Harbottle Audio subs as upgrade

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Westlake Village, CA, USA
I recently ordered (but not received yet) a pair of Harbottle Cassini Tradition 115T (15 inch active) to replace my two JL Audio Fathom F110 v.2 subs on the recommendation of my long time dealer (Acoustic Frontiers). Also currently using a JL Audio CR-1. I use the subs for two 2Channel and home theater. Does anyone have experience with Harbottle subs that can give me a hint on what to expect?

Reactions: af428
Didn't your dealer, who made the recommendation, tell you what to expect? I did visit their website. Very hyperbolic. Given that you owned a well recognized, high performance product, I hope you like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: XV-1
I recently ordered (but not received yet) a pair of Harbottle Cassini Tradition 115T (15 inch active) to replace my two JL Audio Fathom F110 v.2 subs on the recommendation of my long time dealer (Acoustic Frontiers). Also currently using a JL Audio CR-1. I use the subs for two 2Channel and home theater. Does anyone have experience with Harbottle subs that can give me a hint on what to expect?
Harbottle and Funk Audio are connected. They are some of the best subs on the planet. Google Funk and you shud find out u need to know.

Reactions: Lxgreen
I am no technie, but I have genuinely enjoyed speaking to Nathan Funk, and he is both passionate and it appears quite knowledgeable. Additionally, there are some quite serious system owners (Mike Lavigne) who own Funk subs.

I myself have long been weighing up the ultimate design of custom dual subs for the system, and feel confident Nathan Funk currently is at the top of that list. i do not understand the difference between Harbottle subs and Funk subs. But they do clearly have quite a close relationship as per the Funk Audio website.

Reactions: Lxgreen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing