Goebel Divin Noblesse Speakers in Da House!

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Yes. They seem to be a particular good fit with these. I guess you have heard them endless times with your CH gear but have you heard any other tube amps driving them?

Give the Aries Cerat Concero 65s a chance...

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Well don't want to be a party breaker but I heard several times Aeon Ref with their bass towers at Florian demo room (with several audiophile buddies together) and each single time we were quite disappointed with the performance whilst hearing Stenheim and Wilson Benesch in that same room with same stack of CHP electronics created quite the opposite effect...
FYI. The speakers that CH has in their listening room are old production speakers they are NOT Aeon series but rather many years before. Just want to make sure we get the facts correct SIr!

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The Aeon Reference i listen in Gober company are really fantastic
Very natural and coherence with his flat driver
I like a lot

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
No need to be upset - we all hear differently so if you believe they are perfect just enjoy them as well as your customers. Btw we visited Florian mid last year and before that I was there during 2018 and both times speakers were as per picture below...
FYI. The speakers that CH has in their listening room are old production speakers they are NOT Aeon series but rather many years before. Just want to make sure we get the facts correct SIr!
Goebel.jpg Goebel 2.jpg

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Golum,

Were they using the massive sub in the left corner? Do you have any thoughts on that one? Curious given that their approach is 8 or 16 back-to-back facing 8" cones in a single elegant tower or half-tower, self-powered or passive. Thanks for any insights.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Actually there were two bass towers - one on the left side and one on the right side (which i did not manage to capture) and yes they were both on so our view/impression was created based on entire system being deployed.
For rest i’ll rather call fifth amandment...
Golum,

Were they using the massive sub in the left corner? Do you have any thoughts on that one? Curious given that their approach is 8 or 16 back-to-back facing 8" cones in a single elegant tower or half-tower, self-powered or passive. Thanks for any insights.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
You're quite right... A double parallel single-ended... I was distracted by the overall maxi rated Power, unusually High in a single-ended amp..
Thanks a lot!
Marco
Yes, very high for SE. I have heard them but not for many years. They look amazing in real life as they as absolutely huge and beautifully crafted.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
No need to be upset - we all hear differently so if you believe they are perfect just enjoy them as well as your customers. Btw we visited Florian mid last year and before that I was there during 2018 and both times speakers were as per picture below...
View attachment 63706 View attachment 63708
I as aware of what they look like however they are NOT Aeon series and are not current production. I have been there myself and I know what they have. These are older speakers and probably made around 5 4-5 years ago before the Aeons came out. I am not upset but I do want the record straight. You are entitled to like and dislike what is your preference but I do want the facts straight as the Aeon is a major upgrade of the past.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I wonder how the Air Tight ATM 3211 or ATM2001 monoblocks would sound on the Noblesse?

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
I wonder how the Air Tight ATM 3211 or ATM2001 monoblocks would sound on the Noblesse?

I am also very interested in finding out how ATM 3211 would be with Noblesse. I think there is an agent in Thailand who has that combination along with CH Precision and Dart 468. He sometimes posts/shares photos on this Forum but I can't recall his details. I believe Jonathan Valin will be publishing a review of the ATM 3211 in the coming months. His summary (published in the Editors Choice issue March 2020) was very, very positive. I have that issue and can email you the review if you like...just PM me.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Actually there were two bass towers - one on the left side and one on the right side (which i did not manage to capture) and yes they were both on so our view/impression was created based on entire system being deployed.
Hi Golum

Thanks...I have PM'd you.

Reactions: Golum

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Actually there aren't two bass towers of Gobel in that room. I went back and checked my pictures since I did not think they had two bass units, and they don't. 2018-05-15 17.08.05.jpg

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Actually there aren't two bass towers of Gobel in that room. I went back and checked my pictures since I did not think they had two bass units, and they don't. View attachment 63728
For this part i apologize as you are right - I just checked my all pictures and this is the case.

IMG_4649.JPG

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
For this part i apologize as you are right - I just checked my all pictures and this is the case.

View attachment 63736
I am right on both parts, one woofer and old speakers. What they sounded like in that room on your visit I have no clue. I do know what the news sound like in my room and a few members here have heard them when set up correctly and IMHO you might feel different if you did as well. Thank you. Stay safe

Reactions: Golum

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So Howie they should be broken in by now and have settled into your space. How are you doing ?

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Nice! Are those a bit smaller overall than the Stenheims?

Which amps are you preferring at the moment on the speakers? This is one of the better conventional speakers I have heard and the use of pro-style (not sure if they are really pro drivers but sure look like them) drivers is gaining more and more acceptance as properties such as dynamics are moving more into the audiophile lexicon.

They are a tad shorter but wider and deeper I think. Also about one hundred pounds heavier. The Kaguras are going back tomorrow. I can hang onto the Eric's a little longer. Overall I would say the Engstrom perform better on the Gobels. The Kaguras are really nice but I think they struggle a little with the 6db of gain in the Robert Koda preamp. With a Kondo preamp at 20+ db gain it would probably be a different story.

Reactions: Jcdenton

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
So Howie they should be broken in by now and have settled into your space. How are you doing ?

I have no idea how many hours are on them as I don't keep tabs but they are sounding lovely. There is an immediacy to the sound that I am really liking.

Reactions: Elliot G.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
They are a tad shorter but wider and deeper I think. Also about one hundred pounds heavier. The Kaguras are going back tomorrow. I can hang onto the Eric's a little longer. Overall I would say the Engstrom perform better on the Gobels. The Kaguras are really nice but I think they struggle a little with the 6db of gain in the Robert Koda preamp. With a Kondo preamp at 20+ db gain it would probably be a different story.
What about a Robert Koda amp??

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing