Entreq Tellus grounding

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
There are three models of the Magma footer, the Magma Slim, the Magma T Slim and Magma T.

According to their web site, the Magma T works on the magnetic field surrounding a component other than vibration control. You can read the lines on what the other two models can do.

As I have always said, a set of good footers under the Entreq ground box will put its performance to another level. That's why I always get the larger multi-compartments ground box to minimize the number of footers I need to buy. So I have a set of four Magma T under the Hero and that is it.

Yes, they did provide a very positive improvement over the Finite Elemente Cerabase Classic that I have been using with the Hero for a couple of months. More lively sounds and more musical. The base is a tag less but is more refine.

My end game footers that I used almost every where are the Center Stage 2M 1.0 from Critical Mass Systems. Too bad I did not have a spare set of these to compare directly with the Magma T under the Hero. I have confident that the Magma T will beat out a lot of other footers on the market but may still shy of the Critical Mass Systems footers that I used elsewhere.

As I have other tweaks that tackled on the EMI/RFI issues, the feature of the Magma T that worked on the magnetic field may not be a huge benefit to me but will be for others. The cost of the Magma T is very pricy though.
What are the other tweaks you use to tackle the EMI/RFI?

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
There are three models of the Magma footer, the Magma Slim, the Magma T Slim and Magma T.

According to their web site, the Magma T works on the magnetic field surrounding a component other than vibration control. You can read the lines on what the other two models can do.

As I have always said, a set of good footers under the Entreq ground box will put its performance to another level. That's why I always get the larger multi-compartments ground box to minimize the number of footers I need to buy. So I have a set of four Magma T under the Hero and that is it.

Yes, they did provide a very positive improvement over the Finite Elemente Cerabase Classic that I have been using with the Hero for a couple of months. More lively sounds and more musical. The base is a tag less but is more refine.

My end game footers that I used almost every where are the Center Stage 2M 1.0 from Critical Mass Systems. Too bad I did not have a spare set of these to compare directly with the Magma T under the Hero. I have confident that the Magma T will beat out a lot of other footers on the market but may still shy of the Critical Mass Systems footers that I used elsewhere.

As I have other tweaks that tackled on the EMI/RFI issues, the feature of the Magma T that worked on the magnetic field may not be a huge benefit to me but will be for others. The cost of the Magma T is very pricy though.
I wonder do you attribute the improved sound quality to the magma footer providing Vibration isolation / Absorption, or from the EMI / RFI Absorption?

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
I wonder do you attribute the improved sound quality to the magma footer providing Vibration isolation / Absorption, or from the EMI / RFI Absorption?
It is really hard to say for sure. According to their web site, the construction of the Hero cabinet is based on the technology of their Athena rack for vibration damping. I have also read somewhere else on their web site long time ago that the Athena rack do feature RFI/EMI blocking as well just like what their ReceivUs did.

So the Hero is supposed to be vibration damped and RFI/EMI proofed. But as with grounding, you never have enough to tackle vibration and RFI/EMI.

Reactions: HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Pluton and Olympus infinity cables now installed. Will give some impression in the coming days. Only about 2 hours of listening last night and I did like what I heard so far.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Pluton and Olympus infinity cables now installed. Will give some impression in the coming days. Only about 2 hours of listening last night and I did like what I heard so far.
Great! Congrats...look forward to your listening notes. I will updating as well hopefully in the next several days.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
It is really hard to say for sure. According to their web site, the construction of the Hero cabinet is based on the technology of their Athena rack for vibration damping. I have also read somewhere else on their web site long time ago that the Athena rack do feature RFI/EMI blocking as well just like what their ReceivUs did.

So the Hero is supposed to be vibration damped and RFI/EMI proofed. But as with grounding, you never have enough to tackle vibration and RFI/EMI.
I have the Entreq racks and they are very good.
The shelves have ground points which you can connect to a groundbox for additional earthing

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Have you now some impression to share ?
I have it here, but It's not at all like I expected, I cannot even figure out how to hook up the cables. I'm beginning to think I may have not gotten a genuine Entreq box. I'll keep trying to figure it out. Didn't come with a instruction manual.

Preview Clipping (5?43?44 PM).jpg

Reactions: matakana

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
  • Haha
Reactions: ACHiPo

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Have you now some impression to share ?
So far things sound really good. I am waiting for it to fully settle before making final judgement. My initial feeling is they are 99% if where I want to be, but it' just ever so slightly on the cool side of the fence and I am thinking of what needs to be added or subtracted to get a bit more warmth or richness. Maybe the Magma footers might do the trick without giving anything up. Next I am going to just remove one of the Peak 4s and replace it with an Everest to see how that works out.

I've had some heath issues recently so things are not progressing as fast as I like.

Reactions: Raizen

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
So far things sound really good. I am waiting for it to fully settle before making final judgement. My initial feeling is they are 99% if where I want to be, but it' just ever so slightly on the cool side of the fence and I am thinking of what needs to be added or subtracted to get a bit more warmth or richness. Maybe the Magma footers might do the trick without giving anything up. Next I am going to just remove one of the Peak 4s and replace it with an Everest to see how that works out.

I've had some heath issues recently so things are not progressing as fast as I like.
Thank you for the update.
What interconnect, power and speaker cables do you use?
I use Entreq. Apollo, Apollo Infinity and one Atlantis Infinity power cable to my distribution block.
They give me the balance I like. Not lean or warm ,just like the porridge in Goldilocks and the Three Bears!

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Thank you for the update.
What interconnect, power and speaker cables do you use?
I use Entreq. Apollo, Apollo Infinity and one Atlantis Infinity power cable to my distribution block.
They give me the balance I like. Not lean or warm ,just like the porridge in Goldilocks and the Three Bears!
Using Esprit Lumina and Eterna power cables. Also Esprit Eterna XLR and speaker wire. https://espritcables.com/

I don't believe those cables are of any problem. I have have testing to do though.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Interesting! As for warmth...the original wooden caps may not have the detail of the Peak 4 (which one you've lost is hard to live without)...BUT the wooden caps are very good at dropping the entire presentation one comfortable notch towards richness.

The Everest 'should' be more neutral/clarity-oriented than the richer (but still clearer) Peak 4. There is also the K2 which is the richest of the various options I am told...the only one I have not tried/owned.

Best wishes for good health.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Interesting! As for warmth...the original wooden caps may not have the detail of the Peak 4 (which one you've lost is hard to live without)...BUT the wooden caps are very good at dropping the entire presentation one comfortable notch towards richness.

The Everest 'should' be more neutral/clarity-oriented than the richer (but still clearer) Peak 4. There is also the K2 which is the richest of the various options I am told...the only one I have not tried/owned.

Interesting. Thanks for that. I need more time to experiment and try some different things. For my Integrated amp I am using two signal grounds, one for XLR, and one for RCA to the middle bank on the Pluton. I have both cables terminated with the Peak 4. I will try removing just one Peak 4 from one of the Signal grounds and see how I like that, and then later might try the same with the speaker cable grounds. I did try removing all the peak 4s, and while the presentation was more warm and more richness, once I put the Peak 4 on, I hear more nuance and texture, which is something I find hard to sacrifice. This is why I am interested in the Magma footers, and the possibly of adding a bit more meat on the bones to the presentation, and that might work well with the Peak4.

Raizen

May 23, 2022
Hey guys, thanks for the last posts, wishing good health to iamtimbabb. I am a newbie in Entreq’s world. To start, my dealer lend me a macro kit with an rca connector. I put it into the free rca red output on my Aqua Formula xHd rev.2 DAC (I use XLR to preamp). I was so impressed by the effect of that little box : better presence in vocals with nuance, more richness and gradations in digital music when sound is going left to right, right to left, backward to forward and forward to backward, well done Entreq ! Entry level, so this is why I am here now and considering now upgrades… peak 4, olympus infinity cable, maybe a Pluton… I will discuss upgrades with my dealer tomorrow… if you guys have some clues, welcome !
Btw, I like the Esprit cables, I have Lumina speaker cables.
I have read a lot in this forum and Entreq website but still does not understand what is negative speaker terminal grounding ? Can someone put pictures about how to connect things ?
Wishing you a great day !

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Hey guys, thanks for the last posts, wishing good health to iamtimbabb. I am a newbie in Entreq’s world. To start, my dealer lend me a macro kit with an rca connector. I put it into the free rca red output on my Aqua Formula xHd rev.2 DAC (I use XLR to preamp). I was so impressed by the effect of that little box : better presence in vocals with nuance, more richness and gradations in digital music when sound is going left to right, right to left, backward to forward and forward to backward, well done Entreq ! Entry level, so this is why I am here now and considering now upgrades… peak 4, olympus infinity cable, maybe a Pluton… I will discuss upgrades with my dealer tomorrow… if you guys have some clues, welcome !
I have read a lot in this forum and Entreq website but still does not understand what is negative speaker terminal grounding ? Can someone put pictures about how to connect things ?

The most important thing to know about the negative speaker grounding is you need isolated boxes, or a entreq box that does not share a common. Pluton has three banks, so you an use left and right bank for the grounding, and the middle bank for signal ground for your amp.

Basically you just get a H / H (Hook / Hook ) type of Entreq cable and connect one end to the left and right negative speaker terminal at the amp side, and the other end to the terminal on the Entreq.

Just make sure you are using separate cells for each channel. ie. the Tellus is just one large cell with multiple terminals, you cannot use that for negative speaker grounding

Preview Clipping (9?30?04 PM).jpg

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Since the Pluton has separate cells, it can be used for negative speaker terminal grounding. This is how I am using mine.

Preview Clipping (9?33?48 PM).jpg

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

Just curious, but where do you suggest trying the wooden caps in place of the Peak 4? RCA or XLR Signal, DAC digital, or Speaker cable side?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing