EMM Labs Pre2 Reference Preamplifier

CVMAN01

Mar 22, 2019
It looks like the new PRE is in a bigger box to likely accommodate a bigger power supply. Early comments is that it offers even more dimensionality or resolution, but how much more for the increased price. The Pre2 may be the better value.

Yuen A.

Jan 4, 2018
Hi all,

Phil Gold at Novo High End (March 20, 2019) said: "Listening side by side to the two EMM Labs preamps, I’m convinced the PRE2 remains a great preamp, vanishingly low in distortion, resolving of fine detail, colorful and with no hum or hiss detectable. And it is a better preamp than when it was first released, since EMM Labs have introduced running changes and can upgrade earlier units to current specs. But just as surely, the PRE is a significant leap forward."

Yuen A.

Jan 4, 2018
Hi folks

Dagogo has just published a new review of the Emm Labs Pre Reference by Fred Crowder. He concludes: " With respect to much of the other music I have listened to on both units [Emm Pre and Audio Note M10 S.E. - over US$100,000], it would be really difficult to say that I have a preference. As far as my experience goes, they are both as good as it gets. Which direction one goes is both a question of preference and, in this instance, pocketbook (the Audio Note being many multiples of the price of the EMM). My own solution to the dilemma will probably be to keep both.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing