Favorite TV shows thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
You are correct in saying that he is a Kryptonian, but you are not right saying that he is not a human. They are not mutually exclusive.

Let's apply a modicum of logic here.

1. Species are largely defined as being capable of interbreeding. If he has a son then I guess they do it with Lois and it works?
He is in part human. Their DNA seems compatible. A cat could not be attracted to mating signals of a dog and unless Windows has a critical error, cat's sperm and dog's egg would not interact, preventing a development of an embryo.

98.5% of our DNA is identical to Neanderthals, and based on science and digital reproductions based on the skeletons we found they look quite different from Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

2. Physical factor
He looks like a human. If he was an alien without a common ancestor with a homo sapiens, then the form factor would not be so dramatically similar. There are many theories how Kryptonians and homo sapiens interbred in the past.

3. Literal naming
Clark is a (super)MAN and a MAN (of steel). He is not a super(Alien) or super(Kryptonian).

4. Clark often highlights that this is his world (referring to Earth).

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reacher is average but entertaining. Don't go to it if you haven't been through some of the stronger recommendations here, but watch it to pass time. After that I watched the two movies and appreciated them more with the background, imagining Tom cruise as big guy

Reactions: Pokey77

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I couldn't get into the Witcher, but loved The Morning Show (only watched the first season so far).

My current series, which I adore, is Succession.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I couldn't get into the Witcher, but loved The Morning Show (only watched the first season so far).

I thought Morning Show found a way to incorporate the issues in an interesting manner. I liked both seasons.

Reactions: MadFloyd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Succession season 2 is brilliant, much better than 1, but season 3 was meh. Decent ending but still meh. They ran out of the high quality of dialogues

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I have one episode left in season 2, so this is disappointing news. The quality of dialog is what makes the show.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Succession season 2 is brilliant, much better than 1, but season 3 was meh. Decent ending but still meh. They ran out of the high quality of dialogues
I agree I enjoyed season 2 but Succession 3 was unwatchable and I finally gave up. Some of the Dumbest dialog I can remember.

• Sad
Reactions: MadFloyd

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have one episode left in season 2, so this is disappointing news. The quality of dialog is what makes the show.

Ah 2 ending is brilliant

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I could not wait to see the new Lord of the Rings until I saw the teaser trailer today. I am not sold after watching the trailer, and I am pretty discouraged. It seems like it is going to be another Witcher.

Last edited:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Saw the trailer during the super bowl. I was pessimistic beforehand but much more so now!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Only murders in the building is fun, It's on Disney and Hulu. Two old guys and a young girl get together to do a podcast on a murder in the building with some comedy

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Only murders in the building is fun, It's on Disney and Hulu. Two old guys and a young girl get together to do a podcast on a murder in the building with some comedy
I hadn't head about this, so thanks. Great cast!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I hadn't head about this, so thanks. Great cast!

Have you watched the least episode of succession S2, and then midnight mass yet

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Have you watched the least episode of succession S2, and then midnight mass yet

Nope. Hearing that season 3 isn't great, I'm saving the season 2 finale for when I really want a treat. Probably on the plane next Tuesday. :)

Haven't started Midnight Mass. I should. :)

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021

Ovenmitt

Nov 21, 2017
I am really coming up short on material these days. I watched Reacher because I found the books pretty entertaining. Overall, I thought it was pretty lame. The guy who played Reacher fit the bill physically, but my god his acting chops were dreadful.

My wife and I started into Queens Gambit again…. Even on the third go, it’s really special.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing