Favorite TV shows thread

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I've seen "Red Oaks" - I think the cast was great and and generally - I enjoyed the sense of humor there. Setup of 80s is another big plus.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Borgen, a Danish political thriller seems excellent.

dsyzling

Aug 14, 2019
The Bureau - sounds like an interesting recommendation. I am going to give it a try.
The Bureau is really good - a cross between Homeland and Spooks but far better written. I'm currently starting season 3 and really enjoying it.

I have to say Clarkson's Farm is also enjoyable - and this from a non petrol head that's pretty much ignored all things Clarkson over many decades.

Mark L

May 8, 2021
Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime is excellent. Clancy’s work transfers well to screen, but his plots are usually far too intricate for a ~2 hour motion picture. The ten-episode series is a MUCH better platform. Also, John Krasinski is a far better Ryan than any of the prior actors. Season one is solid, and 2 is even better. Anxiously awaiting 3….

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I saw the first, thought it was ok, the second bored me so moved to others

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I started watching Zoo. The first season was kind of fun, not an A class series. The second was turn off bad after a bit.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
I have to say Clarkson's Farm is also enjoyable - and this from a non petrol head that's pretty much ignored all things Clarkson over many decades.
I have been enjoying Clarkson’s Farm as well.. I enjoy Clarkson’s other shows too. I enjoy his realist cynicism And he doesn’t hold back much. His farm is awesome, the show is both interesting and humorous with a touch of drama.
I recently upgraded my TV to a 75” Sony, so enjoying the show in UHD HDR is a treat..

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Midnight mass is an excellent 7 episode mini series. It is super natural and horror, but not bad horror, real arty, biblical dialogues and mixed with vampires and God. Don't expect fast paced outcomes just enjoy the poetic arty journey. Some great acting. Very different from other shows

Reactions: KeithR and jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Midnight mass is an excellent 7 episode mini series. It is super natural and horror, but not bad horror, real arty, biblical dialogues and mixed with vampires and God. Don't expect fast paced outcomes just enjoy the poetic arty journey. Some great acting. Very different from other shows
I really enjoyed Midnight Mass. The creator/director is the same person that did Dr Sleep (the Shining sequel) which was also a solid movie. Midnight Mass definitely had a Stephen King vibe.

Reactions: bonzo75

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks, sounds right up my alley!

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I recently watched a few episodes of the second season of the Witcher. Has anyone seen it already? Does it get better in the second half?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I recently watched a few episodes of the second season of the Witcher. Has anyone seen it already? Does it get better in the second half?

I couldn't stand the first season.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yep, it was not an easy and it is such a shame, because I am a huge enthusiast of this universe.

Ok, I am in a parallel one. Marvel multiverse implies we are all spread out

Reactions: AMR / iFi audio

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I watched all of the witcher episodes. It’s alright. Ginger replacement is extra weird with Triss. The story is sorta… I dunno, feels a little rushed and all over, inspired by books/video games I guess.

In this case the video game (W3) is much better to me.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Sorta maybe--but no :( it comes out as a convoluted mess--few interesting bits and BIG hints for #3

--if it wasn't for cool Henry C I'd give it a miss.

BD

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Thanks guys, I guess it is a pass for now. 5 more hours I won't be able to get back. Perhaps, when on a long flight or stuck at an airport and not in a mood for books or music the Witcher will get its share.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Superman and Lois is the best of the TV series on superheroes, and including movies next only to Batman begins and dark Knight rises. It is a different take, Superman and Lois have teenage twin sons, and superman is struggling with being a father and communicating to two teenagers. Even the superhero parts are better than the movies

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
That is an interesting concept. Taking Superman from Sacrum and moving to Profane. It's fascinating to show that Superman is not just a superhero, but also a human (in a small part at least).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing