Documentary: Making a Murderer - Part Deux | October 19, 2018 - Netflix

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Oh well, the saga is not over till it's over ...
? https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-47380658

The cat killer is still making the news with KZ. ...Follow them bones.

"Avery has won a motion to appeal based on possible human bones found in a gravel pit.

His lawyer says they were not tested for DNA and were given to the Halbach family, a violation of state law.

Kathleen Zellner, who filed the motion, said the return of the bones meant that potentially crucial evidence in the case had been kept from further testing.

Avery and his nephew Brendan Dassey were both sentenced to life in jail - in separate trials - for killing Ms Halbach, whose charred remains were found at Avery's car salvage yard a week after she went there to photograph a minivan for sale.

If the bones - found near the Avery property - are found to belong to Ms Halbach, Ms Zellner says it undermines the prosecution's theory that she was killed on the Avery property.

"This evidence has the potential to undo the whole case, so it is a big win," she told Newsweek magazine.

"The case is being remanded back to the circuit court to conduct proceedings, which can include a hearing. The circuit court can grant a new trial, or if not, back to appellate court who can reverse the conviction and/or grant a new trial."

Evidence related to the bones can now be submitted.

On Twitter, Ms Zellner said: "We are going to have an extraordinary number of constitutional violations when we are done. The [court of appeals] is letting us create an avalanche of evidence in this record. Higher courts rule."

Making a Murderer cast doubt on the legal process used in the investigation and subsequent court cases."

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
indeed this is good news and the saga continues

Before we all get excited and predict the outcome, justice in this country can be a very difficult thing for Brendan Dassey and Steve Avery

So I guess then we can anticipate MaM lll

Reactions: assessor43

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't get easily excited, it takes a big towing truck to move my "ride".
The people in my family circle of friends are not the easily excitable type.
We move when the music moves...when it's dancing emotionally in our hearing.
...And with some films too, very very few.

I agree; this a legal course now...it doesn't make Steven Avery innocent.
But it sure makes all those clowns from that town with their court processing the joke of their county, of their state, of their country and of the people living in it.
What a total mess this all is.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
? https://www.themarysue.com/steven-avery-getting-appeal/

I think we are going after the flaws of the justice system here; just normal legal procedures.
I'm not holding my breath for anything here but Kathleen Zellner sure is a determined woman.
Who knows if we might ever find the truth in this most bizarre case.
If we do, good; our time wasn't wasted in vain. We'll see ...

If Steven Avery is guilty but walks free because of technicality; that would be a very good lesson to many twisted people in this case...prosecution, detectives and all.
And I don't think that Steven Avery is going to kill another girl after his possible future release to freedom...that'll be the day! The guy's better put his time into catching up with Netflix movies and Nintendo games. ...Move out from that Auto Salvage yard nightmare place. ...Rent a condominium in another town, in another county, far away from Wisconsin, on a beach near the ocean, with palm trees, white sand and fresh breeze...Miami beach, Florida.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I think it's a great idea to have that course included in law school (university) ...
https://amp.fdlreporter.com/amp/3103776002

...For many reasons; the process in this case of the justice system (in & out), Kathleen Zellner joining in for Season 2 and representing Steven Avery, the case of Brendan Dassey and his attorneys, the judges, the appeals, the history, all the players involved, the investigations, the police and detectives, the families, Teresa Halback and her family, all the evidences presented and omitted, etc., etc., etc.

"When it began this spring, 21 students enrolled in the class with majors including criminal justice and psychology.Some have seen the documentary before, while others, like criminal justice majors Veronica Zdun and Charmaine Harris knew nearly nothing about it."

* The fight is still on about an appeal for a new trial and a judge's recuse and the bones (DNA test).
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/...houldnt-get-hearing-should-denied/3341828002/

There is nothing new for quite a while now, everyone is talking in circles, and nobody knows anything new anymore. Zellner has hit a stubborn wall for once in her prestigious career.
I don't know if she will get her bones tested; it doesn't look like it.

What else? A confession perhaps, but from who? Brendan's brother Bobby Dassey, Barb's husband Scott Tadych? Good lock.
The two varmints (killer and accomplice and liars) are already incarcerated.
Why free criminals, that's not Kathleen Zellner style. She's a truth seeker, a justice seeker.
I think she'll die before she find out exactly what happened; just too many crooks and liars from that county. The time she is wasted (probably not much) on that case could be better served on other much more priority cases.
Anyway it's her life, her decision, as to who she wants to help first and not. ...Herself is a great option; travelling the world with her husband before exhausting her last breath.
I'm certain that she's thinking...what a crazy bunch surrounding this case, her included.

Take some quality vacations Kathleen, for good...you deserve it; and besides your young protégés can take over. It's their turn now to seek justice and free the true innocents.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

I think it's a great idea to have that course included in law school (university) ...
https://amp.fdlreporter.com/amp/3103776002

...For many reasons; the process in this case of the justice system (in & out), Kathleen Zellner joining in for Season 2 and representing Steven Avery, the case of Brendan Dassey and his attorneys, the judges, the appeals, the history, all the players involved, the investigations, the police and detectives, the families, Teresa Halback and her family, all the evidences presented and omitted, etc., etc., etc.

"When it began this spring, 21 students enrolled in the class with majors including criminal justice and psychology.Some have seen the documentary before, while others, like criminal justice majors Veronica Zdun and Charmaine Harris knew nearly nothing about it."

* The fight is still on about an appeal for a new trial and a judge's recuse and the bones (DNA test).
https://www.postcrescent.com/story/...houldnt-get-hearing-should-denied/3341828002/

There is nothing new for quite a while now, everyone is talking in circles, and nobody knows anything new anymore. Zellner has hit a stubborn wall for once in her prestigious career.
I don't know if she will get her bones tested; it doesn't look like it.

What else? A confession perhaps, but from who? Brendan's brother Bobby Dassey, Barb's husband Scott Tadych? Good lock.
The two varmints (killer and accomplice and liars) are already incarcerated.
Why free criminals, that's not Kathleen Zellner style. She's a truth seeker, a justice seeker.
I think she'll die before she find out exactly what happened; just too many crooks and liars from that county. The time she is wasted (probably not much) on that case could be better served on other much more priority cases.
Anyway it's her life, her decision, as to who she wants to help first and not. ...Herself is a great option; travelling the world with her husband before exhausting her last breath.
I'm certain that she's thinking...what a crazy bunch surrounding this case, her included.

Take some quality vacations Kathleen, for good...you deserve it; and besides your young protégés can take over. It's their turn now to seek justice and free the true innocents.

I think the people I feel the worst for are Steve Avery's aging parents

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
"Kathleen Zellner has the rare distinction of having won record verdicts in civil rights and medical malpractice cases. Most trial attorneys only try cases in one area of law. Also, she has won very difficult criminal trials, appeals and post-convictions. She is the only trial attorney in the United States who has won 5 multi-million dollar record verdicts in the span of 11 months. This includes both a record medical malpractice and civil rights verdicts. She currently has the highest civil rights verdict in the United States calculated per month, totally $2 million per month. Additionally, she has the highest false arrest settlement, calculated at $1,550 per minute for a total of $1.4 million for a 90 minute time period. There is no other civil rights attorney in the United States who has won larger verdicts when the months of incarceration or the minutes of false arrest are calculated. By monthly comparison, a $21 million verdict for 11 years would be $159,000 per month. Another example is a $9 million verdict for 4 years imprisonment, totals $187,500 per month. The underlying premise of Zellner’s remarkable success is that she is not just “practicing” law, she is getting unparalleled results. Her ability to win in the courtroom, no matter the type of case, is the result of her unwavering commitment to winning for the victims of injustice."

?http://www.kathleentzellner.com/kathleen

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I know, I included the link. Her secretary probably wrote it based on her records.

I was looking for the latest about Kathleen Zellner. She's keeping a low profile right now and I don't blame her @ all. I searched for cases that she gave up, quit, turned to be tougher than what she bargained for. Of course she doesn't talk about those. But some are available for all to see on Reddit. She has been played too in the past. Still, her record overall is very impressive.

Right now she isn't much in the spotlight anymore.
And the latest sordid stories about Steven Avery and entourage are not worth posting.
I was wondering how our famous attorney feels in recent weeks.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I agree with this:
? https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/22/maki...-avery-will-now-never-fair-trial-9643109/amp/

This is the reality world we live in. If you try to change it for the better...good luck.
And true that this is not the only case, there are many more...social, justice system injustices.
Everyone's on a payroll.

So I wish my best of luck to Kathleen Zellner in this case here, before all the players involved died, including Kathleen herself.

But I believe it's worth fighting for, even if it takes hundred years; so that the generations of that time can reflect on ours and decide of their own direction.
If our justice system is so corrupted (and it is), then it's our responsibility, our actions of building our society today that determine the future builders of tomorrow's societies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Kathleen Zellner is tenacious, very.
It's been extremely quiet for a good while. But recently the news were not good for Avery.
If it takes an eternity Avery will die in jail but not all is in vain because it's important also to expose the people who broke the system's laws. It's worth fighting for, for justice and respect of our laws.

That's how I think, in the fair balance of all things.
There is simply too much injustice, too many lies, too much fabrication, too many twisted people, too many sordid inconsistencies (bones), illegalities in this entire affair from the bottom to the top, that I believe it's good to clean up straight with straight up people in a straight up system.

If we don't we do nothing good to advance in straighteness, guilty or not.
I've been thinking a long time before I clicked the post reply sign.
...Close to an eternity ...

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertai...ut-of-jail-even-if-it-takes-an-eternity.html/

Who knows what's next now for Zellner & team; vacations to the tropical islands?
...On a super yacht with a French chef (high end cuisine) and a live Calypso band, or Mariachi.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
they do not want to cough up the law suit money.

It truly looks like a dead end for Kathleen Zellner.
There's nothing new for the last long while now, and legally she doesn't have anything to fight with. Time will not free Avery/Dassey's doomed destiny. I don't see any new trial for either one.

Yes there were multiple irregularities and less than trusty players in all this very sordid court zoo.
It was a zoo indeed with some weird animals, more than decent humans or humans with true integrity.

From my point of view today I see two things:
1. They are guilty and the way they were found guilty was full of holes, inconsistencies, illegalities, lies, super weird people all over.
2. If they are not guilty they cannot find the real guilty; they have no proof, no evidence, nothing that it was someone else.

The other side of this strange real life show is the victim. Who's the real victim; it's the young Ms Halbach. Did she get justice? No because her entire life was taken from her. Whoever killed her is not human, but a bad animal. It is extremely sad to live around abusive people and without protection. How would she know, she was doing her job and never thought that someone would hurt her. She didn't know what Steven Avery did to a cat, or she wouldn't have gone to his place and take pictures of cars.

I truly don't know anymore who's that animal; I thought Kathleen Zellner might know, not the cat but the one who torture and kill the cat. Is she looking for that animal, or all the other animals who operated the zoo (court system with all the animal players)? Maybe the later, if she believes in true justice. Because the other justice is already in jail.
It's more the job of the police to find the real killer(s). And if they aren't looking it's probably because they know they are already in jail?

I'm more of the view #1 just above; both are guilty, but the entire process was terrible with terrible people who were involved in that case and in that town and in that court house.

The two young film directors gave us quite of a ride. ...A grossly flawed court system with the people composing it. They had to put the cat killer in jail, no matter the cost, even their sanity and reputation.

Sad, and not only for the cat and Ms Halbach but for all the young innocent victims in the world, and the abused cats. Education is important ...

Steve Williams

It's tough to believe that the 2 are guilty however the possibility that evidence was planted by the state and police is a haunting thought.

Regardless I believe that this is all over and we will never know the truth unless a new trial is granted

Steve Williams

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I've read about that not long ago; it seems like a tough proposition Steve.
She must also have other cats (cases) to take care of.
It's still amazing her tenacity to not giving up.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing