Entreq Tellus grounding

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Thanks. I did send an email to Peter but never got a reply. I'll give it another week, then I will contact my CC company.

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
So I finally received the Russ Andrews unit. It was held up in customs for a week.
Today, I have connected it to my chassis ground's and also tried connecting it to my Entreq units. I can honestly say at least at this short time with it (a few hours) it does nothing.

ozzy

Last edited:
Reactions: Hmart

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
So I finally received the Russ Andrews unit. It was held up in customs for a week.
Today, I have connected it to my chassis ground's and also tried connecting it to my Entreq units. I can honestly say at least at this short time with it (a few hours) it does nothing.

ozzy
Good to know.
Thank you.
Let us know if it changes though I am not holding my breath!

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Well I'm beginning to like the Russ Andrews unit connected up to my Entreq. I also have a lead going into my Niagara 7000 AC ground.
There does now seem to be a deeper and wider soundstage.

It's funny, first it did nothing then there seemed to be too much sharpness, especially in the upper midrange/treble region. But it does seem to be settling in more and relaxing the sound. More experimenting to come...

ozzy

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC

ozzy
How did you connect it to your Entreq units?

Did you try it for signal grounding?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
This is what I posted on Audiogon.

I have my Entreq Silver Tellus connected to the (source) RCA’s to my Lumin X1 and JL CR-1 Crossover. No preamp is used.

The Entreq then is also connected to my very large DIY ground box (pictures on my systems page) which also connects my subs and amps via banana’s

The Russ Andrews unit is connected to my:
  1. Niagara 7000 to a DIY AC plug (with just the ground connected).
  2. Connected to my Entreq via Banana
  3. Connected to my Lumin X1 chassis ground terminal on the separate power supply.
My speakers are connected to a couple of my DIY ground box(s) for speakers.

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Yeah I just read the article.

Question:
Has anyone tried daisy chaining a couple of Entreq boxes together? My experience with my Silver Tellus and my DIY box tells me it works good. Increases the benefit.

ozzy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes, we have. We have 2 Entreq Plutons...each running independently so that each connection has it own dedicated grounding module. HOWEVER, we also have a single Olympus Infinity T module which is connected to the 2 Entreq Pluton binding posts which lead to each of the amplifier monos.

Like what I think you are suggesting, we found it is a supercharge effect and gives you more of everything. We like it and have left it for now as we get to know the Entreq.

Separately, we have also been playing around a little around the edges with a few things (grounding cables, etc)...and once fully and finally settled...then will weigh in with any final thoughts.

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah I just read the article.

Question:
Has anyone tried daisy chaining a couple of Entreq boxes together? My experience with my Silver Tellus and my DIY box tells me it works good. Increases the benefit.

ozzy
Entreq has offered two models, Atlantis Minimus and Atlantis Tellus, since day one to supercharge any ground box model, nothing new. I am still using one Atlantis Minimus myself. They may have been discontinued after the born of those T ground boxes.

dts-99

Nov 15, 2018
This is the exact same article from Enjoy The Music you posted earlier this month with the exception that the North America distributor has instructed the reviewer to fixed up the ground box model name and retail price.

I believe the reviewer is a total newbie to the Entreq name and he didn't even know what that "T" stands for, so he only referred the demo unit as Olympus Infinity everywhere in the article, rather than Olympus Infinity T.

The reviewer went on to say that the demo unit and the demo ground cable cost more than any individual component in his system. So I guess the cabling he was using will be much less than these amount. I really doubt he has realized the full potential of what the Entreq products can do.

I am sure LL21 and gkg2k did a much better review than him.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
This is what I posted on Audiogon.

I have my Entreq Silver Tellus connected to the (source) RCA’s to my Lumin X1 and JL CR-1 Crossover. No preamp is used.

The Entreq then is also connected to my very large DIY ground box (pictures on my systems page) which also connects my subs and amps via banana’s

The Russ Andrews unit is connected to my:
  1. Niagara 7000 to a DIY AC plug (with just the ground connected).
  2. Connected to my Entreq via Banana
  3. Connected to my Lumin X1 chassis ground terminal on the separate power supply.
My speakers are connected to a couple of my DIY ground box(s) for speakers.

ozzy
When you say the Russ Andrews unit is connected to your Entreq via banana does that mean from the connector that was designed to link the Russ Andrews "Router" to the copper rod (i.e., you are using the Entreq as the end point instead)?

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
The Russ Andrews unit I am using plugs into the wall outlet not to an outside ground rod. I thought connecting it to my Entreq was a good thing, at least initially. Today, I have disconnected that connection and only have the Russ Andrews unit connected to my Lumin X1 ground terminal and into my AudioQuest Niagara 7000 AC (ground only).

ozzy

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
The Russ Andrews unit I am using plugs into the wall outlet not to an outside ground rod. I thought connecting it to my Entreq was a good thing, at least initially. Today, I have disconnected that connection and only have the Russ Andrews unit connected to my Lumin X1 ground terminal and into my AudioQuest Niagara 7000 AC (ground only).

ozzy
Then it is the equivalent of the Puritan Groundmaster City devices which I have shared my experiences with, and cannot be used with your Entreq units. As I've described, I have two units - one for chassis grounding of power conditioner and power supply, and a 2nd for signal grounding of integrated amp and sacd player. As I reported, signal grounding via unused rca inlets resulted in a significant improvement - much more than the chassis grounding.

Note that the Russ Andrews unit should not be plugged into your power conditioner. It will work best if plugged into a different wall socket from the one your power conditioner is plugged into.

What would be interesting to know is how the Russ Andrews unit compares head to head with your Entreq, connected to the same components. Again, based on my experience with the Groundmaster City, I would expect better results from signal grounding via unused rca (or other) connector on your preamp and digital source, than from chassis grounding on any component.

Last edited:

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
"Note that the Russ Andrews unit should not be plugged into your power conditioner. It will work best if plugged into a different wall socket from the one your power conditioner is plugged into."

Why do you think that is true?

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
Oh perhaps you are thinking I am plugging the Russ Andrews unit into my power conditioner?
No, I am plugging the Russ Andres unit straight into the wall outlet and then with an banana to AC adapter I am then plugging the Russ Andrews unit output into one of the AC sockets (ground only) on the power conditioner.

ozzy

ozzzy

Feb 21, 2019
I have now decided that the Russ Andrews ground into the Niagara 7000 was not necessary. It actually sounds better without it.
So at this point, I am using the Russ Andrews unit to the chassis of my Lumin X1 power supply and my JL Audio CR-1. Still undecided on its usefulness.

Signal grounds (RCA) are plugged into my Entreq/DIY grounding boxes/

ozzy

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I have now decided that the Russ Andrews ground into the Niagara 7000 was not necessary. It actually sounds better without it.
So at this point, I am using the Russ Andrews unit to the chassis of my Lumin X1 power supply and my JL Audio CR-1. Still undecided on its usefulness.

Signal grounds (RCA) are plugged into my Entreq/DIY grounding boxes/

ozzy
thanks ozzy.
Please keep us posted

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Still waiting for the Pluton and Olympus cables to arrive, stuck in customs. For Pluton placement I only have two options, one, on my rack shelf, but I would have to remove a shelf to have room for it which I don't want to do, or beside the rack on the floor, but because of limited space the Pluton would have to lay on its side. Any reasons I cannot use the Pluton laying on its side?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing