Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Very nice. They must sound amazing. Congrats.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Howie. You probably change amp more often than @Lagonda changes his underwear. Put some corticosteroids on your itches my friend. :)

Reactions: Lagonda

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Keep the journey going Howie. The Noblesse is an amazing beast!

Reactions: howiebrou

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Dear Howie. You probably change amp more often than @Lagonda changes his underwear. Put some corticosteroids on your itches my friend. :)
LOL ! Touché Tango, Touché ! :p 65D6F56C-B3C4-4998-8366-7B29FC0FDA2E.jpeg

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Hey Howie, you've had quite the collection of gear over the years. What have been your favorite pieces?

thanks for the delightful thread journey

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Hey Howie, you've had quite the collection of gear over the years. What have been your favorite pieces?

thanks for the delightful thread journey
I guess it depends on the speaker combo but as far as amps go I have always enjoyed tube preamps coupled with solid state power amps. This Kind of combo provides the musicality and muscle and control that I enjoy. Kondo has always played well with me and the Ongaku and Sonus Faber Stradivarius was a favourite of mine for many years as were the Kaguras with Aidas. Goldmund 2500 amps with a Kondo M77 preamp was also a great combo and I seem to have come full circle with the AN UK M10 Sig preamp with the Analog Domain amps. Even given the 95dB of the Goebels, I felt they would welcome a bit more power than the Koda amps could produce. I hope I’m right. The Koda amps remain a favourite.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Thanks Elliot. These Goebels remain my all time favourite an I think they couple well with many brands of amplification.
They will certainly show you the differences and still sound great.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I guess it depends on the speaker combo but as far as amps go I have always enjoyed tube preamps coupled with solid state power amps. This Kind of combo provides the musicality and muscle and control that I enjoy. Kondo has always played well with me and the Ongaku and Sonus Faber Stradivarius was a favourite of mine for many years as were the Kaguras with Aidas. Goldmund 2500 amps with a Kondo M77 preamp was also a great combo and I seem to have come full circle with the AN UK M10 Sig preamp with the Analog Domain amps. Even given the 95dB of the Goebels, I felt they would welcome a bit more power than the Koda amps could produce. I hope I’m right. The Koda amps remain a favourite.
Chuffed to have found your system thread Howie. Been following your signature with growing amazement, and increasing appetite for more info.
Have you tried the Koda pre with the Analogue Domain power amps?

Bickering aside, great thread.
May i make a cheeky photo request Howie...might your Sp10 mkiii ngs up for meeting the public?
And possibly a clarification....your relationship with hip hop, electronica.
Is that work or pleasure?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have to say I agree with Howiebrou...and also infinitely baffled. I ran a CJ tubed pre for 20 consecutive years (14L, ACT 2, GAT 1, GAT 2)...the vast majority of that time with Class A SS. What a combination.

And now, for the first time EVER, we have a SS preamp...the Robert Koda K15EX.

Last edited:
Reactions: infinitely baffled

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I'd love to hear your Koda K15 EX with Boulder 2160. Perhaps we should meet at Shakti's?

I wonder if it's a better match than my Wavac...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Who can say? Its all personal. What I can say, having considered the Wavac PRT1, Robert Koda K10 (many years ago), CJ GAT 1 as well as the original Zanden 3000 Mk1...is that feedback i got from a dealer of 3 of them was that:
- Wavac was the most colorful, perhaps dancing to its own meter/tune
- Zanden very, very placid and clear
- CJ also placid but with greater drive and tonal depth
- Robert Koda the closest competitor sound-wise to CJ of the bunch

This was around 2010...so quite some time ago for ALL of these designers...each of whom has significantly advanced the ball on their respective designs (perhaps other than Wavac?)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Robert Koda has announced on their website that Absolute Sounds is their exclusive UK distributor. http://robert-koda.com/

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Chuffed to have found your system thread Howie. Been following your signature with growing amazement, and increasing appetite for more info.

Bickering aside, great thread.
May i make a cheeky photo request Howie...might your Sp10 mkiii ngs up for meeting the public?
And possibly a clarification....your relationship with hip hop, electronica.
Is that work or pleasure?
Yes I did try the K15Ex with the analog Domain Amps. Another great combination. It certainly works and I think at this stage it is more preference than who is better. I could live with the K15ex driving the AD amps or the ANUK M10 Sig. Also yes I will get some snaps of the AF SP!0mk3NGS tt. As for e;ectronica, now I’m confused. I’m not sure if it’s neither work nor pleasure!

Reactions: infinitely baffled

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes I did try the K15Ex with the analog Domain Amps. Another great combination. It certainly works and I think at this stage it is more preference than who is better. I could live with the K15ex driving the AD amps or the ANUK M10 Sig. Also yes I will get some snaps of the AF SP!0mk3NGS tt. As for e;ectronica, now I’m confused. I’m not sure if it’s neither work nor pleasure!
Fascinating...how do the K15EX and the ANUK M10 Sig compare? Would appreciate any listening notes!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Fascinating...how do the K15EX and the ANUK M10 Sig compare? Would appreciate any listening notes!
As you now know since you are a proud owner, the K15Ex has that silky sound to it. To me it is quite a 'full' sound highly dense in nature if that makes any sense. The K70 are even more so to be honest. It's a sound that fully envelops you and I imagine with the Gryphon it's a magical combination as Gryphon is pretty full on too (as an ex owner of the mono Colloseums). The ANUK M10 Sig, to my ears, is a little more dynamic. Going back to back the K15ex sounds a little more sleepy compared to the ANUK with it's huge Galahad dual power supplies but I think this difference is only really noticed when you compare A/B in a short period. I had some hum issues with my power supply with the ANUK which meant installation of dedicated lines. On the K15ex it was silent. I'm not sure how the Koda managed to be silent when the AN's hum was deafening. May be it's a tube/ss thing. The steroidal M10 is getting better though as it burns in and settles down and the sound is becoming more dense. Of course it doesnt help that I had the new lines put in with new RCCB, MCB and even new plugs as I decided to reuse some of my previous 20A PC for the amps. So I need to give it a month or so at least to settle and burn in. The first 72hrs after the new line was put in there was literally no bass and no highs. It was bloody awful. Hope that helps!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing