Entreq Tellus grounding

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There do seem to be favorable differences by adding the dual run connections. Listened to one track tonight, then removed the second cable, and then listened again. The musical nuances are better, more natural and fleshed out using the dual cable setup.

Now, the final test, put the cables back, but this time, make the dual pair, a braided dual pair by twisting the two cables together. Just did that and plugged it back in. Will be listening to that configuration for the rest of the night.
Thanks for the update! Sounds promising! Enjoy the evening of great listening and music!

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Thanks for the update! Sounds promising! Enjoy the evening of great listening and music!
After a few days, I will repeat the test of removing the 2nd cable, as that is the only way to really test this as the changes are so subtle. My guess is the is an improvement, but the improvement is not go out and buy a second cable improvement, it's just if you happen to still have a spare cable and want to make use of it. I'm really just trying to justify Triton, and this will hold me over until I can afford a Triton.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
That makes complete sense, and there are a number of isolation pieces like that in our system which we use because we happen to have them after a new configuration was installed. They generally always help but the incremental benefit might not have mandated a purchase...except that having them was nice to have since they DID make a nice incremental improvement.

In some cases, I have found the 'double power' effect to be worth having...the Robert Koda amps like it for example.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
The dual cable setup is working good and I won't be touching it until I can get a Triton in there.

I'm going to shift focus to my streamer setup. There is only the streamer itself a bridged router, and the DC LPS feeding the streamer.

Anyone got a streamer setup tweaked with Entreq, and if so, what are you using?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Glad to read the dual setup is working well. Enjoy. BTW, are you using Entreq Tungsten binding post things with your dual setup or anywhere on your grounding box? They work well.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Glad to read the dual setup is working well. Enjoy. BTW, are you using Entreq Tungsten binding post things with your dual setup or anywhere on your grounding box? They work well.
I am using both Peak 4 and Everest on all boxes.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I believe this is a new product from Entreq. According to email I just got form PO if you like what the Magma Tungsten does on top of your equipment, you will love the Nano. Entreq just shipped these yesterday to some dealers. The Magma Tungsten is amazing on top of some of my gear, but expensive, I'm hoping the price will be attractive.

Brave Browser Clipping (9?21?56 PM).jpg

DDEDFDC6439D7022F6ECD9937D6BAE8F.png

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I believe this is a new product from Entreq. According to email I just got form PO if you like what the Magma Tungsten does on top of your equipment, you will love the Nano. Entreq just shipped these yesterday to some dealers. The Magma Tungsten is amazing on top of some of my gear, but expensive, I'm hoping the price will be attractive.

View attachment 97420

View attachment 97419
Thanks! I spoke with Entreq importer here...he said they are quite powerful. Just make sure your system is setup the way you like it, and then use these was his overarching guidance.

Reactions: HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Thanks! I spoke with Entreq importer here...he said they are quite powerful. Just make sure your system is setup the way you like it, and then use these was his overarching guidance.
These products seem to work well for EFI / EMI issues. Just late night I sat down to listen in my music room and although it sounded good, it didn't sound as amazing as the the previous night, and I didn't change anything with the system? I knew something was different, but what?

As it turned out, I left my Apple Powerbook powered on and open, and that laptop connects to a wireless router in my music server room. So I closed down the laptop, turned off all the Iphones using wireless, and went back to listen. The amazing sound was back. So as much as a pain it is, and because of where my my music server is located, I need to turn off wifi and bluetooth in that room when listening to music.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Hey Jazzhead,

Hope all is well...have you tried the new Entreq Tungsten wraps? Just put some in...really liking them in comparison with the Silver tellus wraps. Not sure I have heard the Infinity wraps.
I didn't see new Tungsten wraps on Entreq website? Where did you see them?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I didn't see new Tungsten wraps on Entreq website? Where did you see them?
I am using them! Ask your dealer/importer. I have decided to trial them and one by one, swapped over all of the Silver wraps to Tungstens, and they are really great (and also so far a drop-in replacement.)

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
I am using them! Ask your dealer/importer. I have decided to trial them and one by one, swapped over all of the Silver wraps to Tungstens, and they are really great (and also so far a drop-in replacement.)
Could you make a photo of how it looks for me? Dealing with the Chinese dealer works better if I can show him a photo of whatI need.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
They didn't change the label on them? How do you know your getting a Tungsten version then?
They did. Mine says Tungsten on them...but they are otherwise identical. I just took a photo from the website to help you/your dealer find it on the website. Figured that would give your dealer confidence to ask.

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
They did. Mine says Tungsten on them...but they are otherwise identical. I just took a photo from the website to help you/your dealer find it on the website. Figured that would give your dealer confidence to ask.
Yeah that's what I thought. If you could make a photo of your label that would be really helpful.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
1662243434553.png

Reactions: HK Panda

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Asking my dealer about them now. Where are you using them and which places seemed to make the most difference?

I can only get the Silver infinity wraps at this time from my dealer. What difference did you notice when switching from the Silver to the Tungsten?

Last edited:

HK Panda

Nov 28, 2012
HK
Quite robust isolation! Do let us know if you try mass damping. Their products work, but I have used HRS and Artesania damping plates...and then put heavy weight (65kg) on top...sometimes with damping plates ON TOP of the deadweight to avoid any ringing of the dead material itself.
I've been on a testing frenzy lately changing a lot of things in order to optimize my setup. I have a limited amount of Magma footers, so I needed to do a lot of testing to see where they benefit the most. One recent significant discovery is the Enreq boxes seem to like sitting directly on the Panzerholtz platforms (No Magma feet underneath), so I moved the Pluton direct on the platforms and moved the Magmas on top instead, and did the same to the other Entreq ground boxes. This has elevated the performance quite a bit from before. I can guess that the less movement and vibration the Entreq has the better the sound.

It does appear from my testing that my Streaming Transporter benefits even more than the DAC it is connected to, so I've been moving some of the tweaks that were focusing on the DAC over to the Transporter. Today I will be swapping the Olympus Ten T / Olympus Infinity T to see if the bigger box works better on the streamer instead of the DAC.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing