Entreq Tellus grounding

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I just recently added some of the Entreq Macro boxes for grounding the negative speaker terminals at the speaker end. My dealer had suggested it would make an improvement. Sound is a bit less grainy, more focused, and more delicate. A small but worthy upgrade. I added some spare Everest knobs I had.

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very cool...have heard great things about. In our case, we cannot do this as the Robert Koda K160s have live DC on the speaker terminals or something. They specifically say we cannot hook anything else to the speaker terminals.

Reactions: HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Very cool...have heard great things about. In our case, we cannot do this as the Robert Koda K160s have live DC on the speaker terminals or something. They specifically say we cannot hook anything else to the speaker terminals.

I was not expecting much, but my local dealer had them so I figured I would just give it a try. I got the idea from watching Entreq Asia promo video. The vibbeaters on top of the speakers and ground boxes help as well. Little bits of refinement. I'm in the process of replacing all the Chinese ground boxes with Entreq boxes. In almost every case there were improvements.

887E9D4747BA9BEE3C8CC15B402EC457.jpg

Frankie67

Nov 2, 2021
Very excited about some recent (major) tweaks in my system.

To start off, I’ve finally placed my stereo equipment on a dedicated AC line with a dedicated circuit breaker (https://www.doepke.de/en/products/p…sidual-current-f/for-audiophile-applications/ 2). I am now waiting to receive a Plixir 3000 power conditioner (https://www.plixirpower.com/products/elite-bac-3000-pre-conditioner 2), which will sit on top of the chain just below the power circuit breaker.

I’ve changed all wall outlets with Furutech NCF Rhodium outlets (https://www.furutech.com/tech 2). All electronics are now connected to these outlets, except for the dCS Vivaldi and the D’Agostino Momentum phono stage which are connected to a Transparent Audio Reference Isolator.

I have connected the Gryphon Essence Mono amps, the Gryphon Pandora preamp, the D’Agostino Momentum phono stage and the dCS Vivaldi dac to Entreq ground boxes.

Finally, I’ve replaced all fuses with Synergistic Research Purple fuses.

All of the above has been done only some days ago and obviously needs some break-in but I can assure you that it has moved the system to an incredible level of expressiveness. More to come…

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Expressiveness is a good indicator that the system changes are effective. It seems every time I improve my AC grounding on my front end music server, it takes another step up in expressiveness. Saving up for a Silver CleanUS and ground box, which I intend to use on the front end server.

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have an older Silver Tellus, and I was wondering if adding a couple of Peak 4's would bring this unit up to a higher Entreq model in performance?

ozzy

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
I have an older Silver Tellus, and I was wondering if adding a couple of Peak 4's would bring this unit up to a higher Entreq model in performance?

ozzy
Definitely will push your Silver Tellus to a new level. Even the Everest will do that.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Thanks. I think I will try a couple.

ozzy
You have choices.

1. Add a Tungten Vibbeater
2. Add a Peak 4 or Everest
3. Add a Nano + Hook connector adaptor.
4. A combination of the above 3.

I'm uncertain which will give you the most bang for your buck. The Vibbeaters are cost effective.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Quick grounding Q. I'm running a Silver Tellus and Apollo ground cables, 2013 vintage. All four of the terminals are taken, grounding eight components.
I have another four grounds needed (two Airblades, an Entreq Silver Cleanus, and possible Whest Audio digital buffer B11 unit).
Lloyd/LL21 informs me that using one or more Everest terminals will enable me to ground up additional components per terminal.
Has anyone done this, used the Everest for this purpose?
Or am I better off adding another grounding box?

Last edited:

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Quick grounding Q. I'm running a Silver Tellus and Apollo ground cables, 2013 vintage. All four of the terminals are taken, grounding eight components.
I have another four grounds needed (two Airblades, an Entreq Silver Cleanus, and possible Whest Audio digital buffer B11 unit).
Lloyd/LL21 informs me that using one or more Everest terminals will enable me to ground up additional components per terminal.
Has anyone done this, used the Everest for this purpose?
Or am I better off adding another grounding box?
Hi Marc
I hope you are keeping well.
Lloyd probably has more experience of all the Entreq products than any of us so I am sure he is right.
That said my instincts tell me that to add he Everests plus another four grounds is asking a lot from one Silver Tellus.
Although more expensive my strong feeling is that an additional Tellus would be more effective.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Kinda what I thought too. An additional box makes sense.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Haven't posted much on the Entreq thread recently, I kinda fell out of love when it transpired did less here in my less noise polluted environment now compared to my London apartment.
However I've stuck at it, and on balance, Entreq grounding still provides overall benefits.
In my ceaseless quest for audio perfection, lol, I've made a little change that's made a big difference.
I learnt some time ago that getting my CDP off the Silver Tellus, leaving the latter to the rest of my system (all-analog, effectively), made sonic sense. Digital must just churn noise.
So, my Eera Tentation CDP was connected to its own ground box, an Olympus Minimus, that my Silver Cleanus filter is also grounded by.
Well, I removed the CDP from the Olympus, so that the Silver Cleanus has the Olympus all to itself, and analog has taken some major steps forward, in the areas of air, ease, texture and dynamics.
My Eera now has its own Olympus Minimus, on loan from a friendly audiophile so it's grounded again, fully isolated from the analog side, even the Silver Cleanus.
Olympus to CDP, Olympus to Silver Cleanus, Silver Tellus to rest of system.
The journey still has surprises, even in the twilight of my system building/optimising.
Critically, after a whole audiofool trek where I could never consistently get my LP playback to keep a handy lead over CD, well I'm now getting this. And changes like this are cementing my turnaround in fortunes.
New territory for me.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I
Haven't posted much on the Entreq thread recently, I kinda fell out of love when it transpired did less here in my less noise polluted environment now compared to my London apartment.
However I've stuck at it, and on balance, Entreq grounding still provides overall benefits.
In my ceaseless quest for audio perfection, lol, I've made a little change that's made a big difference.
I learnt some time ago that getting my CDP off the Silver Tellus, leaving the latter to the rest of my system (all-analog, effectively), made sonic sense. Digital must just churn noise.
So, my Eera Tentation CDP was connected to its own ground box, an Olympus Minimus, that my Silver Cleanus filter is also grounded by.
Well, I removed the CDP from the Olympus, so that the Silver Cleanus has the Olympus all to itself, and analog has taken some major steps forward, in the areas of air, ease, texture and dynamics.
My Eera now has its own Olympus Minimus, on loan from a friendly audiophile so it's grounded again, fully isolated from the analog side, even the Silver Cleanus.
The journey still has surprises, even in the twilight of my system building/optimising.
Critically, after a whole audiofool trek where I could never consistently get my LP playback to keep a handy lead over CD, well I'm now getting this. And changes like this are cementing my turnaround in fortunes.
New territory for me.
Perhaps if I had discovered the magic of grounding when I still had my LP system, I might still have it. At the time, there wasn't a big enough difference for me to keep it. When I moved overseas, that was the final blow and sold off my vinyl collection. I'm happy with the hirez streaming server I have now.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I

Perhaps if I had discovered the magic of grounding when I still had my LP system, I might still have it. At the time, there wasn't a big enough difference for me to keep it. When I moved overseas, that was the final blow and sold off my vinyl collection. I'm happy with the hirez streaming server I have now.
Welcome back.
Very interesting and ties in with an itch I have been experiencing for some time without coming to a conclusion, but which was renewed by the latest issue of HiFi+ and a review by the sadly departed Chris Thomas of the Waversa Slim Pro Class D inyegrated amp/streamer. They are a new boy on the block and another example of a successful manufacturer following his audiophile interests into manufacturing. Not the first by any means. Another well known example being Shunyata.
In short I keep thinking about adding a streaming capability to my system despite already having a turntable, FM tuner, CDP, TV and Bluray player all hooked up to the amp and AV amp.
The potential attraction is more based on having a streamer in order to audition a piece of music prior to buying it on CD or vinyl.
The point as you have identified it is the noise created by digital components and the benefits of grounding them to a different box to the analogue sources. Chris had the same problem which he discussed with the Waversa distributor who is also the Entreq and QSA distributor. He added to the Slim Pro set up an Entreq Olympus to the router and two QSA Organic Blue Lan jitter filters, one to the Slim Pro and one to the router. Those additions in Chris Thomas's view made a substantial improvement to the sound quality.
I was already proposing to try the QSA jitter plugs, but their benefits to streaming as evidenced by the Waversa review makes the addition of a streamer more attractive. What I will probably do is try the jitter plug(s) first to see how they go with my system as it is before taking the plunge into a streamer.
It does,however, reinforce the benefits of Entreq grounding be it for analogue systems or for digital/analogue systems and make streaming a more attractive addition with the QSA jitter plugs

Reactions: Frankie67

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Welcome back.
Very interesting and ties in with an itch I have been experiencing for some time without coming to a conclusion, but which was renewed by the latest issue of HiFi+ and a review by the sadly departed Chris Thomas of the Waversa Slim Pro Class D inyegrated amp/streamer. They are a new boy on the block and another example of a successful manufacturer following his audiophile interests into manufacturing. Not the first by any means. Another well known example being Shunyata.
In short I keep thinking about adding a streaming capability to my system despite already having a turntable, FM tuner, CDP, TV and Bluray player all hooked up to the amp and AV amp.
The potential attraction is more based on having a streamer in order to audition a piece of music prior to buying it on CD or vinyl.
The point as you have identified it is the noise created by digital components and the benefits of grounding them to a different box to the analogue sources. Chris had the same problem which he discussed with the Waversa distributor who is also the Entreq and QSA distributor. He added to the Slim Pro set up an Entreq Olympus to the router and two QSA Organic Blue Lan jitter filters, one to the Slim Pro and one to the router. Those additions in Chris Thomas's view made a substantial improvement to the sound quality.
I was already proposing to try the QSA jitter plugs, but their benefits to streaming as evidenced by the Waversa review makes the addition of a streamer more attractive. What I will probably do is try the jitter plug(s) first to see how they go with my system as it is before taking the plunge into a streamer.
It does,however, reinforce the benefits of Entreq grounding be it for analogue systems or for digital/analogue systems and make streaming a more attractive addition with the QSA jitter plugs
I've played around with streamer before using a Mac Mini with power supply removed and powered by a LPS. Although not a final solution it gave me some ideas of what streaming could do.

My OPERA Consonance DAC can work direct with a NAS media server (via direct USB) but I decided to go the full isolation route and feed the DAC via ETHERNET and bridge to the media server in another room. These are older photos but given the concept of what was done. All is done to eliminate noise and increase isolation.

Preview Clipping (7?21?04 PM).jpg Preview Clipping (7?21?23 PM).jpg Preview Clipping (7?21?50 PM).jpg

I wanted to go with the Entreq solution (instead of the LPS) , but unfortunately the word from Enteq is the battery is not stable in the Empire Primer Pro so Entreq is discontinuing it.

AF74A08F4F55826BED1562D35E5B8CDE.png

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
New territory for me.
My quest, same like yours, has me moving and changing things in order to see what works, and what does not. Overall the biggest gains I have achieved are via improving the grounding in the music server room. The Server, powered by a very good LPS, and that LPS connected to a power conditioner, which is grounded by an Olympus Ten T. and a Triton Power ground. The Olympus itself is tweaked with two Apollo Vibbeaters, one Nano, and two Magma slim Tungstens, and one Everest. The PC case is also grounded to the Olympus via the Apollo short cable that comes with the Nano.

Just the other day I added a Panzerholz platform under the Olympus, and honestly I was not expecting much, but boy oh boy did improve the sound. Another step up in the Timbre and realism in the instruments. The Entreq really do care about vibration reduction, either by mass loading or by using some platform to dampen the vibrations.

IMG_5930.jpg

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
New territory for me.
BTW The Silver CleanUS is next for me to add to the setup. I'm certain it will make a difference in my setup because of electric system where I live is very noisy. When I had my LP setup, my routine was pick out the albums I would listen to that night, then do the 20 step process to clean and de-static them and have them ready for that night. Now my process, is to disconnect all unused power and devices from the music server room, make sure all wifi and bluetooth is turned off that is not needed. Even with the grounded power conditioner and LPS powering the Music Server, anything else on that same electric circuit still degrades the sound.

Reactions: Danne75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Tim, I've been running a Silver Cleanus for a few years, and I really feel it's worthwhile. But it really benefits from its own ground box, I'm using an Olympus Minimus. I have a couple of Panzerholz slabs sitting unused, I'll try these under my Entreq stack (four high, once I source a Silver Tellus to solely ground my CDP).

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Tim, I've been running a Silver Cleanus for a few years, and I really feel it's worthwhile. But it really benefits from its own ground box, I'm using an Olympus Minimus. I have a couple of Panzerholz slabs sitting unused, I'll try these under my Entreq stack (four high, once I source a Silver Tellus to solely ground my CDP).
Nice. Try putting a platform under your cleanus and or the ground connected to the cleanus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing