H J s system !

here are some experimental CAD designs of the new MTM model , this is not the final design, also this one has wooden inlays .
Aimed sensitivity > 94 db , and > 8 ohm impedance minimum ,aimed measured response : flat response +- 1 db 300 hz - 18 khz .
XPE stands for experimental - preserve - energy.

Material : aluminium 6082 T651 alloy

speaker prototype by andromeda61, on Flickr

speaker prototype by andromeda61, on Flickr

Last edited:
beautiful...will you be running them on top of a larger bass unit, or a separate bass unit? I recall somewhere that you had in mind something seriously full range.

Yes , the MTM is designed to be part of a system , it will be placed on top of the soon to be followed bassunit with 11 /13 inch woofers
It can be used as a standalone speaker though , no limitations against that whatsoever.
Used as a system the mtm will be adjustable in angle , up /down aimable at the listener .

Its a rainy sundayafternoon in holland and i tried to make the you tube thing work, i discovered some old camera i had had a videofunction on it .
Its a scene from heat [ a bit violent:D] and i try to prove 8 watts are powerfull although the sound/video quality isnt very good, i might buy a more decent one later, its only zanden integrated no preamp
I might upload some tape music as well , the noise is probably added by the built in microphone its only a 100 $ camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUhEtczwC4

tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KkQgAz7Kb4&feature=youtu.be

coming next B 62 with its selfrecorded pianotapes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ShUwF8_Eu0&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
great stuff...the piano recordings were my favorite! I like the apparent weight of the keyboard...seemed proper from what I could tell by the recording. thanks for posting.

Got another update from the manufacturer today , due to avialability of 40 mm compact material[high pressure laminate ] the speaker will now be a tower design of 1300 mm tall , sloping front , 2 6 inch mids and tw in mtm configuration , 2 sideways firing woofers 1 13 inch low firing and a 11 inch high firing ,40 mm braced complete hpl , bye bye vibrations ;), all black high gloss laquer , iv e got good hopes on this one:D
It will be deeper than the initial one for the required internal volume

Last edited:
Its a go , id say 99 % chance , i ll show the audiophile community what can be bought for around 65 k euros advised retail price , it ll give all a blast to the past :D.
A completely non resonant full range audiothrill.
No direct sale anymore only through retail , the site will also get a makeover and it ll be in english .
Having heard some competition lately i m quite confident, everything i ve learned from previous designs will be corrected in this one and then some, and its a very expirienced professional company thats gonna make them , the paintjob costs as much as a small high end speaker

Last edited:
Great! what is the release date?

The estimate is around 4-5 month time , although i havent discussed a deadline with the company , my estimate is 1-1,5 month time for manufacturing ,then i ll pick them up and after that 2-3 months for x -over design /measuring/listening.
I ll make pics of the manufacturingprocess

Last edited:
The estimate is around 4-5 month time , although i havent discussed a deadline with the company , my estimate is 1-1,5 month time for manufacturing ,then i ll pick them up and after that 2-3 months for x -over design /measuring/listening.
I ll make pics of the manufacturingprocess

Look forward to the pics! Very exciting.

View attachment box-2.pdf

Overview of the design, fully made from HPL ,bracing incl.
The plate with C on it stands for closed , it ll be the only tuning possible with the design , room dependable its either a bassreflex or a closed system, bassreflex pipe is a cnc machined /bead blasted /anodized one
Custom footers and a lot of other custom features

Last edited:
View attachment 13650

Overview of the design, fully made from HPL ,bracing incl.
The plate with C on it stands for closed , it ll be the only tuning possible with the design , room dependable its either a bassreflex or a closed system, bassreflex pipe is a cnc machined /bead blasted /anodized one
Custom footers and a lot of other custom features
Thanks...so if i read it right, it's MTM, ported for mid or upper bass?, 2 side firing woofers? Sorry if I got that wrong.

Thanks...so if i read it right, it's MTM, ported for mid or upper bass?, 2 side firing woofers? Sorry if I got that wrong.

I re-read and went back to the diagram...I think that you mean it can be ported but does not have to be. You can close the port. Yes?

The MTM section is closed , the woofersection is bassreflex but it can be closed if placement is an issue or the room doesn't match optimal
The baffle is connected to the rest of the walls via an industrial relatively stiff " elastomeer" to absorb any possible vibrations further and its also done for practical reasons as it prevents the laquer from cracking, due to any possible working of the material

Last edited:
The MTM section is closed , the woofersection is bassreflex but it can be closed if placement is an issue or the room doesn't match optimal
The baffle is connected to the rest of the walls via an industrial relatively stiff " elastomeer" to absorb any possible vibrations further and its also done for practical reasons as it prevents the laquer from cracking, due to any possible working of the material

Thanks! What is the main material you will be using? Wood, metal or composite?

HPL only , high pressure laminate , which is paper drenched in phenolic resin , a heating pressurization process , very hard /strong / non resonant material .
So its a composite material 40 mm thick , to end all cabinet resonances once and for all :D
I ll take pics in the near future of the material and machining

Last edited:
HPL only , high pressure laminate , which is paper drenched in phenolic resin and then heated / pressurized, very hard /strong / non resonant material .
So its a composite material 40 mm thick , to end all cabinet resonances once and for all :D

40 mm thick HPL will not resonate if you Drive a Truck across it :).

zz.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing