Anyone for some not so gentle persuasion--with a capital T:cool:

Watch at your peril!

BruceD
Gangs 1.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Big little lies was a good series. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern, all great. Good direction and good wit. Second season is not as good as the first but still worth watching. Meryll Streep joins in the second season

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
How many of you have seen Banshee? It's packed to the gills with fast-paced action, memorable characters, and an asinine amount of fistfights. If you enjoy this kind of thing, Banshee gets a strong recommendation. By the way, if you enjoyed Antony Starr in The Boys, you're going to love his performance in Banshee.

Reactions: MRJAZZ

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
For those in the UK with itvX; I would recommend "The Twelve", and "A Spy Among Friends".

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Three Docu's if you haven't already seen them, two music and one car racing.
1. Muscle Schoals
2. The Wrecking Crew
3. The 24 Hour War (the real F vs F story using real footage and interviews with the people that made it happen, brutal actual footage, no Hollywood fluff)

picears

Feb 4, 2022
No love for music shows like this? :

Anyway, like others here I find British TV often more substantive than US TV. Thought that Detectorists had an engaging balance of humor and poingancy. The original seasons of Happy Valley were intense.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
1. Muscle Schoals
2. The Wrecking Crew
3. The 24 Hour War (the real F vs F story using real footage and interviews with the people that made it happen, brutal actual footage, no Hollywood fluff)

Add to your list of music documentries "20 Feet from Stardom"

RDSChicago

Nov 12, 2013
1. Muscle Schoals
2. The Wrecking Crew

And don’t miss The Other One on Netflix, especially if you’re a GD fan:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
No love for music shows like this? :

Anyway, like others here I find British TV often more substantive than US TV. Thought that Detectorists had an engaging balance of humor and poingancy. The original seasons of Happy Valley were intense.
Many hours of "Turn off the bubble machine" with my grandpa when i was a kid

Last edited:

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
And don’t miss The Other One on Netflix, especially if you’re a GD fan:

I will watch this for sure. In the world of GD I am an extreme novice but love their live jams. There are some here on this board that have rooms full of live tapes. I was recently turned on to a website that has all of these shows on it and have to start venturing down that road. Their live performances were awesome.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Netflix
The Night Agent

Reactions: MRJAZZ

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
west world cable
Hannibal network tv
The neighbors network tv Syfi comedy

Last edited:

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Reactions: Pokey77

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I thought night agent was quite poor on direction, dialogues, acting

Reactions: dsyzling

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Netlfix "The Diplomat" seems quite well done in all regards. I'm saving the last couple episodes for a system update that should arrive next week...

Reactions: jeff1225

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing