Entreq Tellus grounding

Congratulations FF
It's always great when an upgrade is successful.
The Everests in my system also made a noticeable difference to the bass integrity.
Makes such a difference to the whole sound quality.

You say you like to listen to other people's systems... have you by any chance heard the Devialet Phantom Gold yet?
Figures indicate it should give a rather impressive depth but I have not heard them yet personally.

Mine is one of the systems Bonzo has been to listen to, twice, and I have silver Phantoms here as well as the Tune Audio Anima he came to listen to.
I am a big fan of the Phantoms at their price point, in fact if I am listening to speech on BBC radio they are definitely notably more realistic than the Animas and pretty good on music too. In principle they have limited bass level, despite 3000 peak watts and DSP, but it is not a problem that I have noticed when listening (I mainly listen to classical music, it was at my place that Bonzo first heard my much loved LP of the Lizst/Richter btw). Obviously nowhere near the dynamic range of a pair of 109dB/watt horns though!
I know US high end common knowledge scorns Devialet, but they definitely make the least coloured amp I have heard, throughout the frequency range.
Not suitable for fans of kit with masses of euphonic colouration, of course.

Entreq silver Tellus and what eartha cable?

I am intending to purchase a silver Tellus after reading this thread and would like to seek opinions on the following...
1. For a balanced preamp arc ref 6. Should I connect to 1 rcA or 1 xlr imput or should I connect both channels?
2. I have a aurender w20, lampizator GG and a arc preamp, dan dagostino amp and subwoofer. Is it too much to ground all into a single silver Tellus?
Would appreciate thoughts and opinions. Thks.

I am intending to purchase a silver Tellus after reading this thread and would like to seek opinions on the following...
1. For a balanced preamp arc ref 6. Should I connect to 1 rcA or 1 xlr imput or should I connect both channels?
2. I have a aurender w20, lampizator GG and a arc preamp, dan dagostino amp and subwoofer. Is it too much to ground all into a single silver Tellus?
Would appreciate thoughts and opinions. Thks.

Hi there.
The Silver Tellus has five binding posts so will cope with your system and you can always add to it at a later stage.One channel should be fine for the amp and preamp.
I use RCAs with my sources as the balanced inputs on them are all used for the i/cs to my amp and it works very well. I did subsequently add an Atlantis Tellus to two of my Silver Tellus. The Vitus SIA 025 amp is grounded to a Poseidon which is also used for the negative speaker terminal grounding. The latter application by the way requires self contained earth boxes as in the Poseidon or two Minimus boxes.
The Challenger earth cables are very good value but the Apollo and Atlantis are more effective in most systems. If you are tempted by a modest upgrade to the Silver Tellus the Everest binding posts are a good buy.
Hope that is helpful and happy listening.

I am interested too but have been told that one must not connect more than two components on a silver tellus for best results.

That advice is in my experience "over the top"
I have never heard it before and I have used Silver Tellus for at least two years with very good results with 5 and more earth leads but it's certainly the case that adding an Atlantis Tellus will give significant improvements.

I would like to see suggestions on grounding a dan dagostino stereo amplifier. This has only a pair of balanced xlr imputs and speaker post...all of which are used.

I would like to see suggestions on grounding a dan dagostino stereo amplifier. This has only a pair of balanced xlr imputs and speaker post...all of which are used.

No experience of that problem I am afraid but two suggestions which may assist.
Using a Poseidon or two minimus boxes you could with two Entreq earth cables "ground" the negative speaker terminals on the amp. I have done it it on my Vitus SIA 025 and it is effective. The Entreq site explains how this should be done and it is important to apply as set out.
Instead of or in addition to the above you could fit an Entreq Apollo or Atlantis balanced i/c which incorporates an earth lead for connection to a Minimus or Tellus box. Again I have Apollo balanced i/cs and find them very good.
Hope that helps.

Fiddle Faddle,
what awesome feedback you wrote!!!!
Finally, I've installed 5 of Everests on my 2 poseidons.
I confirm Barry & Jazzhead feedbacks on the Everest. It adds some sort of nuance of truth to the music. But, in my system, I needed at least 4 Everests to achieve the outcome. With 5 has been even better.
I've replaced the Apollo SS connected to the negative terminals of my amplifier with a couple of Atlantis, and in this case, the improvement is far greater (not subtle indeed).
I noticed that, I do not know if it depends by other factors or from my memory, but it seems that the system has a continuous improvement even after weeks. Or As Detlof claims: there are physiological as well as psychological variations in our state of being which influence our perceptions.
However, I could settle in to listen some reference tracks, as for example "Violin Concertos Nr1 & 2" played by Salvatore Accardo and London Philarmonic Orchestra.
In the "Campanella" piece I can hear the warmth of the Stradivari's violin as never before.

I installed earlier this afternoon two Atlantis earth cables on my Poseidon for negative speaker terminal grounding to my Vitus SIA 025 amp.
It followed a comprehensive fuse upgrade on PCs and internal fuse replacements - Phonosophie Gold for the former and SR for the latter. Very impressive results and can really recommend despite my initial scepticism.
In addition about a week ago got a new Sony 4K Smart 43" TV which prompted me to relocate the centre speaker in front of and under the screen from its previous location above the TV and between the main front speakers. I was also able to place the TV further back from the main front speakers. What I had not expected was the significant and big improvement in the sound from my audio sources from both those changes. It banished a lot of the reflections I was unwittingly generating previously.
So well pleased with those improvements and wondering how much further improvement I would accrue from the new Atlantis earth which you had recommended strongly. Needn't have worried. Even in the first 10 - 15 minutes the improvement was clearly audible and is continuing to improve as they settle in.
More music in a nutshell. More musical info, better soundstage with both more body and clarity of the lyrics of songs. More to come over the next two to three days but yes a really well worthwhile upgrade in line with your experience.
Thank you for sharing your experiences which encouraged me to follow suit.

I installed earlier this afternoon two Atlantis earth cables on my Poseidon for negative speaker terminal grounding to my Vitus SIA 025 amp.
It followed a comprehensive fuse upgrade on PCs and internal fuse replacements - Phonosophie Gold for the former and SR for the latter. Very impressive results and can really recommend despite my initial scepticism.
In addition about a week ago got a new Sony 4K Smart 43" TV which prompted me to relocate the centre speaker in front of and under the screen from its previous location above the TV and between the main front speakers. I was also able to place the TV further back from the main front speakers. What I had not expected was the significant and big improvement in the sound from my audio sources from both those changes. It banished a lot of the reflections I was unwittingly generating previously.
So well pleased with those improvements and wondering how much further improvement I would accrue from the new Atlantis earth which you had recommended strongly. Needn't have worried. Even in the first 10 - 15 minutes the improvement was clearly audible and is continuing to improve as they settle in.
More music in a nutshell. More musical info, better soundstage with both more body and clarity of the lyrics of songs. More to come over the next two to three days but yes a really well worthwhile upgrade in line with your experience.
Thank you for sharing your experiences which encouraged me to follow suit.

Hi Barry, that's a great news, but I was pretty sure looking at your system.
You will see the system will improve more and more during the few next days/weeks.

Thanks
Nicely settled in and sounding very good.
Before going to bed late last night i played the remastered CD of Leonard Cohen's greatest hits and it has never sounded better. So much cleaner and revealing with far better tonality and no downsides. It's a bit difficult to separate out what have been the best improvements but I think its the difference the Atlantis have made to the timing and which has benefitted all the other aspects of the sound. Has that been your experience?
Best wishes,
Barry

Thanks
Nicely settled in and sounding very good.
Before going to bed late last night i played the remastered CD of Leonard Cohen's greatest hits and it has never sounded better. So much cleaner and revealing with far better tonality and no downsides. It's a bit difficult to separate out what have been the best improvements but I think its the difference the Atlantis have made to the timing and which has benefitted all the other aspects of the sound. Has that been your experience?
Best wishes,
Barry

Yes indeed, it's for that reason which I think the main benefit may be achieved with Atlantis on negative terminals of fast amplifier, giving them greater sweetness and naturalness in the mid-high tones.

Thanks Paolo.
I've got to the stage where I feel secure in trusting what my ears tell me, but it's good to avoid any complacency, and reassuring to have confirmation from another member with matching experience

After an unsuccessful trial about a year ago, I decided to test the Entreq products again and I obtained some very tangible and convincing results.

I opted for the following configuration comprising 4 Silver Minimus (I wanted to have a setup as stealthiest as possible):
- Silver Minimus + Everest + Konstantin and Appolo cables on both negative terminals of each loudspeaker (Appollo for the bass and Konstantin for the medium/treble)
- Silver Minimus + Appolo cable on my preamp
- Silver Minimus + Appolo cable on my phono stage

The Everest brought a tangible improvement when connected to the groundboxes dedicated to the loudspeakers. This was less the case with the groundboxes connected to the preamp and the phono stage.

Last edited:
After an unsuccessful trial about a year ago, I decided to test the Entreq products again and I obtained some very tangible and convincing results.

I opted for the following configuration comprising 4 Silver Minimus (I wanted to have the stealthiest setup possible):
- Silver Minimus + Everest + Konstantin and Appolo cables on both negative terminals of each loudspeaker (Appollo for the bass and Konstantinos for the Medium/treble)
- Silver Minimus + Appolo cable on my preamp
- Silver Minimus + Appolo cable on my phono phono stage

The Everest brought a tangible improvement when connected to the groundboxes dedicated to the loudspeakers. This was less the case with the groundboxes connected to the preamp and the phono stage.

Congrats and glad you had the persistence to try again. I have been told by many that grounding speakers makes a nice improvement...'removing dirt' from the signal was how it was described to me as sounding. In fact, the person who told me this also noted that Tannoy have long had grounding posts on the back of their speakers for this purpose.

Great news dcc
I am glad that your perseverance has paid off
The numerous Entreq products in my system have all been very successful and the speaker terminal grounding with a Poseidon was particularly beneficial as was the very recent addition of Atlantis earth cables for that application.
Enjoy!

An Olympus Tellus arrived chez Barry 2013's late last Friday afternoon. The dealer loaded the Olympus and its accompanying large box separately into the car for us. The wisdom of that became fully apparent when we got home. The Olympus itself is a genuine two man lift, unless you are of the piano mover physique, and the box is quite heavy and awkward so I hate to think what it would have been like trying to carry them both together.
It has replaced an Atlantis Tellus, a Silver Tellus and two Silver Minimus and freeded up a shelf in the rack in the process.It came with an Apollo mains earth lead so scope for a further upgrade to an Atlantis.
Pardon the logistics preamble but if you do get one and install it yourself you will know in advance what is involved.
Put it in the rack and hooked up all the earth cables early evening and let it settle in before any serious listening so can't really report any immediate findings. But approaching midnight played the Dire Straits Anniversary SACD of Brothers in Arms. What a revelation. The opening track "So Far Away" had a visceral quality I was quite unprepared for. The sound came out of a totally silent background with an attack and bass power I have never experienced before in my system and the vocals in the subsequent tracks were so much more distinct. Against my better judgement I played it a second time and it was really quite magical but at 1.30am I judged it was time for bed.
The following day I contented myself with the MD 109 FM tuner and a newly acquired BIS SACD of Mozarts Piano Concertos Nos 20 and 27 with Ronald Brautigan and Die Kolner Academie. With the Olympus the piano has a new tonal density and convincing integrity of sound. Violins have greater impact and attack without any associated harshness which is particularly evident in the higher registers.Bass is fuller but perfectly controlled. Overall the sound is darker but not in anyway unnatural or oppressive, just right sounding.
It's probably pretty well there in terms of burning in and settling in my system and I have not yet played any vinyl or many CDs and SACDs so a range of pleasures to come.
At this stage though I am delighted with the Olympus. It has genuinely lived up to Per Oloff;s description of its sonic qualities on the Entreq site. A game changer for my system. Has taken it to new heights of sound quality whilst retaining all the musicality and naturalness of the sound across all frequencies.
A wonderful start to my New Year!
PS
Full details of my system are on my profile.

Congrats and happy new year!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu