Favorite TV shows thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I am really coming up short on material these days. I watched Reacher because I found the books pretty entertaining. Overall, I thought it was pretty lame. The guy who played Reacher fit the bill physically, but my god his acting chops were dreadful.

My wife and I started into Queens Gambit again…. Even on the third go, it’s really special.
Do you have any particular genre you are more inclined towards?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I am really coming up short on material these days. I watched Reacher because I found the books pretty entertaining. Overall, I thought it was pretty lame. The guy who played Reacher fit the bill physically, but my god his acting chops were dreadful.

My wife and I started into Queens Gambit again…. Even on the third go, it’s really special.
Hi,Yes its that time odd the year I guess--lean pickings when Reacher is "it":p

From the vault and worth checking out all are TV Series 6/8 episodes

SS-GB
Mystery Road
Unforgotten
A Confession

Current or still viable
The Tourist
Vigil
Triggerpoint

And an excellent Norwegian Movie
The Burning Sea

Good luck,
BruceD

Reactions: Ovenmitt

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017

SS-GB
Mystery Road
Unforgotten
A Confession

Current or still viable
The Tourist
Vigil
Triggerpoint

The Burning Sea

Good luck,
BruceD
Thank you Bruce... I've heard of most of these that you recommend, but haven't actually seen any of them. It looks like a great list. I'll check 'em out.

Reactions: BruceD

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com

SS-GB
Mystery Road
Unforgotten
A Confession

Current or still viable
The Tourist
Vigil
Triggerpoint

The Burning Sea

Good luck,
BruceD
Which platforms can you watch them on?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Which platforms can you watch them on?
I just peruse the net for Programs/Series/etc I like and establish whether they are on a streaming site , Iview, downloadable etc, no specific Platform .
I been pretty successful so far --seen all the ones I posted amongst dozens of others.
Good luck,
BruceD

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That's a good strategy. Back in the day everyone was downloading and ever since the Netflix arrived and the other platforms followed, people started having issues accessing different shows and films.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
There are several interesting series on PBS/Masterpiece and Britbox. They have several that come under “Walter Presents” they are are usually foreign from Italy, France,Germany Spain Etc.

carl13

Feb 6, 2020
Still enjoying the Resident Alien.

Great cast.

Wednesdays on SYFY.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Please read the thread carefully it can save you
61CADAF5-9C86-46D1-8E3C-A17FD310ACD3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: MadFloyd

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Season 2 of "Russian Doll" finally premieres on Netflix 4/20

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Apple tv: The morning show with Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Steve carrell is entertaining. Slow Horses, which is a British spy chase comedy thriller, is also fun.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Killing Eve seems to be getting worse every season. Peaky Blinders final season starts soon and should be good.

We tried The Morning Show but found it somewhat pretentious and uninteresting. Then again I would never watch GMA or Today. Too bad as Reese is my fav actress.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Killing Eve seems to be getting worse every season. Peaky Blinders final season starts soon and should be good.

We tried The Morning Show but found it somewhat pretentious and uninteresting. Then again I would never watch GMA or Today. Too bad as Reese is my fav actress.

The morning show gets better into episode 3 and 4. Not saying it is great or a must watch but nice twists.

I stopped on killing eve long ago. Only the first season was good, even the second sucked.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Slow Horses has turned into a hilarious spy thriller. Gary Oldman is very good. Also has Kristin Scott Thomas

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Best half hour 'comedy' series ever is Please Like Me. Australian show on Hulu from a few years ago. Every character is remarkable. Laugh and cry at the same time. Satisfying ending. Worship that show.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
We've been watching "MI-5" on Britbox. Decent mindless entertainment a la "24". Don't get too attached to any of the characters though :)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Slow Horses has turned into a hilarious spy thriller. Gary Oldman is very good. Also has Kristin Scott Thomas

She is one of my favorite actresses. In addition to her great performance in “The English Patient,” I loved her in “Tell No One.”

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
She is one of my favorite actresses. In addition to her great performance in “The English Patient,” I loved her in “Tell No One.”

You should then watch "i have loved you so long".. Another French film, she is brilliant

Reactions: dminches

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing