Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
As you now know since you are a proud owner, the K15Ex has that silky sound to it. To me it is quite a 'full' sound highly dense in nature if that makes any sense. The K70 are even more so to be honest. It's a sound that fully envelops you and I imagine with the Gryphon it's a magical combination as Gryphon is pretty full on too (as an ex owner of the mono Colloseums). The ANUK M10 Sig, to my ears, is a little more dynamic. Going back to back the K15ex sounds a little more sleepy compared to the ANUK with it's huge Galahad dual power supplies but I think this difference is only really noticed when you compare A/B in a short period. I had some hum issues with my power supply with the ANUK which meant installation of dedicated lines. On the K15ex it was silent. I'm not sure how the Koda managed to be silent when the AN's hum was deafening. May be it's a tube/ss thing. The steroidal M10 is getting better though as it burns in and settles down and the sound is becoming more dense. Of course it doesnt help that I had the new lines put in with new RCCB, MCB and even new plugs as I decided to reuse some of my previous 20A PC for the amps. So I need to give it a month or so at least to settle and burn in. The first 72hrs after the new line was put in there was literally no bass and no highs. It was bloody awful. Hope that helps!
Hi Howiebrou,

Thanks! That is really interesting to read. I have read about Robert Koda and 'ultimate dynamics' before. I have also read that the K15EX made a big improvement over the regular K15. I wonder if the Superground version of the K15EX further helped in this regard. I suspect the K15EX is more about noise floor than pure dynamic range though there is some link.

Meanwhile, will be interesting to hear how you get on with the ANUK M10 as it settles in during the next month. Enjoy and do please update when you can!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hi Howiebrou,

Thanks! That is really interesting to read. I have read about Robert Koda and 'ultimate dynamics' before. I have also read that the K15EX made a big improvement over the regular K15. I wonder if the Superground version of the K15EX further helped in this regard. I suspect the K15EX is more about noise floor than pure dynamic range though there is some link.

Meanwhile, will be interesting to hear how you get on with the ANUK M10 as it settles in during the next month. Enjoy and do please update when you can!
Will do. I have never heard the super ground version but the standard version was already silent so not sure what there is to gain unless you have a lot of noise in your system but I have been told the upgrade is worthwhile.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Will do. I have never heard the super ground version but the standard version was already silent so not sure what there is to gain unless you have a lot of noise in your system but I have been told the upgrade is worthwhile.
Great and look forward to reading more about your ANUK M10! As for Superground, I cannot say obviously...however, with highgain systems, perhaps it also helps. The Mephisto is 31db of gain, and the Wilson XLFs are 93.5db...the CJ GAT 2 was 21db or gain whereas the Robert Koda K15EX is 8db...but by the volume control, it is clear the system has high gain.

The Robert Koda is designed for volume dial around 12 o'clock...(20 notches on the dial) and we use anywhere from 1 notch to 9 for music and use 20 (12 o'clock) for watching films where the soundtracks are generally lower than CDs.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Great and look forward to reading more about your ANUK M10! As for Superground, I cannot say obviously...however, with highgain systems, perhaps it also helps. The Mephisto is 31db of gain, and the Wilson XLFs are 93.5db...the CJ GAT 2 was 21db or gain whereas the Robert Koda K15EX is 8db...but by the volume control, it is clear the system has high gain.

The Robert Koda is designed for volume dial around 12 o'clock...(20 notches on the dial) and we use anywhere from 1 notch to 9 for music and use 20 (12 o'clock) for watching films where the soundtracks are generally lower than CDs.
It always unnerved me a little to turn the volume past 12 O'Clock on the Koda o_O

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing