Entreq Tellus grounding

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Jazz head, I read your comment on Poseidon and the recommend Mike to add 3 Silver Minimus to Poseidon. That's really push Poseidon to another level.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
eds60 .... Now I've seen it all !!! That's plain crazy , wow . Please explain .... You guys are using two or three Silver Tellus/ Atkantis combos , in which the equipment is connected to one Tellus and the other posts of the adjoining box has been jumped in series . Is my understanding correct ...

3 people in Vancouver connect 2 Silver Tellus together before. I am not sure how the person in USA connect his 2 Silver Tellus and Atlantic Tellus, I don't know him.

Let's call the post# 1,2,3 and 4, from left to right.
Each box, post 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 1 to 4. Total of 4 jumpers each box. 8 jumpers for 2 boxes.

Connect both Silver Tellus, Post 1 of box 1 to post 1 of box 2, Post 2 of box 1 to post 2 of box 2, do the same to post 3 and 4. There is another 4 jumpers here.

Total 12 jumpers have been used.

They connected all equipments and Synergistic Research Tranquility Base to both Silver Tellus. They have used 2 Silver Tellus like this for 2 years. After connecting a ground cable from Silver Tellus to wall receptacle. One person removed all the jumpers, he felt there are interference with the jumpers. The other two person still prefer with the jumpers.

I think connecting 2 Silver Tellus together is not good when both analog and digital equipments are connect to Silver Tellus.

I bought Silver Tellus 2 months ago. I begin with 1 jumper and got up to 4 jumpers. One day, I suddenly realize it need 6 jumpers in order to connect all the posts together. With 6 jumpers, any of the post is connect to the other 3 posts. I added jumper on post 1 to 3 and post 2 to 4. If I have 2 Silver Tellus, I will use the same 12 jumpers, 6 jumpers on each Silver Tellus. Digital equipments to one of the Silver Tellus and analog equipments to another Silver Tellus.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
3 people in Vancouver connect 2 Silver Tellus together before. I am not sure how the person in USA connect his 2 Silver Tellus and Atlantic Tellus, I don't know him.

Each box, post 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4, 1 to 4. Total of 4 jumpers each box. 8 jumpers for 2 boxes.

Connect both Silver Tellus, Post 1 of box 1 to post 1 of box 2, Post 2 of box 1 to post 2 of box 2, do the same to post 3 and 4. There is another 4 jumpers here.

They connected all equipments and Synergistic Research Tranquility Base to both Silver Tellus. They have used 2 Silver Tellus like this for 2 years. After connecting a ground cable from Silver Tellus to wall receptacle. One person removed all the jumpers, he felt there are interference with the jumpers. The other two person still prefer with the jumpers.

I think connecting 2 Silver Tellus together is not good when both analog and digital equipments are connect to Silver Tellus.

I bought Silver Tellus 2 months ago. I begin with 1 jumper and got up to 4 jumpers. One day, I suddenly realize it need 6 jumpers in order to connect all the posts together. With 6 jumpers, any of the post is connect to the other 3 posts. I added jumper on post 1 to 3 and post 2 to 4. If I have 2 Silver Tellus, I will use the same 12 jumpers, 6 jumpers on each Silver Tellus. Digital equipments to one of the Silver Tellus and analog equipments to another Silver Tellus.

the mind boggles.:D:D:D

it is going to take me a few days to absorb all this. my hearty congrats to our esteemed fellow Entreq explorers in British Columbia, they have set the bar very high for effort!!!!

I guess I have some work to do.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
The way I connected the ground boxes is different to anyone. I don't think anyone will do the same connection as me.

From 2 different wall receptacle, 2 ground cables(Odin and Valhalla) connect to the Sound Mechanics DC1 box. From DC1 box to PX2000 platform(which has grounding function) using four pieces of V2. No connectors can accept 4 pieces of V2, I have to used spades and bananas to connected them together. 2 Valhalla ground cable with power plugs to my power conditioner Exact Power EP15A(one to digital and one to analog outlet). Mundorf 1.5mm wire(I will change this one in the future) from PX2000 to Silver Tellus. V2 from PX2000 to one of the compartment of Poseidon. DAC to PX2000 connect with Mundorf(need to change soon).

I plan to used the other compartments of Poseidon to power amp speaker output negative terminal. I am waiting for the spades to arrive before I can do the connection.

I connected Preamp to Silver Tellus using a short piece of V2 as seen in the picture. 4 strands to right channel and 3 strands to left channel.

2017-10-18 09.59.34.jpg

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
2017-10-18 10.27.07.jpg

The picture is from a Hong Kong hifi forum. The owner of this 2 Tripoint said he used 1 jumper cable to connect 2 Tripoint together. There are too many cables at the back, I can't tell which is the jumper cable. He said using jumper to connect 2 Tripoint together, it is like a veil has been removed.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012

I had to sit down after reading that , and I thought I was on mission . So by jumping the posts , you feel that the entire grounding compound within is better utilized ? I can try jumping my two Olympus Teluus units and see if there is an improvement . As you mention physically an Entreq post can at the most accept 3 lugs . That means you are only able to ground one component , at most to one post . Remember that the Olympus Tellus has solid silver binding posts , not the hollow copper posts that accept banana plugs on the Silver Tellus

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
yes, Jazzhead is a very bad influence.:rolleyes:

but he was right on with his recommendations.

Spreading tentacles you too Mike .:cool:
Have been thinking of grounding the negative post of my speaker with an Olympus Minimus plus A Minimus . Reading your recommendations on passive speaker chassis grounding , pushes me closer to taking the step.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Spreading tentacles you too Mike .:cool:
Have been thinking of grounding the negative post of my speaker with an Olympus Minimus plus A Minimus . Reading your recommendations on passive speaker chassis grounding , pushes me closer to taking the step.

I think maybe Edmund and the Vancouver Entreq Cartel are a storm cloud moving in to stir us up. I better fasten my seat belt and enjoy the ride....and keep my mind open.

and then there are the new Entreq Infinity cables you mentioned yesterday to consider too.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
2017-10-17 22.24.40.jpg

First person who connect the posts of Olympus Tellus. 2 jumpers to connect the 3 left posts and 2 jumpers to connect the 3 right posts. Before Olympus Tellus, he used 2 Silver Tellus with 12 jumpers. When he upgrade to Olympus Tellus, he think the difference is not worth the extra money. He connected the jumpers and think that is a big jump in performance.

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
2017-10-17 22.23.11.jpg

Second person to connect the posts of Olympus Tellus. He used 5 jumpers to connect all 6 posts. Before he has a Silver Tellus with 4 jumpers and an Atlantis Tellus. He said adding the Atlantis Tellus is useless and sold it. From one Silver Tellus to Olympus Tellus is a big upgrade.

The third person who own Olympus Tellus, he did not use any jumpers to connect the posts. He began with 2 Silver Tellus with 12 jumpers connecting 2 Silver Tellus. Remove all the jumpers on the Silver Tellus. He prefer without any jumpers.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
I have grounded my router to the Silver minimum with significant results in a quite background noise. Has anyone else had similar results?

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Yes, the router is a worthwhile application though you can achieve a similar result with a shorting plug like AR or following the X-terminator recipe on which it is based

1kitch

Apr 22, 2014
Inside the Silver Tellus is one big box, no seperation inside. Why bother to use jumpers to connect the posts?

My thinking is, when connect a piece of equipment to one of the post. Only the mineral around that post is working to absorb the "noise". Connect all 4 posts? the minerial around the 4 posts working together.

Eds60...The jumper concept is very intriguing. I have used my Tripoint Troy to attach to an unused post on my Silver Tellus to slightly improved benefit, but that thinking was along the lines of draining any charge away from the mineral content in a closed loop box/ground system. I will need to explore further based on your jumper insight. It also appears that in some of your pictures the stock Entreq cap was drilled in the center to accommodate a banana plug simultaneously in the ground post...is that correct or am I misinterpreting the photos. Also, can you advise as to the wingnut size required for the Entreq ground posts...I obviously have more work to do...

eds60

Oct 17, 2017
Hi 1kitch?Silver Tellus can accept banana plugs. No drilling of the wood cap has been done.

I bought the Silver Tellus used. It comes with the wood cap and wingnuts. I think the wingnut is M8, but I am not 100% sure.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Entreq Infinity - my Xmas has come early.
Took delivery and installed today Entreq Apollo Infinity speaker cables and matching jumpers for my biwire YG Acoustic Kipod Signature passive speakers, Entreq Atlantis Infinity dual AES cables for DCS Scarlatti transport, Scarlatti clock and newly acquired factory refurbished Paganini DAC, and Apollo Infinity 3.5 earth cables hooked to Olympus 10 and K2.
Will post some photos and a report hopefully later today but eating now no 1 priority!

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Entreq Infinity - my Xmas has come early.
Took delivery and installed today Entreq Apollo Infinity speaker cables and matching jumpers for my biwire YG Acoustic Kipod Signature passive speakers, Entreq Atlantis Infinity dual AES cables for DCS Scarlatti transport, Scarlatti clock and newly acquired factory refurbished Paganini DAC, and Apollo Infinity 3.5 earth cables hooked to Olympus 10 and K2.
Will post some photos and a report hopefully later today but eating now no 1 priority!

+1.

I have 8 Infinity series cables incoming.....a week or two away.

and btw; eating is overrated.;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing