Game of Thrones | Season 8 | Official Trailer (HBO) and episode one synopsis

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
There are rumours that there will be another season to make up for this disastrous one. I can only hope it becomes more than a rumour and that it will be written by Martin instead of the two clowns who did Season 8. Shouldn't be a problem because I read in a recent interview with Martin that he's got enough material for five(!) more seasons.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
There are rumours that there will be another season to make up for this disastrous one. I can only hope it becomes more than a rumour and that it will be written by Martin instead of the two clowns who did Season 8. Shouldn't be a problem because I read in a recent interview with Martin that he's got enough material for five(!) more seasons.

Martin even finishing the last two books would be a far greater achievement. Its been 8 years since Dances with Dragons and the last two were pretty bad.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
1D2CA76A-D5D1-43DD-867F-C743D55B4569.jpeg

Reactions: jeff1225

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
The ability of dragon fire to destroy castle walls is in the canon of GOT. When dragons first came to Westeros, Aegon Targarrian destroyed Harrehal, the largest castle in the realm. In the Burning of Harrenhal, Aegon used his dragon Balerion to roast King Harren and all of his sons alive within their own tower. Harrenhal was blasted with dragonfire and left half-ruined.

Harrenhal.jpg

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well, Vegas had it right on the end. Not sure it was an exceptional episode but still satisfying. I’m just sad that it ended after 9 years.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Well, Vegas had it right on the end. Not sure it was an exceptional episode but still satisfying. I’m just sad that it ended after 9 years.
I feel the same way. Sad to see it end but hopeful there may be a spinoff. There are a few potential storylines.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I thought it was a somewhat tame and feeble ending BUT with the hope of those 5 more seasons

Jon sets off to start his new kingdom with the Free from Castle Black and Arya is sailing west of Westeros

Will there be more.....unlikely but the ending holds out the hope for retribution

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I agree Steve and would go further...the ending was lame...a dud, really. ZZZZZ episode to end it all.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Jon kills Dany in the throne room. Sansa becomes queen... Jon goes back to the north to guard the wall and reacquaints with Ghost, his wolf. Evidence of white walkers show up with weird animal deaths up North. Bran repairs the wall with his magic.
Nailed MOST of it. Wall repaired but by whom? No evidence of White walker animal deaths. Jon SENT rather than goes back to Castle Black. Jon killing Dany was a no-brainer. Ghost was a nice touch! I was not sure if Tyrion would live..glad he did!

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
On the Today show this morning they announced that 2 prequels were already in the works that take place centuries before the start of GOT

I thought the ending was soft and thoughtless and that too many got off too easy

The only inspiration at the end was the door was left open for more to come

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I actually liked the last episode and thought that everything was settled like it should have been in the end and more important, it all made sense this time. Didn't expect this level of quality looking back at some previous episodes of this season.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
They should make a sequel where they go back in time and stop Joffrey from becoming king in the first place. That will be a blockbuster

Mark Seaton

WBF Technical Expert (Speaker & Acoustics)
May 21, 2010
Chicago, IL
www.seatonsound.net
I thought it was a somewhat tame and feeble ending BUT with the hope of those 5 more seasons

Jon sets off to start his new kingdom with the Free from Castle Black and Arya is sailing west of Westeros

Will there be more.....unlikely but the ending holds out the hope for retribution

I wasn't the ending we lusted for, but as I got past that it did come full circle for those who started watching in season 1. I did love the Drogon melting the Iron throne, but was disappointed we didn't get to see how Jon told everyone what happened, as there was no evidence left other than a pool of blood and melted throne. I also expected more action from Arya.

In a FB group one member posted up this comment from his friend made almost 4 years ago:

GOT-predictions.jpg

If you look at it from that perspective, many things make more sense. Bran's story was key to the conclusion. Sansa finally became a queen of Winterfell after originally being set to marry Joffrey. Arya was always the one who didn't fit in and wanted to break away from the path of "a Lady," and in some of the very first episodes Jon stated to Arya "life's not fair" with respect to who gets to do what based on names and titles. It wrapped up in a way reminiscent of the start, but with all the self-proclaimed nobles ousted and a new generation/class of rulers.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Reactions: Macattack

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing