Entreq Tellus grounding

In case you do not know, there is a new ground cable, Triton, in between the Infinity Apollo and Infinity Olympus. It is a big step up above the Infinity Apollo and is cheaper than the now discounted Infinity Atlantis. So I assume it performs better than the Infinity Atlantis at a lower price.

Also, all newly manufactured ground cables come in interchangeable connectors at the components end but you can still order cables with a dedicated connector. There is good or bad for this and it is your choice.

Reactions: Raizen and HK Panda
Still curious about those of you who own the new Peak 4 what do you think of them?

ozzy

Reactions: gkg2k
Still curious about those of you who own the new Peak 4 what do you think of them?

ozzy
Of the 16 places where we can use Peak 4s our experience:
- Peak 4s universally outperformed Everests every time
- Peak 4s universally outperformed Standard Wood on all Receivus, on all binding posts which were directly connected to a component, but on the adjacent binding post (which are NOT connected to anything), we preferred wood, finding the addition of the Peak 4 to lighten the weight of impact...in contrast to where there WERE connections to the binding post, in which case Peak 4 increased electrostatic quality combined with increased tonal density.

Thus, we use 11 Peak 4s and kept 5 binding posts not connected to anything as the original standard wooden binding post.

Making some initial plans for my next purchase (Pluton). What I am trying to determine is what to do with the 2nd binding post? In the photo below is the Hero, and what appears to be the EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY connected to one of the binding posts with a Peak 4. The binding post below it also with a Peak 4, but no cable? Is there a cable we cannot see, or is there a jumper post between the two posts?

97045649-9QGVW.jpg
These are my ideas for use of the Pluton. Better to use both terminals and go with double runs of the Apollo Infinity, or just go with a Eartha Olympus and leave the 2nd binding post unused? Obviously I an add more peak 4s improve the setup.

PLUTON IDEA #1

A - EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY H/H - DALI L SPEAKER
B - EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY H/H - DALI L SPEAKER

C - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/RCA (+PEAK 4) - DUSSUN
D - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/XLR (+PEAK 4) - DUSSUN

E - EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY H/H - DALI R SPEAKER
F - EARTHA APOLLO INFINITY H/H - DALI R SPEAKER

PLUTON IDEA #2

A - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/H - DALI L SPEAKER
B - UNUSED

C - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/RCA (+PEAK 4) - DUSSUN
D - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/XLR (+PEAK 4) - DUSSUN

E - EARTHA OLYMPUS INFINITY H/H - DALI R SPEAKER
F - UNUSED

Imho, it makes sense. The special ENTREQ screws expand the draining potential of the groundbox, so a binding post with just a Peak4 (or Everest or K2) and no cable should have an effect. I'll test on my Olympus Infinity Tungsten!

Reactions: HK Panda
Imho (again) I wouldn't put any jumpers to connect two ENTREQ binding posts although I saw many did (in the past?). The dual posts "branch out" internally amidst the dissipating minerals, properly. I wouldn't interconnect them externally.

Please tell me if I'm wrong ??

Fantastic news, iamtimbabb! Very exciting. I cannot comment on connecting to speakers...as long as you are following the strict guidelines about that, I have heard that is a universally great thing to do...not heard of anyone not liking it.

As for binding posts, I DID experiment with the 2nd binding posts:

1. Removing the stock standard wood binding post and replacing with Everest or Peak 4
- Interestingly, of all the connections, I preferred Peak 4 over Everest in EVERY CASE
- HOWEVER, I preferred the original wooden binding post over the Peak 4 in EVERY CASE, EXCEPT ONE: Subwoofer RCA Signal Ground
- WHY - mainly because the Peak 4 continues to hone the signal in a fantastic way, and as a primary binding post just made great strides...but attached to the 2nd, it seemed to 'ever-so-slightly' lighten the upper bass weight even as it created more dimensionality
- The net result was further insight/detail but the instrument 'corporeal body' started to lighten where it did not have that startling in-the-room realism
- So we basically stopped it, called it a day and have sat back to enjoy ever since

2. Connecting two different modules (ie, eartha Olympus from the 'primary' binding post of 1 Tungsten module to the 'primary' binding post of a 2nd Tungsten module.
- Worked well...more of everything
- This was for the mono amps
- What we did was take a standalone Olympus Infinity Tungsten - which as you know is ONE modules with TWO binding posts - and connect it to 2 modules of the Pluton (where the 2 Pluton modules were driving 1 Monoblock amp each)
- Of course, this was not really your question (ie, what to do with the unconnected 2nd binding post)...but given that you are experimenting, thought I would share this with you

In case you do not know, there is a new ground cable, Triton, in between the Infinity Apollo and Infinity Olympus. It is a big step up above the Infinity Apollo and is cheaper than the now discounted Infinity Atlantis. So I assume it performs better than the Infinity Atlantis at a lower price.

Also, all newly manufactured ground cables come in interchangeable connectors at the components end but you can still order cables with a dedicated connector. There is good or bad for this and it is your choice.
unfortunately the Triton is not yet available from my distributor.

Fantastic news, iamtimbabb! Very exciting. I cannot comment on connecting to speakers...as long as you are following the strict guidelines about that, I have heard that is a universally great thing to do...not heard of anyone not liking it.

As for binding posts, I DID experiment with the 2nd binding posts:

1. Removing the stock standard wood binding post and replacing with Everest or Peak 4
- Interestingly, of all the connections, I preferred Peak 4 over Everest in EVERY CASE
- HOWEVER, I preferred the original wooden binding post over the Peak 4 in EVERY CASE, EXCEPT ONE: Subwoofer RCA Signal Ground
- WHY - mainly because the Peak 4 continues to hone the signal in a fantastic way, and as a primary binding post just made great strides...but attached to the 2nd, it seemed to 'ever-so-slightly' lighten the upper bass weight even as it created more dimensionality
- The net result was further insight/detail but the instrument 'corporeal body' started to lighten where it did not have that startling in-the-room realism
- So we basically stopped it, called it a day and have sat back to enjoy ever since

2. Connecting two different modules (ie, eartha Olympus from the 'primary' binding post of 1 Tungsten module to the 'primary' binding post of a 2nd Tungsten module.
- Worked well...more of everything
- This was for the mono amps
- What we did was take a standalone Olympus Infinity Tungsten - which as you know is ONE modules with TWO binding posts - and connect it to 2 modules of the Pluton (where the 2 Pluton modules were driving 1 Monoblock amp each)
- Of course, this was not really your question (ie, what to do with the unconnected 2nd binding post)...but given that you are experimenting, thought I would share this with you
#2 - So you basically daisy chained two OITs modules to make one super OIT. I have been doing that with the Chinese ground boxes for some time. Once my Pluton arrives that will give me some things to try with the second binding post and what I might do with the OIT.

#2 - So you basically daisy chained two OITs modules to make one super OIT. I have been doing that with the Chinese ground boxes for some time. Once my Pluton arrives that will give me some things to try with the second binding post and what I might do with the OIT.
Excellent. We use 2 Plutons so that EVERY connection gets it own separate Tungsten module...but we decided to try 'boosting' the monos with essentially 1.5 modules each. By all accounts not overtaxing the modules is better...for years, we loaded them up and it worked well because the pros outweighed the cons...but if you have the luxury of dedicating a module to a single connection, it is better.

April 2022 Review of Olympus Infinity Tungsten & Eartha groundcable on Enjoythemusic.com.

If you look at the rating scale at the end of this review it is interesting that the reviewed products are rated outstanding (five musical notes) only in attack, decay, and soundstage width, receiving only four musical notes for tonality and across each frequency range. This seems a little at odds with the written accolades. Having followed this site's reviews for many years I generally would not consider further researching or auditioning a component that didn't receive higher ratings in the top four categories, particularly when you consider the price. Don't doubt that Entreq grounding boxes and cables make an improvement but I remain skeptical of their value proposition given the significant improvements I've heard from the much less expensive Puritan Groundmaster City and Russ Andrews devices and cables:

It would be interesting to do a comparison test.

Last edited:
Cellcbern,
I found the final ratings in that review to be quite subdued also.

ozzy

If you look at the rating scale at the end of this review it is interesting that the reviewed products are rated outstanding (five musical notes) only in attack, decay, and soundstage width, receiving only four musical notes for tonality and across each frequency range. This seems a little at odds with the written accolades. Having followed this site's reviews for many years I generally would not consider further researching or auditioning a component that didn't receive higher ratings in the top four categories, particularly when you consider the price. Don't doubt that Entreq grounding boxes and cables make an improvement but I remain skeptical of their value proposition given the significant improvements I've heard from the much less expensive Puritan Groundmaster City and Russ Andrews devices and cables:

I certainly cannot say I have heard everything...only Tripoint and Entreq's multiple generations of sound. What I can say is that Entreq runs the full spectrum of pricing and cost...and having gone for their upper end work, I can only say this:

- our system has always focused on purity of tone, all-out assault effortlessness: Zanden, CJ and Gryphon
- that system went thru a major upgrade to: Zanden, Robert Koda, along with the Wilson XLFs and a complete TA Opus 5 upgrade

And yet the latest addition of the Entreq system continued to advance purity, all-out power and dynamics, as well as purity of instrumental tone of this system substantially. In the same way that the original Tripoint is not leaving the system after 12 years...I doubt seriously the Entreq system will either for many years to come. Like the Zanden, the HRS, SRA and other kinds of equipment that are just perfectly balanced, the Tripoint and Entreq systems just stay and stay and stay...the average holding period of these brands are somewhere breaching 'since we first heard them 12 years ago' with no desire to seek alternatives.

You will no doubt find many many great grounding solutions out there. Enjoy the hunt!

I ordered a Russ Andrews Plug in router. I intend to try it many ways including into my Entreq Silver Tellus.

ozzy

£4000 UK.
$4000 US.
???

$1.45 to £1.00 !!!
I think the Entreq Olympus Infinity Tungsten is around $4000? in the US and it definitely is £4000 in the UK. So despite currency differences as you point out, import tax, etc, etc. seem to have created this disparity in pricing.

I think the Entreq Olympus Infinity Tungsten is around $4000? in the US and it definitely is £4000 in the UK. So despite currency differences as you point out, import tax, etc, etc. seem to have created this disparity in pricing.
Indeed etc, etc ! Then the USA is somewhat 2,500 miles further from Sweden than UK ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing