Entreq Tellus grounding

I'm in a barn, which is a separate building in the middle of 5 acres 75 feet from my house, in the mountains many miles away from urban activity, and have a 'dirty' power grid in my room/barn for HVAC and lights, and ancillary uses, and then a clean dedicated power grid with an Equi=tech 10WQ wall panel system w/10Kva isolation transformer with it's own ground rod for that panel which powers my system only.

my Entreq Silver Tellus works just fine, even with an uncompromised, fully sorted out and optimized power grid grounding environment. it's connected (signal path grounded) with Eartha Atlantis RCA's to unused RCA outlets on my dart preamp (which includes my 2 phono stages), and connected (with 2 attached in the middle together Eartha Apollo RCA's) via chassis ground and the grounding box for my Tara Labs Grandmaster Evolution interconnects on my Lampi Golden Gate.

I've ordered an Entreq Poseidon and a pair of Earth Atlantis spade to spade cables to connect to the negative speaker terminal on my Dart mono amps (with 2 of the three sections of the Poseidon), and a pair of Eartha Challengers spade to spade cables to connect to the chassis of the amps in the bass towers of my Evolution Acoustics MM7's. those will be attached to the middle box of the Poseidon. since there are 2 sub amps in each bass tower I will jump the chassis ground from the top sub amp to the bottom sub amp. i'll likely use a Tara Labs grounding cable for that jumper.

grounding the sub amps is a 'flyer' and I have no expectations one way or the other. I just figured that the middle box of the Poseidon would be sitting there unused and it's possible that grounding the sub amps could pay dividends. bass performance is always so critical and the bass performance of the MM7's 'system' is superb already and small/tiny improvements will be easily heard. and the sub amps frequency range (3hz to 40hz) is very limited so the modestly priced Challenger was the way to go; i'll have -2- 4 meter lengths.

added note; tight speaker cable connections are very critical. my Evolution Acoustics TRSC speaker cables are very heavy and put stress on the speaker cable terminal. the dart mono blocks use the Cardas Speaker cable terminals (picture) that clamp both sides together and so I will add a spacer on the positive side so I still get even pressure with the Entreq spade on the negative side.

cardas speaker terminal.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in a barn, which is a separate building in the middle of 5 acres 75 feet from my house, in the mountains many miles away from urban activity, and have a 'dirty' power grid in my room/barn for HVAC and lights, and ancillary uses, and then a clean dedicated power grid with an Equi=tech 10WQ wall panel system with it's own ground rod for that panel which powers my system only.

my Entreq Silver Tellus works just fine. it's connected (signal path grounded) with Eartha Atlantis RCA's to unused RCA outlets on my dart preamp (which includes my 2 phono stages), and connected (with 2 attached in the middle together Eartha Apollo RCA's) via chassis ground and the grounding box for my Tara Labs Grandmaster Evolution interconnects on my Lampi Golden Gate.

I've ordered an Entreq Poseidon and a pair of Earth Atlantis spade to spade cables to connect to the negative speaker terminal on my Dart mono amps (with 2 of the three sections of the Poseidon), and a pair of Eartha Challengers spade to spade cables to connect to the chassis of the amps in the bass towers of my Evolution Acoustics MM7's. those will be attached to the middle box of the Poseidon. since there are 2 sub amps in each bass tower I will jump the chassis ground from the top sub amp to the bottom sub amp. i'll likely use a Tara Labs grounding cable for that jumper.

grounding the sub amps is a 'flyer' and I have no expectations one way or the other. I just figured that the middle box of the Poseidon would be sitting there unused and it's possible that grounding the sub amps could pay dividends. bass performance is always so critical and the bass performance of the MM7's 'system' is superb already and small/tiny improvements will be easily heard. and the sub amps frequency range (3hz to 40hz) is very limited so the modestly priced Challenger was the way to go; i'll have -2- 4 meter lengths.

added note; tight speaker cable connections are very critical. my Evolution Acoustics TRSC speaker cables are very heavy and put stress on the speaker cable terminal. the dart mono blocks use the Cardas Speaker cable terminals (picture) that clamp both sides together and so I will add a spacer on the positive side so I still get even pressure with the Entreq spade on the negative side.

View attachment 24182

Mike, I am very grateful for your "added note" here. I plan to go the same way as you with the Poseidons ( will need two of them, alas, with my three way Emperors - 6 monoblocks ) and was wondering how to do it, not very much liking the idea of putting spade on spade on the left channel outputs of my amps. I also want to ascertain first that these outputs are wired to chassis ground and if not, tread carefully. My previous experience with attaching all 7 chassis of my Lamm pre with phono to an Olympos Tellus (2 to rca and the rest to chassis after having made sure, that the rca were parallel to ground ) and to have my rig distort terribly have taught me a lesson.

Mike, you might like the Furutech torque guard binding posts, very cool design...

On the grounding, the ground rod makes no difference at all. This is something people still don't quite get apparently... it's for safety.. lightning strikes, not serving as a "sink" for all the bad things in your ground. Boats, planes and cars all have perfectly fine audio systems in them without needing a ground rod, thankfully. The point of grounding is to form a voltage reference that is at the same potential everywhere, but this is basically impossible as small voltages are induced and currents flow throughout your ground system. There's no way to avoid it. It can be compensated for by decreasing the resistance between components and filtering noise, which these boxes do using piezoelectric material like quartz, which is the basis for a clock or crystal oscillator.

On the grounding, the ground rod makes no difference at all. This is something people still don't quite get apparently... it's for safety.. lightning strikes, not serving as a "sink" for all the bad things in your ground. Boats, planes and cars all have perfectly fine audio systems in them without needing a ground rod, thankfully. The point of grounding is to form a voltage reference that is at the same potential everywhere, but this is basically impossible as small voltages are induced and currents flow throughout your ground system. There's no way to avoid it. It can be compensated for by decreasing the resistance between components and filtering noise, which these boxes do using piezoelectric material like quartz, which is the basis for a clock or crystal oscillator.
Sometimes 'DaveC' and I have opposite viewpoints and sometimes we share a viewpoint, this is a case where we share a viewpoint!
Ground rods have nothing to do with AC power quality. They are there for safety during unusual events, like thunderstorms.
Neither Mother Earth nor any other ground point, acts as a sump or sink for bad electricity. 'ground' is never the final destination, it is used has a common reference point to tie things together.

well goats cheese is a good dampener but natoriously more ish so i fear it would prove too tempting after a few glasses of chanti..( nice too with fresh finely sliced liver but its got to be fresh and young else its a bit of a turn off).

any self respecting audiophile would of already move thier house brick by brick to this mine of yours or at the very least built a dedicated room there. the fact that you have not means you clearly dont belong on a hifi oriantated forum. you have no idea about real music and are a total disgrace bring shame to all us real audiophiles. this thread in piticular is for serious hifi owners only, one thing your clearly not.

now if you can stop wasting my time pls i have pringles to eat.

oh and as for spiritofmusic question its obviouly salt and vinegar that would be the best for technical reasons already outlined by dave.

:mad:

Sir, with all due respect, my first humble opinion was, that you may choke on your pringles, but I was forced to reconsider, because your idea of virgin liver with old goat's cheese spread all over it, did somewhat soothe this savage breast. So I now, again humbly of course, wish you to be put in chains and be seated in front of a B++e System, with a 1980 CD player set to rep attached to it, playing "Der Ring Des Nibelungen" conserved backwards and recorded multi miked by DGG, until you reconsider and withraw your terrible curse to ostracise me from this sweet busom of all audiophile wisdom for ever.

Let me add:
The primary function of the Safety Ground/Protective Earth is to trip a circuit breaker is case of a short (fault). So it needs a very low resistance path back to the Neutral in the main circuit breaker box. The SG/PE will function correctly whether the ground rod is connected or not. Of course the ground rod should be connected for other safety reasons.

given all cdp sound the same and its just 1s n 0s i dont mind that part.. standard rate would apply(like last time) the rest of your fantasy.. choking and bondadge etc would be considerd under my alpha rate. expensive yes but still very good value when compared to your sweedish obsession...

Ok, since its all simple math to you and I can't beat you, I think I'll join you having your rate in mind and speaking of the obsession you mention, would you mind if I bring POF, the magic northern dragon along?

for what you spend on POF i would think its he that should be entertaing you alpha style but i guess thats not how it works with that dragon. will need extra time if you bring POF due to his love of elaborate fantasy.

oh dont dispare you can beat me.. i have a look a like but thats alpha +.
I see your point, so I'll stop beating around the bush and listen to some music. Grieg perhaps or Sibelius 4th and see if the dragon purrs. Not sure if they ever do though. Sometimes I think they do, sometimes I cannot hear anything. I sppose also the ears are mood dependent, like all the rest of us.
Better to run all the signals to ground in cases like that and go to bed.

Posytscriptum 24 hours later: Ears and mood have cleared up and the Swedish dragon not only purs, it sings. Bad mood, cigareets and wild- wild women clog the ears.

Last edited:
( Pace Paolo :)) .
;) yes for sure.
I'm glad that your ears have started to listen tasteful!! May be due to the Entreq's power.:)
BTW, I agree with Barry, and, as stated before, I confirm which Poseidon needs more time to settle.
Maybe this is due to the new mixed materials which cause some incrementing effects of charge imbalance of static electricity.

Last edited:
Grazie Paolo and thanks for the advice. By the way, I have ALWAYS listened tastefully, except of course for songs like "osteria numero uno etc"... :D

Interesting points about Poseidon and settling in.
About a week ago and therefore about three weeks since installation my system started to sound even better and has continued to do so. There have not been any other changes to the system in this period so at the moment I can only conclude it is down to the Poseidon.
I will be interested to hear if anybody else has the same experience but it has definitely been audible in mine. Not complaining,of course,. but still puzzling and completely unexpected.

Sorry Paolo, could not find your message. Please try again. Thanks.:)

the Poseidon has landed, along with a pair of 1.65m Eartha Atlantis spade to spade cables per this post last weekend. the pair of 4 meter Eartha Challenger cables to attach to my EA MM7 bass tower amps are being made and are still likely a month away.

I hooked it up to the negative side of my darTZeel 458 mono block speaker terminals last night; using a small washer on the positive side of the Cardas terminal to give me even pressure with the additional spade from the Atlantis cable on the negative side. my dealer has ordered a pair of matching silver spades to use so long term both sides will have identical pressure. but for now the washer works fine. the pad of the Cardas terminal is non conducting and does come off so the washer fits over the positive hub snugged to the pad side so as not to affect connection. things are nice and solid.

hooked it up by 8pm last night and listened until midnight. first blush was greater image density and greater authority. a little more energy. but over 4 hours it gathered itself bit by bit to more dynamic contrasts and overall greater ease and increased textures.

this morning there was just more of those same attributes. orchestral pieces are more 'of a piece' and coherent. just more flow.

it's early, and I like what I'm hearing. I have not sensed any trade-offs. what can one do to make dart 458 mono's sound better?

so far the Poseidon just sits on my hardwood over concrete floor directly. but once I have a baseline I plan to use Wave Kinetics A10 U8 decoupling footers and see what that does. in the bottom picture below you can see the Silver Tellus in the upper corner near my sources.

Poseidon 2.jpgPoseidon 3.jpgPoseidon 4.jpg

Nice work Mike.
I had slightly mixed results doing the amp -ve spkr terminal grounding a few months back, but w/my system continuing to give (primarily w/Rhodium all-US plugged Sablon Reserva PCs, and Furutech all-US sockets on my balanced power transformer), I'll try again, but now as you w/the Poseidon.
Deliberating on the Olympus Tellus for the rest of the system.

the Poseidon has landed, along with a pair of 1.65m Eartha Atlantis spade to spade cables per this post last weekend. the pair of 4 meter Eartha Challenger cables to attach to my EA MM7 bass tower amps are being made and are still likely a month away.

I hooked it up to the negative side of my darTZeel 458 mono block speaker terminals last night; using a small washer on the positive side of the Cardas terminal to give me even pressure with the additional spade from the Atlantis cable on the negative side. my dealer has ordered a pair of matching silver spades to use so long term both sides will have identical pressure. but for now the washer works fine. the pad of the Cardas terminal is non conducting and does come off so the washer fits over the positive hub snugged to the pad side so as not to affect connection. things are nice and solid.

hooked it up by 8pm last night and listened until midnight. first blush was greater image density and greater authority. a little more energy. but over 4 hours it gathered itself bit by bit to more dynamic contrasts and overall greater ease and increased textures.

this morning there was just more of those same attributes. orchestral pieces are more 'of a piece' and coherent. just more flow.

it's early, and I like what I'm hearing. I have not sensed any trade-offs. what can one do to make dart 458 mono's sound better?

so far the Poseidon just sits on my hardwood over concrete floor directly. but once I have a baseline I plan to use Wave Kinetics A10 U8 decoupling footers and see what that does. in the bottom picture below you can see the Silver Tellus in the upper corner near my sources.

View attachment 24283View attachment 24284View attachment 24285
Your news is reassuring. Mine should land in the next few days. Wished my listening space were as orderly as yours........
Detlof

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing