Entreq Tellus grounding

Well contrary to my original scepticism, mainly caused by this idea of " signal grounding" which I find more than questionable for reasons already stated, I can now happily report that these things work. I was simply too impatient. They need much time to settle in. There was not much change in the soundstage, probably because this is one element the Lamms are truly exceptional in, but there was a definite improvement in one of the for me most important aspects of music reproduction: Bloom and air around instruments! I truly hope, returning from a live event and sitting in front of my rig, it will drive me a tad less up the wall from now on or wanting to smash it all up. The life of this music lover and -alas- also audiophile has become a little less hard. That said, i think I'll give the Poseidons a try.

Good to hear the Entreq has settled in and have to admire how you stuck with it and are now getting the benefits. Mike AD

umm doctor you have been self perscribing for some time by the looks of it:D

your one step ahead and are sure to start a trend as you have realised the higher you place your entreq the closer it is to per olof friberg.
he will sense this and reward your devout practise by unleashing a further wave of sonic improvment. most of the unaware call this the settleing down period but alas there is real magic afoot.

Spaz, please, please and even if I did self prescribe, oh the joy.....but I really do hope that P.O. stays away, I don't like his accent and he smells of manure. He is a farmer after all, isn't he;)
Also you need to know, that I don't really care where the magic is coming from. It probably comes from the wallet, because the more I spend , the greater the magic. No magic whith an emty wallet alas, not in audiophilia land.:mad:

Spaz., your post tempts me to draw a parallel to another of my favourite past times, especially in my younger years.

Wow...its always great to hear from the skeptics who dont believe, who critique and question...and then persist in trying for themselves to really figure out the bottom line. Bravo on the persistence...and congrats on the great results...look forward to hearing your views on the mighty Poseidon!

That is great news and I am delighted that your perseverance was rewarded.
Thanks also for the great pictures and I hope your back survived the elevated siting of the Olympus!
I am sure from my own experience that there is every prospect of further significant improvement from Poseidon/negative speaker terminal grounding.I imagine that is a bigger exercise with your Lamm power amps than with my Vitus SIA 025 but do give it a try.
I continue to be delighted with my Poseidon. Last Tuesday I listened to a live broadcast of Handel's Messiah from St Davids Hall in Cardiff on my MD 109 FM tuner and the clarity of the words was better than I have ever experienced before. The hall does have excellent acoustics but that excellent clarity without any loss of musicality has continued and it seems that that there has been a further improvement from the Poseidon after about three weeks use. I am not aware of any other evidence to that effect, but nothing else in the system has been changed, which appropos of your remarks about settling in has me wondering if there really is a further improvement from the Poseidon after an extended settling in period.
Enjoy!

Barry, am quite fascinated by what you say about the Poseidons. I love the sound of the Vitus by the way, but for my power hungry speakers I had to use bridged Lamm M2.2s for the upper base. Your remarks have made my expectations rise. Will have to tone them down, while I await the arrival of the P. Great expectations tend to clogg the ears.;)

well no harm/crime in remenissing about your OWN younger years.. especially so given the romote nature of your geographical location.[/

Yea, wished my younger years were in complete remission! Would not have to hide then behind my remote location! But my EARS are still good, so we are not off topic. ( Pace Paolo :)) and besides all our exquisite nonsense, I do have some self made grounding cables and tend to try them out soon. First of all however I want the O. to settle.

Last edited:
Thank you Barry. However I still fail to see in what way " signal grounding" really differs from chassis grounding, because in more cases than not, at least in the gear that I own, the signal ground is tied to chassis ground. I have checked this with a digital meter. So it should really make no difference if you used some point on the chassis or an input on the pre with gear like that. Have you ever tried that?

I and many others keep saying this, over and over, and it's like it just doesn't register with many people...

Also, what takes a few days to "settle"? I don't get this at all. The main effect of reducing DCR between components happens immediately, and I just can't imagine cable burn-in has much to do with it as it does with signal and AC cables...

Barry, am quite fascinated by what you say about the Poseidons. I love the sound of the Vitus by the way, but for my power hungry speakers I had to use bridged Lamm M2.2s for the upper base. Your remarks have made my expectations rise. Will have to tone them down, while I await the arrival of the P. Great expectations tend to clogg the ears.;)

Thank you Detlof.
I won't comment further on the Poseidon for the reasons you cite and for fear of provoking another expectation bias onslaught from Purite Audio.
It's good to read your view on Vitus and I can appreciate the reasons for your choice of Lamms. I won't pursue that on this thread as it is arising on a separate thread where I will say more.
In the meantime continue to enjoy the Olympus and keep us posted.
Best wishes,
Barry

back to the relitive safety of the topic at hand...

can anyone give thier thoughts on the different attributes of the various cable types they use with the entreq and if they use a different or the same type with the rest of their set up ( silver/ copper /graphene etc).

maybe some of you have tried custom 3rd party cables with your entreq.

would be good to know if i were to try it again.

Thanks Spaz.
I used Nordost Valhalla for years and then tried the then top of the line Tellurium speaker cables and was unexpectedly introduced to Entreq Tellus.
The Tellurium sounded good initially but after a few days they sounded somewhat artificial and processed and I tried Entreq Konstantin and have never looked back since then with regular upgrades.
The Konstantin speaker cables and i/cs are very good for the price and the Apollos are substantially better but obviously more expensive, though well worth it. There does seem to be cumulative benefits from using their ground boxes and cables together and the Konstantin range is a very good starting point in my experience.

I and many others keep saying this, over and over, and it's like it just doesn't register with many people...

Also, what takes a few days to "settle"? I don't get this at all. The main effect of reducing DCR between components happens immediately, and I just can't imagine cable burn-in has much to do with it as it does with signal and AC cables...

I can't give you any technical explanation although I am sure there is one.
All I can say is that it works, and many others have also testified to that.
Suck it and see!

with entreq and the troy people taking such different routes one must assume somethings afoot.

have you thought about developing earth cables for either of these devices?

the entreq is full of lose particals so maybe them settel in as one mass is part of this better after a few days phenomon.

I don't think the approach is nearly as different as you might think... The boxes have been opened and there is filtering using piezoelectric materials and a large surface area of conductors, same thing some others use for power conditioning... the Tripoint stuff looks almost exactly like Shunyata. Tubes filled with piezo material.

If I were to look into proper grounding cables I'd start with heavy gauge welding cable or litz cable. The litz wire I use for my AC cables contains over 1000 runs of individually insulated UPOCC copper wire, this would probably work really well, litz wire has less AC impedance and would probably be very effective in removing higher frequency noise when used for a ground cable.

All I can think of is the piezo filtering effect might take some time to establish after the box has been moved and the contents shifted around...

Anyway, this is a fairly simple concept that wouldn't be hard to DIY at all...

so your using the apollos through out your system?

very very intresting re the TQ i too tried them at first was taken in with top end sparkel but i too found them artificial top end and weird bass after a few days.

i know this is not a cable thread but with cable said to make such a huge difference with the ground box it would be nice to nail down what ones do what and if synergy with spk and interconects comes into it.

Pretty well Apollo throughout with a couple of Atlantis earths and mainly Challenger/ (3V) power cables.
I am sure your Entreq dealer would be happy to let you try some to find out if they suit your system.

I did expt w/ground cables other then Entreq, from a very well regarded manufacturer, and things just didn't wk out, a sort of cold/mechanical quality introduced. Going back to Apollo ground cables re established the order. Going to Atlantis cables produced too much warmth/image density, and Apollos again best. For me.

all i need is some empty pringle tubes put a copper plate in it and fill with cane sugar. i think i got all that in the kitchen.

thanks dave you saved me 4k:)

No problem, glad to be of service... ;)

Hi guys
I've been working my way through much of this thread. Now I can see the benefit of using the Entreq when you live in a flat/apartment where you can't do a grounding rod, but is the Entreq more than that?
thanks

all i need is some empty pringle tubes put a copper plate in it and fill with cane sugar. i think i got all that in the kitchen.

thanks dave you saved me 4k:)

SpazM, time for you to do a critical A-B.
Sour Cream And Chive v Barbecue flavoured Pringles tubes - should be plenty spare around this festive period!

Hi guys
I've been working my way through much of this thread. Now I can see the benefit of using the Entreq when you live in a flat/apartment where you can't do a grounding rod, but is the Entreq more than that?
thanks

Hi there.
I live in a detached house with no nearby industry. There is a large hospital about a quarter of a mile up the road which is on a separate mains supply.
I used an Audience Aspect AR8 years before trying Entreq and it is still in the system which is sited in 21x12 foot double aspect lounge with double glazed patio doors at one end. The house is brick built with cavity foam insulation. The room acoustics are very good.
Full details of my system are set out on my profile.
You can read all my views on this thread.
In short it has worked wonders on my system and has got better and better with every upgrade of the system and of the Entreq box and cable upgrades.
So in a nutshell my answer to your question is YES IT IS.

Hi there.
I live in a detached house with no nearby industry. There is a large hospital about a quarter of a mile up the road which is on a separate mains supply.
I used an Audience Aspect AR8 years before trying Entreq and it is still in the system which is sited in 21x12 foot double aspect lounge with double glazed patio doors at one end. The house is brick built with cavity foam insulation. The room acoustics are very good.
Full details of my system are set out on my profile.
You can read all my views on this thread.
In short it has worked wonders on my system and has got better and better with every upgrade of the system and of the Entreq box and cable upgrades.
So in a nutshell my answer to your question is YES IT IS.

I live even more detached, in fact not a living soul within a radius of give and take five miles or so and I took great care to have clean and stable power with grounding rod as a matter of course and yet my ears tell me that that stuff works.

A quick question for Spaz though:
Pringle tubes are an unknown entity here where I live. Also cane sugar is frowned upon for reasons political. There are old copper mines about 20 miles away. Do you think I could hollow out some rounds of well seasoned goat cheese und fill with some finely ground refuse from the mine dumps and try that for my diy project? Or should I move house right on top of one of these dumps and use those as super-enteq for what this clever Swedish farmer calls signal grounding? Please advise:p

Last edited:
I live even more detached, in fact not a living soul within a radius of give and take five miles or so and I took great care to have clean and stable power with grounding rod as a matter of course and yet my ears tell me that that stuff works.

A quick question for Spaz though:
Pringle tubes are an unknown entity here where I live. Also cane sugar is frowned upon for reasons political. There are old copper mines about 20 miles away. Do you think I could hollow out some rounds of well seasoned goat cheese und fill with some finely ground refuse from the mine dumps and try that for my diy project? Or should I move house right on top of one of these dumps and use those as super-enteq for what this clever Swedish farmer calls signal grounding? Please advise:p

As the lawyers in courtroom drama movies would say:
"We rest our case my lord/your honour"

I did expt w/ground cables other then Entreq, from a very well regarded manufacturer, and things just didn't wk out, a sort of cold/mechanical quality introduced. Going back to Apollo ground cables re established the order. Going to Atlantis cables produced too much warmth/image density, and Apollos again best. For me.

Guilty as charged! I did make a couple of experimental cables a while back for Marc (and Lloyd) to play with, albeit with mixed results. Given the niche nature of this market, I didn't take development any further. Like DaveC has suggested, my thoughts also revolved around both low impedance and litz wire. The latter formed the basis of Bud Purvine's grounding loops.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing