Divin Majestic vs other flagships?

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
To those of you who have heard the Majestics how have they compared to other flagships like XVX, M9, Kharma enigma veyron, Sonja XV etc etc?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The Majestics will be on permanent display at the new Gobel Factory/Showroom starting soon.
At this time the only place they would have been heard is at MOC the year Oliver introduced them and there is a pair in HK>
The Majestic needs a large room. I have heard all of the speakers and just finsished a visit a short time agao at RH at which we heard the XXV with the same gear in the same room. Stirling Trayle was a participant in both system set ups.
I dont think my personal opinion will carry much weight in this discussion , since I am involved with Gobel, but I do suggest reading the reviews of Olivers speakers including the Majestic which are all over the world.
I personally cant wait to hear them in the new large soundroom at the new building this May. TAS Cover.png

Last edited:

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
The Majestics will be on permanent display at the new Gobel Factory/Showroom starting soon.
At this time the only place they would have been heard is at MOC the year Oliver introduced them and there is a pair in HK>
The Majestic needs a large room. I have heard all of the speakers and just finsished a visit a short time agao at RH at which we heard the XXV with the same gear in the same room. Stirling Trayle was a participant in both system set ups.
I dont think my personal opinion will carry much weight in this discussion , since I am involved with Gobel, but I do suggest reading the reviews of Olivers speakers including the Majestic which are all over the world.
I personally cant wait to hear them in the new large soundroom at the new building this May. View attachment 106802

Have anyone directly compared them to magico m9 or xvx?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have heard the Divin Majestic, the XVX about five times, the YG Sonja XV once and the XV Jr. about three times.

But the speakers all were in different shows in different rooms with different associated components. So no comparative impressions would be valid.

If I couldn't have panel speakers, and if I had to choose one of these today, I do know which one I would choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I have heard the Divin Majestic, the XVX about five times, the YG Sonja XV once and the XV Jr. about three times.

But the speakers all were in different shows in different rooms with different associated components. So no comparative impressions would be valid.

If I couldn't have panel speakers, and if I had to choose one of these today, I do know which one I would choose.
But what would the RonBot say Ron? :p :eek:

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
RonBot no say horns of Aviton??? and lovely pretty pair of Drina :eek:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Last edited:

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ahh yes… :eek: but RonBot not as bright as Ron!!!

I guess the subject title flagships refers to dynamic drivers in the bot world. For us humans with emotion…

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I guess the subject title flagships refers to dynamic drivers in the bot world. For us humans with emotion…

All of the "other flagships" listed are dynamic driver loudspeakers, so I thought the OP was limiting the question to dynamic driver loudspeakers.

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017

Ron, I have to ask. Which one would you choose given your hypothetical?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, I have to ask. Which one would you choose given your hypothetical?

It would be risky because I have heard the Divin Majestic only briefly. Compared to the XVX the Majestic is a three-way design, rather than a more complicated multi-way design, and I assume the Majestic has a much simpler crossover. The Majestic is 96dB sensitive and a relatively easy load, I believe.

I would put 140 watts of Trafomatic Drina SET on the Majestic, and listen happily ever after. (And the underlying box speaker analysis for me personally here also is that as much as I love the Rockport Lyra I think the height of the Majestic would afford me a grander scale and soundstage that I don't think the much shorter Lyra could quite achieve.)

Al Stewart

May 14, 2017
That's what I thought on the speaker--its the highest sensitivity and clearly allows for the greatest amplifier flexibility.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
It would be risky because I have heard the Divin Majestic only briefly. Compared to the XVX the Majestic is a three-way design, rather than a more complicated multi-way design, and I assume the Majestic has a much simpler crossover. The Majestic is 96dB sensitive and a relatively easy load, I believe.

I would put 140 watts of Trafomatic Drina SET on the Majestic, and listen happily ever after. (And the underlying box speaker analysis for me personally here also is that as much as I love the Rockport Lyra I think the height of the Majestic would afford me a grander scale and soundstage that I don't think the much shorter Lyra could quite achieve.)
Imagine you got a hold one of the few arrakis's made? That would be sick.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Imagine you got a hold one of the few arrakis's made? That would be sick.

A low mileage Arrakis came up for sale or year or two ago. Frankly, I think Arrakis versus Lyra + subwoofers is a tough analysis.

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
A low mileage Arrakis came up for sale or year or two ago. Frankly, I think Arrakis versus Lyra + subwoofers is a tough analysis.

Ya good point, maybe can maybe match arrakis with subs + lyra.

Would be interesting to do that face off. Also maybe arrakis + subs vs lyra + subs.

I wonder if they stopped making arrakis because it was just too difficult to make?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
majestic23.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
majestic24.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing