London

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Reactions: bonzo75

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
We've been watching "MI-5" on Britbox. Decent mindless entertainment a la "24". Don't get too attached to any of the characters though :)
Over the past several years we have watched all of the MI5 episodes twice through. One reason is this is where we first saw one of our favorites actresses Nicole Walker. She has to be one of the hardest working actors around. It seems like she moves from series to series and is never out of work. Besides MI5 she has stared in Last Tango In Halifax, Scott and Bailey, Unforgotten, River, Collateral, The Split and one we just finished that was really fun called Annika.

I know what you mean about not getting attached to the characters.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I have trouble watching much of anything right now. It’s just boring… even some season 2 things of stuff I like I can barely stomach.

Reactions: Husk

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
I have trouble watching much of anything right now. It’s just boring… even some season 2 things of stuff I like I can barely stomach.
Yep with all around us being mayhem:oops:

But found couple of snippets that piqued the interest--

Excellent Doco with some amazing unseen footage on the WWII involvement of Hollywood --some warts and all stuff!

The Hollywood War

and if you fancy say some Tarantino meets Sergio Leonie to stir your lethargy pop a gander at

That Dirty Black Bag

Hollywood war1.jpg Dirty Black bag.jpg

Reactions: Folsom

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue

Loved the first season of Hacks. 2nd season starts soon on HBO Max

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
we watched the entire first season. enjoyed Ted Lasso more, but season 2 wasn't as good.

Yes the second season of Ted lasso was over sentimentalized and drawn out.

The first was a bit childish for me. It makes you watch, given the sports and feel good factor, but overall not well made. A bit like junk food snacks that are addictive and you keep on eating even when you want to stop

Last edited:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Super excited for season 3 of "For All Mankind" starting June 10th

Reactions: MRJAZZ

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Not so sure about S3 of The Boys. The first two were… ok despite being changed in BAD ways from the comic. Worth casual watching. Now? Eh… there was one scene that seemed a bit too far IMO, and some of it feels like woke garbage seeping in. (As opposed to TopGunM, which was great, refreshing, but see my review)

I’ve ordered The Wire. In fact on my second set of it ad the first had an unplayable disc… hoping it’ll be good.

Chernobyl was a short mini series but definitely very well done. (And for some reason like almost everyone in it was also in the new Batman???? No idea why)

I want to watch Succession but the discs are sorta not in a good package yet. It’s too new.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The Wire is really good.

Stopped watching the Boys because it turned into contrived wokeness and it is pathetic compared to comic.

Watched Russian Doll but it appears since Russia isn't popular she magically turned into a Hungarian but not really because they're all nazi's, and her family is actually jewish????? WTF can you say woke overload response to thinking being Russian isn't good anymore? Then it was all pointless? Garbage.

Night Sky is decent, interesting. I'm hoping it'll go places. The acting has been pretty good.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Offer: Brilliant 10 episode series on Paramount's production and writing challenges behind the marking of the Godfather, including real Mafia involvement. Picks up to the end of the first episode and just keeps getting better. Series produced by the producer of the Godfather.

Last edited:
Reactions: howiebrou

dsyzling

Aug 14, 2019
The Gold - BBC iPlayer is definitely worth a watch about the aftermath of the Brinks Matt robbery. Ok a little on the nose weaving the social class commentary into the narrative/characters but definitely binge worthy.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
BBC
The Detectorists - a gem
All Creatures Great and Small
Endeavor
Darling Buds of May - another gem

BBC Comedy
The IT Crowd - you gotta watch this one
Black Books

American TV
Longmire - watched this one at least 4 times through
Bosch + Legacy on Freevee

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Forgot to mention:
Freaks and Geeks

Reactions: Steveo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing