For what it's Worth-Tesla

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Honestly haven't paid attention since with a new job. I did nail the top at 960 or whatever.

I don't think we have seen the top Keith

Steve Williams

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Taycan is a more advanced car in general, but 2x the price of a Model S. Porsche went upmarket, I think most with the means would get a Taycan over a Tesla.

Steve Williams

The Taycan battery range is 192-201 miles

The Tesla model S battery is 390 miles

"nuff said ;)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I don't care about range. Most are not going to road-trip in their EV. For those who do, the S is a better choice, but the Porsche is a far superior performance car overall. People care about image and performance far more than range imo.

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's the shortest article ... less than 60 seconds to read ...
https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...ons-underwhelming-porsche-taycan-tesla-2020-2

This one also, less than a minute ...
https://driving.ca/porsche/auto-new...catches-fire-and-burns-down-garage-in-florida

Me I like the Porsche Taycan design more than the Tesla Model 3.
But I like the price better of the Tesla. I also like the tech and the battery better in the Tesla.
And last but not the least, I prefer Tesla shares over Porsche shares.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
I don't care about range. Most are not going to road-trip in their EV. For those who do, the S is a better choice, but the Porsche is a far superior performance car overall. People care about image and performance far more than range imo.
In some parts of the planet yes; people care more about image and prestige and disposability.
In general I tend to believe that the majority care about reliability, affordability, long term performance.

So, it depends of who, where, practicality, financial status, dependability, and short and long range distances.

Feb 8, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Porsche or Alfa Romeo or McLaren or Jaguar electric cars.
It's just that Tesla shares are more productive/rewarding that's all.
You can buy the shares you like and the cars you like, they don't need to be the same; life's too short to be on the slow lane, shortchanged, lower image.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing