For what it's Worth-Tesla

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
American muscle ... Ford Shelby, Camaro, Corvette, ...

Like Marty just said on the previous page; we have turned the wave and this is a new world we live in ... the EV Tesla world. And short sellers they can lose their shirts more and more nobody cares for them t-shirts ...

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Some how the newer E cars scream .COM bubble to me lol. I’m no stock analyst I’m just a fool in the corner who looks. Of it looses money and really does not save energy or help out planet just what are they here. So who is next apple or google to make an investment that bilks the investors. Think Enron lol. And yes I lost on them or was my time

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Good news for stock holders.
Of course this is a zero sum game .
Power has to come from somewhere. Electric plants are nasty polluters.
The Tesla is a great car.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Who here believe that after we're all dead...fifty years from now our grand children are going to support the smell and gas exhaust in their lungs, and the noise pollution by ICE cars (exotic luxurrious cars...vroom vroom) and motorcycles and trucks? It causes cancer, pollutes our lungs, smells like burn urine mixed with caca, and affects our hearing and damages the atmosphere above our highways and cities.

Fifty years from now, after we're all dead (the majority of us here @ WBF) the world will be EV.
No one has to agree with this reality, we just have to accept it for the well-being of our grand children. And fifty years is a very reserved discreet time frame. You can cut it in half.

My favorite car is the Bugatti; I will not be here to drive one electric powered with a 900 miles range per single charge (less than one hour quick charge). The battery pack will probably be made by Tesla and associates in Canada.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I’m not a fan of oil being used but it’s clear to me at 63 oil is power full. We have at this point no viable alt for this. now we do have a few very good ideas that no one backs I wonder why. We have electric ?? he uses a lithium battery very toxic and does not last long and wait for it. Needs oil to be charged. When I see windmills on houses maybe it’s getting better lol. Solar stinks
Wind stinks
Ocean moment is possible but not being used. thermal seems great but again very exp and little is done. now we do have alt methods no one will back
Hydrogen based extraction. By product is water and electric
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this was or is being used on space ships not joking.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Solar stinks? Tell it to Germany. We have not scratched the surface when it comes to efficiency.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Yes it’s very big there. But my point is does it actually help the planet. The cost and energy to make it and how long it lasts etc. from a carbon foot print view it’s just bad. Now does it save money to the owner yes but only if the gov kicks in money to help you. It’s just not viable as is. If it were to have tubes and photo for each cell to capture both electric and thermo it would be much better. Does any one make this product ? I’ll guess no so it’s a pyramid. I do installs or did anyway years ago I made money installing but as gov subs go lower or becomes a non viable job the same goes for the owner. From a purely save the planet and energy savings it’s bad. Eu has gas at 5 or 6 or higher we don’t so it does not work here.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The U.S.government subsidizes everything. It is called a tax deduction. Let us not discuss how they print money and give it away(capitalism).
The earth did just fine with the sun as its primary energy source. In fact all energy can be traced back to the sun.
You are correct. Actually harnessing that energy is a complex endeavor. Howver if we can split the atom...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
When gambling never let it all ride. When you are up it makes sense to cash.in a portion of your winnings. That way if thngs go south you will not go belly up. IMO

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Despite explanation "shorting stock" House of Lies I still dont get it.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It was an easy short on Tuesday. My guess is falls 50%+ based on the momo

another great prediction Keith but no one is listening. The market is down today whilst TSLA is up over 50 points

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
TSLA is a classic Cult Stock. Forgo any attempt at applying a valuation metric to this one. I wouldn’t buy it, I wouldn’t short it. The only rational approach to TSLA is to grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

Just this morning on CNBC ARK Invest chief investment officer Catherine Wood put a price target of $7000 on it. They’re going to have to sell a shit ton of Tesla cars to justify that kind of stock price.

In the short term, the stock market is a voting machine. In the long term, a weighing machine. The true weight of TSLA will, eventually, be realized.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
TSLA is a classic Cult Stock. Forgo any attempt at applying a valuation metric to this one. I wouldn’t buy it, I wouldn’t short it. The only rational approach to TSLA is to grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

Just this morning on CNBC ARK Invest chief investment officer Catherine Wood put a price target of $7000 on it. They’re going to have to sell a shit ton of Tesla cars to justify that kind of stock price.

In the short term, the stock market is a voting machine. In the long term, a weighing machine. The true weight of TSLA will, eventually, be realized.

It does seem like a gamble. I'd bet on it going up and down depending on who is leapfrogging who on new tech.

Elon has made Tesla the Apple of cars though, he almost did too good of a job, combined with other mfg'ers offerings like the Leaf and Bolt the Tesla is pretty much the only "cool" e-car and around here (Boulder, CO area) they are becoming one of the most common cars to see on the roads. And they are nice, I've driven a M3 Performance and it's impressive.

If he can keep Tesla ahead of the curve on battery and self-driving tech I think Tesla will continue it's growth. OTOH, if someone brings a significant advancement in battery tech to market first, it could make everything else obsolete. There could be YEARS where nobody can catch up. With ICE tech we're fighting for 1% better drivetrain or combustion efficiency, but with e-cars a new battery tech could be many times more efficient as far as energy density and/or cost vs current tech.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Tesla is like Parasite, don't underestimate ... Strap yourself tight and enjoy the high ride ...
Zero to 60 in less than 3 seconds ...
If you want to play it's a great game to lay down your guts and cash and tango ...

Let the music play and dance ...

Last edited:

Steve Williams

another great prediction Keith but no one is listening. The market is down today whilst TSLA is up over 50 points
and in after hours trading the stock was up another 23.61 bringing it once again very close to $900/share

Steve Williams

well once again Tesla is back over 900 per share as it is up $55/share so far today

I suppose the best way to describe Tesla is that it is not a car manufacturer per se but rather a technology company that is in business to make cars

Someone here post a link yesterday that in a Model 3 teardown and retro build the comment was that Tesla is years ahead of any competition and that Tesla at the moment could not be duplicated

Some have made comments that TSLA is like Bitcoin. I would beg to differ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing