Impressed with recent Wilson XVX audition - is there anythings that presents that kind of detail without sounding analytical?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
  • Haha
Reactions: Pokey77

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Large planars are intrinsically incoherent - the path from center of the speaker to the bottom or top differs for an appreciable fraction of the wavelength in the middle frequencies.

I currently enjoy a lot the SoundLab A1Px 's , but surely they do not deliver me the realism of the soundstage of the XLF's or even of Quad ESL63.
I need to brush up on my definition of coherent.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I've never understood the descriptor "cold or sterile" to describe any respected high end speaker. I have two systems. One with Magico A-5's and the other Wilson Alexia V1 (have ordered Alexx V). They are both wonderful but different speakers. I prefer the Wilson's a bit as they seem to image better which is my priority (i.e. taste). Heck I won't even describe my Bose portable as cold or Sterile.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
I'll take East TN for fall!

Attachments

• IMG_5030.jpeg
    IMG_5030.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
A very fine speaker to audition would be the Giya G1 Spirit. As a Wilson owner for many years I think Wilsons are very good speakers, but they will reveal any bad things in your system. Also, Pikes Peak is America's Mountain. I saw a street sign that proves it. :)

Last edited:

itay123

Mar 5, 2023
Love Wilson Audio ( I've had almost every W/P series, Maxx and more...And the speaker that I almost closed on was the ALEXX about a year and a half ago,), but in my opinion at the prices they offer their speakers,
there are better and more exotic alternatives,
one of them is definitely Kaiser Acoustics,
they sound more natural, more dynamic, detailed like the nature around us and not like many others , that sharpening the MID-HIGH and sounding synthetic,
The naturalness in Kaiser,
when we hear a musical instrument, the ratio of weight, presence, transparency, air, texture, character and high capabilities, presented at the most reliable level I've met,
without any effort.
So the one who can definitely compete against the XVX is definitely the Grand Kaizer and the Kaiser KAWERO! Brilliant Edition version with the separated CROSSes.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing