60).
Now for Stealth cables. They are indeed exceptional and crazy expensive. I had the chance to auditioned some Stealth cables at local distributor setup. Never heard anything that good (and anything that expensive). There is pretty good chance in some case, that Stealth digital cable is more expensive than component to which it is connected:)

PS: ...just ordered Venus II DAC few days ago. Can't wait for listening to Gaia + Venus II combo.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Agree with @Blake , Kimber D60 is good cable.
I can recommend "Chord Epic" cable as well (wchich is in the same price range as Kimber D60).
Now for Stealth cables. They are indeed exceptional and crazy expensive. I had the chance to auditioned some Stealth cables at local distributor setup. Never heard anything that good (and anything that expensive). There is pretty good chance in some case, that Stealth digital cable is more expensive than component to which it is connected:)

PS: ...just ordered Venus II DAC few days ago. Can't wait for listening to Gaia + Venus II combo.

We are surfing the same wave... I had placed an order for the Pontus a while back for my headphone rig, but switched the order at the last minute to Venus II. Looking forward to its arrival.

Koso

Aug 31, 2020
Trnava, Slovakia
We are surfing the same wave... I had placed an order for the Pontus a while back for my headphone rig, but switched the order at the last minute to Venus II. Looking forward to its arrival.

...And quite coincidentally, my favorite youtube reviewer Hans Beekhuyzen posted very nice review of Venus II. After I placed the order though:) Hope I am not breaking some rules by placing the link to review here.

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Venus 2 arrived in Salt Lake City just 3 1/2 days after shipping from China. A new record in shipping time for my Denafrips purchases!

I hooked up all my digital cables (HDMI, Toslink and spdif) between the Venus 2 and Iris. After I burn in the Venus I will start switching around to different inputs to see which digital input I prefer. Venus2.jpg Venus2-c.jpg

Last edited:

Abyss Man

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Blake,
Enjoy the new toy buddy, question, how are the footers?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
Hi Blake,
Enjoy the new toy buddy, question, how are the footers?

Thanks Raj! I just purchased these footers for the Venus. They are the Mig 2.0. I have a few sets of the cheaper regular Mig's as well. My early impressions are that the 2.0 are comparatively more neutral, whereas the originals impart a comparatively warmer signature. I normally run Stillpoints footers, but do quite like these Mig's as well and they are much cheaper which is nice.

I need to do more experimentation, but like you, there are so many changes in my headphone system that happened in rapid fashion, my head is spinning. I will sort it out eventually. Supposedly my RAL HDMI is shipping next week but I am not holding my breath!

Last edited:
Reactions: Abyss Man

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing