Entreq Tellus grounding

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
So using a anti-stat gun, a tool that most vinyl nut might be using, near the Entreq, turns them into expensive paper weight?
Yep...Per Olof himself tried the anti-stat gun on a sample grounding unit to track what I was describing in the system when we had tried it (to be fair we told the distributor we would try it before actually doing it off the back of success with Tripoint owners on their Tripoints.) And in the end Per discovered that it was effectively reversing the positive effects of removing grunge, and if anything (almost akin to a polarity reversal) doing almost the opposite.

And our unit never returned to its original performance after 3 solid weeks, even after disconnecting and reconnecting things. And I am told neither did Per Olof's sample unit. So the distributor did not hesitate to replace everything, and I am grateful he made it easy for us.

So one person's experience (backed up by the founder of the company).

Now 23 days of the new system, and it is glorious.

Reactions: Raizen and HK Panda

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Yep...Per Olof himself tried the anti-stat gun on a sample grounding unit to track what I was describing in the system when we had tried it (to be fair we told the distributor we would try it before actually doing it off the back of success with Tripoint owners on their Tripoints.) And in the end Per discovered that it was effectively reversing the positive effects of removing grunge, and if anything (almost akin to a polarity reversal) doing almost the opposite.

And our unit never returned to its original performance after 3 solid weeks, even after disconnecting and reconnecting things. And I am told neither did Per Olof's sample unit. So the distributor did not hesitate to replace everything, and I am grateful he made it easy for us.

Congratulations on such a stunning success and thank you for the health warning on anti static treatments.
Top marks too to the Entreq distributor and to Per himself.
I have always found both to be excellent and your latest experience only adds to my high regard for them both. Fellow members can be confident about using the Entreq products, and not just their grounding. I have used their cables,i/cs. speaker cables and power cables too for several years and have found them to be first class with clearly audible improvements as you move up the range.
Enjoy!

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK

Excellent choice and smart move!!!

T2 Infinity is a great buy and is my first recommendation for someone just getting into the Entreq world. TenTen is my second recommendation for its price/performance ratio. My third recommendation is the Hero of course.

My word of advise is don't use all Triton ground cables. You may overload your system in certain aspect. I would suggest you mix it with Infinity Apollo ground cables. I have a Triton on loan to me from my dealer for a few months already and I still do not feel the need to put it in service.

The Hero has a flat bottom and came with a 2" thick wood cart on wheels. It is beautifully finished but have no use for me at all. The surface of the wood cart and the Hero are so smooth that the Hero can slide out of the cart unexpectedly one day. I just place the Hero on a sturdy stand and put footers under the Hero.

The Ten Ten may have wheels installed or came separate. They were just attached to the bottom by screws so you can take them out any time. I would not put them on wheels for sure if I have the Ten Ten.

You will love the Ten Ten.

View attachment 94389
Thank you for your post.
I recently had to reorganise my racks to accommodate a J Sikora Standard Line turntable and arm which required two additional Entreq shelves plus additional ground box capacity.
I bought a Tellus Infinity 2 which is grounding my three box DCS Scarlatti plus an additional Ten thus relieving the pressure on my Olympus Tellus.
It has been a great success and the whole system is now sounding noticeably better. My Poseidon grounds my Vitus 030 and the negative speaker terminals. In my experience there are real improvements as you extend the grounding to the whole of your system and from the higher range cables.

Reactions: Raizen

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Barry,

Great to see your own experience of late, and yes, trust and integrity weigh heavily in the balance any time you are investing significant time and money into high end audio.

I am really only just exploring the music collection up to now having focused only on the 'test CDs'...lots to rediscover!

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

So in your case, you zapped all your Entreq Pluton terminals in the hopes of what? Some fix or perceived improvement?

Do you think the same thing could happen if just using an anti static gun near the ground boxes, just not right on the terminals?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
So in your case, you zapped all your Entreq Pluton terminals in the hopes of what? Some fix or perceived improvement?

Do you think the same thing could happen if just using an anti static gun near the ground boxes, just not right on the terminals?
I had read and been directly emailed by Tripoint owners that zapping the connections at the back of the box worked well...for around 48 hours...and clarity increased. I told the Entreq folks I was going to try it...no one had experimented with this before...and so I zapped the connections on the back of the box. And the next day, everything changed...alarmingly so.

I waited for a few days, and when it never changed, I got super nervous and started calling. The agreement was to wait 3 weeks to see if anything changed, and apparently Per Olof immediately started trying it himself. and immediately noticed the same things happening and started trying to figure out more technically what was happening.

Frankly, given that this was just a disaster, I would definitively and categorically warn people to avoid getting an anti-static gun anywhere near an Entreq. I am not technie and have always said so...so to be safe, I would just not use one. I do not have vinyl so its easier for me to say that than analogue fans, but I surely have stuck the anti-static gun in the drawer...forever.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
The dealer dropped off additional, and hopefully, my last Panzerholz platforms. Now with a double stack under both streamer and DAC, and one under the Olympus Infinity Tungsten.

Today I also fired off an email to PO at Entreq and asked if he could comment on what differences there are between the Magma Slim Tungsten and Magma Tungsten. I feel I probably have a good idea, but wanted to hear what he had to say about it.

Update - Got a reply from PO within about 30 minutes. Basically said go with the Magma Tungsten unless space is an issue and that the MT is much more powerful than the Slim model, and that 3 units, rather than 4, is fine. He also commented he cannot listen to any of his gear without them.

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I had read and been directly emailed by Tripoint owners that zapping the connections at the back of the box worked well...for around 48 hours...and clarity increased. I told the Entreq folks I was going to try it...no one had experimented with this before...and so I zapped the connections on the back of the box. And the next day, everything changed...alarmingly so.

I waited for a few days, and when it never changed, I got super nervous and started calling. The agreement was to wait 3 weeks to see if anything changed, and apparently Per Olof immediately started trying it himself. and immediately noticed the same things happening and started trying to figure out more technically what was happening.

Frankly, given that this was just a disaster, I would definitively and categorically warn people to avoid getting an anti-static gun anywhere near an Entreq. I am not technie and have always said so...so to be safe, I would just not use one. I do not have vinyl so its easier for me to say that than analogue fans, but I surely have stuck the anti-static gun in the drawer...forever.

I had static issues in my music room, which I suspected caused some circuit tripping issues with my Power Conditioner and AMP. My dealer suggested I install an Anti-Static touchpad. You just touch it with your finger. As far as I know it does not work like an Anti-Stat gun, but It got me thinking I needed to be careful about it, knowing now what you have told us.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
The Panzerholz platforms did about what I expected and improved the focus, subtle nuances into the presentation. The Magma footers are staying, and I've tried them under the DAC and under the Olympus Infinity T, and with about the same effect, perhaps just a bit stronger effect under the DAC. I believe another set under the OIT will be a good place for them.

Had my dealer order more Magmas for me to try. Another set of Magma Slim Tungsten, the Magma Tungsten, and the Magma Infinity just for kicks. All but the Magma Tungstens should arrive by weekend if I'm lucky. I don't expect the MT to arrive before a month, as they have to home from Hong Kong, and it's a nightmare getting things from HK right now with all the Covid customs issues.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I look forward to hearing more.
If it is of any consolation problems with customs are rife here in the UK, but the result of Brexit rather than Covid

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry,

Great to see your own experience of late, and yes, trust and integrity weigh heavily in the balance any time you are investing significant time and money into high end audio.

I am really only just exploring the music collection up to now having focused only on the 'test CDs'...lots to rediscover!
Thank you Lloyd.
The new turntable rather dominated my playings following the rack reorganisation and the additional shelves and the new Tellus Infinity 2..
More recently though I have been playing some of my CDs now that everything has settled in.
The Tellus Infinity 2 is earthing my three box Scarlatti and it has been a very good buy. A go to disc is an SACD of Patricia Barbers Modern Cool. There are a number of quite complex vocal sets, great rhythm, dynamics and lovely double bass contributions. What was very quickly apparent was the increase in the articulation of her vocals and both piano and double bass were much tighter. A lot more snap to to the music.
It was many years ago an overplayed demo disc at shows, but it remains a great disc with which to evaluate upgrades to one's system.
It certainly showcased the talents of the Tellus Infinity 2 and, like others, I can now thoroughly recommend it. Really good value for money.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I look forward to hearing more.
If it is of any consolation problems with customs are rife here in the UK, but the result of Brexit rather than Covid
I don't believe the EU has have any interest in making things easy for the UK. Probably the opposite.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
The Magma Infinity's have arrived. Under the Olympus Infinity Tungsten they make a nice improvement in the presentation. I tried them under the Streamer for the DAC, and didn't feel it added much if anything, but under the OIT, it added a bit of richness. Tomorrow I am going to swap around the Magma Slim Tungsten and the Magma Infinity and see if that is better / worse, or just different.

The bad news is the other Magmas I ordered wont arrive probably until July

More later, just thought I would share my results.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The Magma Infinity's have arrived. Under the Olympus Infinity Tungsten they make a nice improvement in the presentation. I tried them under the Streamer for the DAC, and didn't feel it added much if anything, but under the OIT, it added a bit of richness. Tomorrow I am going to swap around the Magma Slim Tungsten and the Magma Infinity and see if that is better / worse, or just different.

The bad news is the other Magmas I ordered wont arrive probably until July

More later, just thought I would share my results.
Great! Enjoy! Look forward to reading how it goes next month.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Quick update on Entreq Grounding Boxes. We installed a custom mass damping unit for the Sub...designed beautifully by Z:Axis Audio using Cobalt Steel bearings inside a custom-cut box and then on top of feet with elastomers on the underside to make contact with the top of the sub...90 kgs or 200lbs of inert dead weight.

We then had unused Artesania damping plates and HRS damping plates...plus solid brass scientific weights that sit on top of them...65kg in total. All of that came off the sub to make way for the new damping plate from Z:Axis.

After 2 days, we decided to take all of these excess damping plates and materials and place them onto the Entreq Grounding boxes (having recalled that the Tripoint Troy SE benefited from damping). Sure enough further benefits. Not sure why, but it is something other owners have noticed. In this case, upper bass response a touch (but a meaningful touch) stronger/more powerful. They're staying on.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
My music room has a slightly musty feeling from the wet weather we have been having here, and I'm thinking of using an Ozone generator in the room to clean up oder and kill any mold that might be there. Anyone have any experience with those near the Entreq boxes?

My dealer says no problem near the stereo equipment, but I'm a bit hesitant because of the ground boxes.

Anyone?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My music room has a slightly musty feeling from the wet weather we have been having here, and I'm thinking of using an Ozone generator in the room to clean up oder and kill any mold that might be there. Anyone have any experience with those near the Entreq boxes?

My dealer says no problem near the stereo equipment, but I'm a bit hesitant because of the ground boxes.

Anyone?
If they work anything like the demagnetizer Zerostat, I would say from my experience categorically do not do it. But I have no idea how the ozone generator works...if it has anything to do with ions (and potentially positive/negative charges)...I would ask Per Olof.

Lloyd

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
If they work anything like the demagnetizer Zerostat, I would say from my experience categorically do not do it. But I have no idea how the ozone generator works...if it has anything to do with ions (and potentially positive/negative charges)...I would ask Per Olof.

Lloyd
I have already fired off an email to Per Olof regarding it, waiting a reply.

Ah, I'm impatient so I decided to move all the Entreq gear from the music room and do the Ozone treatment. That Pluton is a beast to move.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have already fired off an email to Per Olof regarding it, waiting a reply.

Ah, I'm impatient so I decided to move all the Entreq gear from the music room and do the Ozone treatment. That Pluton is a beast to move.
Let us know how it goes!

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Let us know how it goes!
The Ozone treatment is done, and all Entreq is back in place. I really didn't want to unplug it all, but I felt error on the side of caution was worth more than the adaptation time.

Just an FYI on Ozone. My main reason for wanting to do this is for treatment of VOCs. The room is new, with new walls and several layers of special sound application materials, and I do believe some of these are emitting harmful VOCs. After being in the room for more than an hour, with the door closed, my skin would start itching, so I'm hopeful the Ozone will help kill some of that off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are countless applications for a powerful oxidant such as ozone, including Deodorization, Allergen Elimination, and Fire & Flood Remediation.

The length of treatment required will depend on each circumstance: What Ozone Does - High Output Ozone Generators, when used in "shock treatment" application methods, are effective in addressing the following:

• Sanitization: As a gas, ozone is a broad based sanitizer capable of eliminating biological pollutants such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi, thus maintaining microbiological control.

• Deodorization: Because it is a strong oxidant, ozone will attack unpleasant odors (e.g. from smoke, cooking, mildew, pets, and etc.) at their source, cleaving the long chain molecules responsible and permanently eliminating the smell.

• Allergen Elimination: Dust mites, pollen, and other allergens cannot survive an indoor ozone shock treatment, bringing immediate relief to allergy sufferers.

• Natural Disasters: Ozone has been used to remediate indoor environments impacted by floods, tornados, wild fires, and earthquakes.

• Chemical Pollutants: VOCs such as benzene, formaldehyde, methylene chloride, and others will be oxidized and destroyed by ozone, one of nature's most powerful oxidizing agents.

• Commercial Agriculture: There are many applications for ozone in agriculture, especially related to odor control and broad based disinfection for disease control. • Mold Remediation: Ozone is lethal to molds, including toxigenic, black mold, etc.

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing