FTA (Final Touch Audio) Callisto USB cable

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Jumping in late, but wanted to thank Goran for pointing out the FTA Callisto to me too !!!
Not that it just simply smoked my existing USB in texture, speed and punch, it changed the entire listening experience, at almost one third the usb cable price that it replaced.
Considering the price, this specific product deserves every praise it receives. Perfect performance on one side, super fair price politics on the other. Give that cable to a dude that has the focus on the margin only, this cable will sell 4 times the price, I'm sure of that.
Thumbs up, hat off Zoran, my honest regards for this achievement.
Looking forward to receive my test set of RCA, mains and Speakercable from Julian.
Will compare it with my Kondo SPS2.7, Theme 4.1 and Persimmon cables. Really curious about this as i believe the Kondo‘s are superb cables ! Though i can‘t help to compare it, because after installing the Callisto, i can see how the FTA line might probably speak more to me than the Kondo does.
I'll surely drop a note on my experience.

Ps.: love that little black bag that comes with the cable as well as the little hand written note, saying „ thank you and enjoy“.
Just so personal and lovely, completely off the marketing and sales ways of the world.

Passing the word remains the highest recommendation and biggest compliment!
In this specific thread I really don't like to write too much or at all. Rather leave it to you guys to write whatever you feel or see fit - good or bad.
Many thanks for decision to give it a try and secondly huge thanks for the kind words. Myself and Zoran really appreciate it deeply!

Take care and stay safe!

G

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Does the Callisto only come in USB A to B, or are other types available for the B, such as A to A?

Roasty

May 28, 2020
I am also keen to hear comparisons on the Sablon vs FTA Callisto.

I have a few usb cables, namely the Lush2, Mad Scientist Black Magic, and Triode Wire Labs Freedom. I just sold my Curious Evolved USB today.

I'm using the Black Magic for SOtM sMS-200Ultra Neo to SOtM txusbultra, Lush2 from txusbultra to singxer su-6 (and then phasure i2s to dacs) , and also triode freedom from txusbultra to holo spring 2.

I think the lush2 is great; will not be selling this. Am indifferent about the triode freedom usb; seems quite neutral to me. I chose to keep the black magic over the Curious Evolved as I felt the black magic had better bass and mids with more controlled highs.

Am looking to possibly change out the triode freedom, then move black magic to txusbultra to holo, and get a new cable between the two sotm units.

The callisto and sablon are similar in price (I believe)..

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I can’t answer your question, tho I have a Callisto on the way to compare with a TotalDac USB cable/filter in a run from SSD to Oppo. But I hadn’t heard of the Lush and wonder, looking at their website, if you would explain what seem like its multiple configuration possibilities are all about. Thanks,

tipunch

Jul 3, 2020
Switzerland
I am also keen to hear comparisons on the Sablon vs FTA Callisto.

I have a few usb cables, namely the Lush2, Mad Scientist Black Magic, and Triode Wire Labs Freedom. I just sold my Curious Evolved USB today.

I'm using the Black Magic for SOtM sMS-200Ultra Neo to SOtM txusbultra, Lush2 from txusbultra to singxer su-6 (and then phasure i2s to dacs) , and also triode freedom from txusbultra to holo spring 2.

I think the lush2 is great; will not be selling this. Am indifferent about the triode freedom usb; seems quite neutral to me. I chose to keep the black magic over the Curious Evolved as I felt the black magic had better bass and mids with more controlled highs.

Am looking to possibly change out the triode freedom, then move black magic to txusbultra to holo, and get a new cable between the two sotm units.

The callisto and sablon are similar in price (I believe)..

Hello,

I'm riding Lush^2 and I just receive a Callisto today. If you wait a little week I'll give you a feedback ;-)

Roasty

May 28, 2020
I can’t answer your question, tho I have a Callisto on the way to compare with a TotalDac USB cable/filter in a run from SSD to Oppo. But I hadn’t heard of the Lush and wonder, looking at their website, if you would explain what seem like its multiple configuration possibilities are all about. Thanks,

To be honest, I haven't tried any config other than the one it was shipped in. Supposedly, that is the most favourable one (based on other users' input and the guys own testing/tastes). I also have not tried the grounding attachments and just leave them free floating.

Roasty

May 28, 2020
Hello,

I'm riding Lush^2 and I just receive a Callisto today. If you wait a little week I'll give you a feedback ;-)

Oh man that would be awesome! Looking forward to your impressions. That will most certainly be helpful (but probably not for my wallet).

tipunch

Jul 3, 2020
Switzerland
Oh man that would be awesome! Looking forward to your impressions. That will most certainly be helpful (but probably not for my wallet).
I can already give the verdict after 50 hours. If that changes, I'll let you know later...
The most impressive aspect of the Callisto is, I think, the much wider and deeper sound staging than the Lush^2. And despite its enormous sound and fluid qualities, the images of the sound scene remain very articulated and precise. And always with that organic and natural side that the Lush^2 already offered a little bit.
In fact it's an upgrade of the Lush^2 at all levels.
I would always recommend the Lush^2 which is still a great cable for me, for example for someone with a smaller system or a smaller budget.
But clearly for me, there is no turning back now.

Roasty

May 28, 2020
I can already give the verdict after 50 hours. If that changes, I'll let you know later...
The most impressive aspect of the Callisto is, I think, the much wider and deeper sound staging than the Lush^2. And despite its enormous sound and fluid qualities, the images of the sound scene remain very articulated and precise. And always with that organic and natural side that the Lush^2 already offered a little bit.
In fact it's an upgrade of the Lush^2 at all levels.
I would always recommend the Lush^2 which is still a great cable for me, for example for someone with a smaller system or a smaller budget.
But clearly for me, there is no turning back now.

Looks like I'm gg to have to send Goran another pm..

Now my dilemma is.. I may need two of these cables. One from streamer to usb reclocker, and another from USB reclocker to ddc..

But thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

Reactions: christoph and Golum

Roasty

May 28, 2020
Thanks to @tipunch for giving me that nudge to place my order!

I just received the Final Touch Audio Callisto usb cable yesterday. Spent the past few hours listening to music.

For those who feel they've almost "completed" their system and looking to add that one last percent, this cable may well be that finishing touch (as the company name implies... lol).

I have the phasure lush2 and mad scientist black magic, triode wire labs discrete usb, (and previously curious evolved), and the fta callisto bests all of them.

Out of the box, the callisto takes away all upper registry edginess and glare; I had this with the lush2 but I mistook it for detail and clarity; only now is it apparent that I was poorly mistaken. Pinpoint imaging for vocals, better instrument placement, which makes for a more believable and dimensional soundstage.

Also, with this cable, nothing really jumps out in your face. At the same time, nothing is noticeably lacking. Everything seems to be balanced, in exactly the right amount. It is quite an odd feeling to finally have an idea of what people are trying to convey when they use terms like "coherence" in music.

In all fairness, the other cables I have are already very good but the callisto just takes it up another notch. If I could put a ruler and measure it, the actual differences in sound are probably really small, but the thing is, they're quite noticeable.

At the asking price, it is definitely in the diminishing returns category. But like I said... Finishing touches.

I have just ordered another one.

tipunch

Jul 3, 2020
Switzerland
Oh my god, i had to remove my IsoRegen because it was eating the 3D effect a bit... for those who have reclockers, try it without it's much better!!!:cool:
Or maybe it's just the USPCB A>B Adapter that's clogging up...:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: LampiNA

s_c

Dec 13, 2018
Yesterday I tried Callisto with Intona USB 2.0 High-Speed isolator - https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/intona/1.html
Result was similar, but in this case, there was literally no result at all - neither good, nor bad.
But...I tried another USB cable, diy, from my friend...and in this case sound was improved, but not so close to Callisto.

So...you need good cable and that's it ;)

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Oh my god, i had to remove my IsoRegen because it was eating the 3D effect a bit... for those who have reclockers, try it without it's much better!!!:cool:
Or maybe it's just the USPCB A>B Adapter that's clogging up...:confused:

I've had similar observations to this. I don't like anything other than Callisto between DAC and source, it seems the trade offs are always net negative.

Reactions: christoph

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I have an Acoustic Revive usb-1. Never had an issue. I don't hear glare or any issues. My digital plays up there with my vinyl. The best vinyl surpasses my digital. Not by a lot when I have a good rip from internal storage via HQ Player.

Anyhow, being a junkie I was thinking of trying a Shunyata Alpha USB as friends have been raving about it. Its about a $1,000 cable like the Callisto.

Anyone hear the Shunyata and have a comparison.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
No one has hear a mid/upper tear Shunyata and a FTA usb?

richard_crl032

Sep 10, 2019
Singapore
Thanks to @tipunch for giving me that nudge to place my order!

I just received the Final Touch Audio Callisto usb cable yesterday. Spent the past few hours listening to music.

For those who feel they've almost "completed" their system and looking to add that one last percent, this cable may well be that finishing touch (as the company name implies... lol).

I have the phasure lush2 and mad scientist black magic, triode wire labs discrete usb, (and previously curious evolved), and the fta callisto bests all of them.

Out of the box, the callisto takes away all upper registry edginess and glare; I had this with the lush2 but I mistook it for detail and clarity; only now is it apparent that I was poorly mistaken. Pinpoint imaging for vocals, better instrument placement, which makes for a more believable and dimensional soundstage.

Also, with this cable, nothing really jumps out in your face. At the same time, nothing is noticeably lacking. Everything seems to be balanced, in exactly the right amount. It is quite an odd feeling to finally have an idea of what people are trying to convey when they use terms like "coherence" in music.

In all fairness, the other cables I have are already very good but the callisto just takes it up another notch. If I could put a ruler and measure it, the actual differences in sound are probably really small, but the thing is, they're quite noticeable.

At the asking price, it is definitely in the diminishing returns category. But like I said... Finishing touches.

I have just ordered another one.

Hi Roasty,

Not sure if you had tried and believe it is worthwhile in view of the small $ involved for inclusion of a usd40 ifi identifier 3.0 if you will find obvious sound quality improvement as I did in what I believe what we want is avoiding 5v supply running along data line of whatever usb cable and regardless of its effective isolation/shielding.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/idefender3-0/

While using black 0v usb output of the 5v did not work for my 0.6m oyaide continental 5s with the ifi idefender 3.0 to my denafrips terminator plus dac, plugging it to 5v on usb output did .. learnt that is is not the 5v supply per se but for triggering usb input of my terminator plus dac which is why 0v output did not work.

For dac that indeed needs 5v supply, the ifi identifier 3.0 has such input for your choice of any lps via mini usb connector.

Cheers.

Richard

16018760833935538491320440194074.jpg Screenshot_20201005-112309_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: JoeyGun

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing