Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer (HBO) and episode one synopsis

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Keith

my only gripe with the lengthy battle scene was that it was all night scenes and even with my 4K TV I was having a tough time making out who was doing what to whom BUT there were a lot of well knowns who met their demise

I just thought it was way too dark to make out most anything.
Totally agree! Watched it con my laptop and couldn't find a good angle for much of the initial battles. Ridiculously dark!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I watched it again and didn’t have as many issues. Still loved the episode despite the existential flaws. Another 78 minutes tonight!

Emilia Clarke said episode 5 shatters all expectations.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Team Sansa takes a step forward!

Shortest redemption ever for Jaime unless he is going to hold the title of Queenslayer as well

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I believe the latter Keith.

Jaime can only find redemption by killing Cersei

The other take away for me was that Dany loves sitting on the iron throne more than she loves sitting on Jon Snow :)

Dany is going to die one way or another

Steve Williams

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I thought they were going to kill Tyrion right there. Enjoyed the first half of the episode in Winterfell during the feast, but the rest was a mess.

I'm curious what Sansa was whispering under her breath when Jaime saw her. Something about advisers.

Truly hope this doesn't end in a Mad Queen character arc.

Steve Williams

I agree. I thought Cersei was going to order Tyrion killed

Dany was finally portrayed in a different light which for me spells a showdown and there were hints by the eunuch that she needs to be taken out because Jon Snow is more favored and they could never rule together.

Im still waiting to see what if any part Ghost will have

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Dany, Sanza and Cercei are toast. Greyworm takes out Cercei. Jaime takes out Eron before he dies. The Hound gets his brother. Not sure how Sanza dies yet.

Jon will lead the new Republic. Tyrion will be a Senator. Varyes is toast.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Sansa has gone "evil". Irrational hatred for Dany. She has hers coming.

Greyworm should get Sansa or the Mound, but the Hound will likely get his brother. Maybe he gets Euron instead. Soooo many lining up for Cersei...Jamie, Greyworm, Arya, even Tyrion.

I see a Republic forming...

Steve Williams

Sansa has gone "evil". Irrational hatred for Dany. She has hers coming.

Greyworm should get Sansa or the Mound, but the Hound will likely get his brother. Maybe he gets Euron instead. Soooo many lining up for Cersei...Jamie, Greyworm, Arya, even Tyrion.

I see a Republic forming...
But!!!!!

You have to remember that Jon has told his remaining sibs his true ancestry. Sansa has changed indeed. She wants her brother on the Iron Throne and perhaps senses Dany to be power hungry. She also wants to be Queen of the North

She also knows that Dany is Jon’s aunt

Reactions: KeithR

Steve Williams

Not that it would affect the story line but has anyone considered that Arya could be pregnant. She said no to getting married so I would think if she is pregnant she is going to die as she could never be a mother to the baby

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Dany, Sanza and Cercei are toast. Greyworm takes out Cercei. Jaime takes out Eron before he dies. The Hound gets his brother. Not sure how Sanza dies yet.

Jon will lead the new Republic. Tyrion will be a Senator. Varyes is toast.

I can’t see this as Jon doesn’t want any throne or leadership role. He wants to be back at Castle Black (coincidently where Ghost is going).

Sansa is smarter than all of them and would fulfill the prophecy from Cersei’s childhood still, while most have thought that would be Daenerys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I loved the Hounds (Clegane) face when all of the accolades were being thrown out while being drunk. I am guessing Sansa will end up Queen also. Daenerys is going mad just like her family heritage. Don't get me started on the boats with the ballista and killing Rhaegal!

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I can’t see this as Jon doesn’t want any throne or leadership role. He wants to be back at Castle Black (coincidently where Ghost is going).

Sansa is smarter than all of them and would fulfill the prophecy from Cersei’s childhood still, while most have thought that would be Daenerys.
Dunno, these writers like to throw in surprises and Jon as Lead Senator would not have a throne...but be there to guide the future. Sansa disliked Dany from the start without cause...long befire she knew the real identity of Jon Snow. Greyworm will have his revenge before he dies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing