Entreq Tellus grounding

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Well had a bit of a breakthrough tonight. After switching in/out Peak4s / wood knobs in different locations, and I could hear changes, but it seems I was exchanging detail and nuances, for warmth, and while each has it's positive attributes, I still was not satisfied. I felt something other than the cable terminations must be a factor. Then I realized in moving around all the equipment to make room for the Pluton, I had moved a Panzerholz platform from under the integrated amp, and put that under the Pluton, and I used another non-Panzerholz for under the amp. So tonight I took an extra Panzerholz platform (double stack) I was using under my DAC, and took one of them and put that under the amp, and after that, with the Peak4s in place, I got the detail and nuances and remained musical and warm. The first 10 seconds of the first track I knew it was right. I spent the rest of the night listening to a complete album, track 1 till track 12, which for me is usually an indication that the music sounds right.

Reactions: Raizen

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Well had a bit of a breakthrough tonight. After switching in/out Peak4s / wood knobs in different locations, and I could hear changes, but it seems I was exchanging detail and nuances, for warmth, and while each has it's positive attributes, I still was not satisfied. I felt something other than the cable terminations must be a factor. Then I realized in moving around all the equipment to make room for the Pluton, I had moved a Panzerholz platform from under the integrated amp, and put that under the Pluton, and I used another non-Panzerholz for under the amp. So tonight I took an extra Panzerholz platform (double stack) I was using under my DAC, and took one of them and put that under the amp, and after that, with the Peak4s in place, I got the detail and nuances and remained musical and warm. The first 10 seconds of the first track I knew it was right. I spent the rest of the night listening to a complete album, track 1 till track 12, which for me is usually an indication that the music sounds right.
Congrats! It is remarkable how important and also rewarding really great setup can be when you introduce Entreq Pluton into the system.

Reactions: Raizen and HK Panda

Raizen

May 23, 2022
Glad for you tim and congrats for this achievement.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Congratulations on your breakthrough.
You join a long list of audiophiles who have experienced similar and often frustrating journeys to get the right balance of sound quality in their systems. It is never easy and invariably involves considerable trial and error, but immensely satisfying when you succeed.
I am sure the results will be therapeutic too.

Reactions: Raizen and HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Congrats! It is remarkable how important and also rewarding really great setup can be when you introduce Entreq Pluton into the system.
Yes, I agree. Now that I got that out of the way, I can focus on some additional tweaks.
Glad for you tim and congrats for this achievement.
I broke the golden rule of stereo setup evaluation, I changed more than one thing at a time. Strange thing is, I tested the sound previously with the Panzerholz platform removed and didn't think it made much a difference, but now, clearly it does. The thing now, is with these platforms, if they benefit the sound, then adding a second one (stacked) usually adds about 20% of the effect of adding the first one. So I will have to budget for more platforms.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
My local dealer, who actually never before used ANY ground boxes in his own showroom setup, must have been impressed with listening to my Entreq setup, as he just purchased an Entreq for his own showroom. He is super conservative so I am actually surprised he got one.

D346FA4C7466F53B34230BF5209E2BE0.jpg

B4A9FA92202F08B1E0E24BE11DBBAF07.jpg

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Placed an order from some Magma Slim Tungstens today. I really want to see if they make any difference. Dealer could not get me a set to try for free, but will allow me to purchase and return if I do not like. My idea it to test the Manga Slim Tungsten model under the Olympus Infinity Tungsten and if the result is positive then order the Magma Tungsten for use with the Pluton.

Anyone know which side is up on these?

09DECB83568B4C1C916978AF6A2218EA.jpg

Raizen

May 23, 2022
Placed an order from some Magma Slim Tungstens today. I really want to see if they make any difference. Dealer could not get me a set to try for free, but will allow me to purchase and return if I do not like. My idea it to test the Manga Slim Tungsten model under the Olympus Infinity Tungsten and if the result is positive then order the Magma Tungsten for use with the Pluton.

View attachment 94008
I guess the circle side towards the apparatus.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I guess the circle side towards the apparatus.
My dealer believes the metal side goes down. There is no manual and I have not seen a photo of one using it as feet, so cannot seem to confirm it.

Raizen

May 23, 2022

View attachment 94008
I guess the circle side towaards the apparatus.
My dealer believes the metal side goes down. There is no manual and I have not seen a photo of one using it as feet, so cannot seem to confirm it.
My dealer believes same as yours. The metal side is the foot.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I guess the circle side towaards the apparatus.

My dealer believes same as yours. The metal side is the foot.
Thanks. I have additional Panzerholtz platforms on order (seem to not be able to get enough of these), one of them will be for underneath the Olympus Infinity Tungsten (OIT), and should be arriving next week. After that the Magma footers should arrive and those will become the new feet for the OIT. I'm very happy with the sound right now, and I'm just looking for that last bit of refinement which I believe might be achieved by the Panzerholtz and Magmas.

Raizen

May 23, 2022
Yesterday, my dealer lend me some Entreq stuff. To get a huge better sound I put a Tellus II on 3 Entreq ES Pad, and the silver 1 pole on the Tellus II connect to one Amp free rca with the new Triton cable. The Tellus copper 2 go to preamp free rca and copper 3 go to a DAC free rca, those 2 &3 are with Argo cables. Awesome step into Entreq’s world and to my hears it sounds great, amazing. I think I will buy the package…
Sorry for my poor English.
I am glad have found and can share that feet under a box can change a lot !
Have a good day all.

Reactions: HK Panda

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Thanks. I have additional Panzerholtz platforms on order (seem to not be able to get enough of these), one of them will be for underneath the Olympus Infinity Tungsten (OIT), and should be arriving next week. After that the Magma footers should arrive and those will become the new feet for the OIT. I'm very happy with the sound right now, and I'm just looking for that last bit of refinement which I believe might be achieved by the Panzerholtz and Magmas.
Question for the users of high end grounding boxes: I can understand that one ground cable design might "extract" more noise from a component than another, but if a grounding box is an end point, a sink or drain for noise with no signal/current flowing from it back to the grounded component then how can footers, platforms, etc. impact a system's sound? Or am I mistaken - does signal/current flow from a grounding box back to the grounded component? Not saying that isolation devices can't improve the sound of a grounding box - just want to understand how/why.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Question for the users of high end grounding boxes: I can understand that one ground cable design might "extract" more noise from a component than another, but if a grounding box is an end point, a sink or drain for noise with no signal/current flowing from it back to the grounded component then how can footers, platforms, etc. impact a system's sound? Or am I mistaken - does signal/current flow from a grounding box back to the grounded component? Not saying that isolation devices can't improve the sound of a grounding box - just want to understand how/why.
I'll try my best with some speculation.

From my understanding the ground boxes work via a Piezoelctric effect. Any vibration to those boxes can influence the effect. You will find a thread where an owner of the CleanUS goes on about how the anti vibration platforms improve his Entreq performance. Also Entreq appears to believe in it, as their magma feet work on both mechanical vibration and magnetic.

See this thread.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I'll try my best with some speculation.

From my understanding the ground boxes work via a Piezoelctric effect. Any vibration to those boxes can influence the effect. You will find a thread where an owner of the CleanUS goes on about how the anti vibration platforms improve his Entreq performance. Also Entreq appears to believe in it, as their magma feet work on both mechanical vibration and magnetic.

See this thread.

I understand how piezoelectric powders/crystals work on power and signal - Furutech's NCF accessories are a good example. But again, unless a grounding box is reflecting something back into the component/system, I don't understand how an end point/noise sink could make use of piezoelectric effects.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I understand how piezoelectric powders/crystals work on power and signal - Furutech's NCF accessories are a good example. But again, unless a grounding box is reflecting something back into the component/system, I don't understand how an end point/noise sink could make use of piezoelectric effects.
I can further speculate that the noise that flows from the component is a continuous stream, and that noise stream needs to be absorbed somewhere into the crystals. If the crystals are exited (vibrated), their ability to absorb is influenced. Steady state = more absorption, excited state = less absorption.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
I can further speculate that the noise that flows from the component is a continuous stream, and that noise stream needs to be absorbed somewhere into the crystals. If the crystals are exited (vibrated), their ability to absorb is influenced. Steady state = more absorption, excited state = less absorption.
Sounds plausible.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Sounds plausible.
The Panzerholz platforms will be tried in my setup with the Entreq, however when I pull them out, and if I don't feel the presentation lost something, then they will be used elsewhere. I already have them under my DAC and AMP, and under the Music streamer. If they prove to be useless under the Entreq, which I will test, then the platforms will be used elsewhere. Double stacking the Panzerholz platforms usually gives about 20% of the initial platforms benefit.

Raizen

May 23, 2022
May I ask if somebody has an experience with the MultiTen (Ten Ten) to share ? Also, I don’t understand what the Cleanus inside does ? Thanks !

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing