Harbottle C18L2

n+1

Jan 4, 2023
Anybody using a Harbottle C18 subwoofer in a 2 channel music only system?

Or has anybody heard a Harbottle sub in a 2 channel music only system?

I've had REL subs before and I want to try something else. I don't need to be convinced about the efficacy of subs. For me, REL has become a bit of a car dealer in that they're always putting on "the sell." I feel like they're always asking me, "now what do I have to do to get you behind the wheel of this beauty?" I get it. They're a business, and they need to grow, therefore they need to sell.

Back to Harbottle. Any experience out there?

M-dB

Apr 2, 2017
Since I have a home in the same area code as the owners of the company that assembled your previous sub-bass speaker pay taxes in, well...
Your used car analogy sounds like your ready for more than just some chrome bits, shiny paint and a crowned cyclops?

No experience with Harbottle. There's a mention of Funk, as in Funk Firm Subwoofer's? No experience with those either but I've read some positive first hand by experienced users.

At this price point I would expect some easy to use remote controlled automatic and manual signal processing including a calibrated mic, software and test tones. But that's me.

The brief website setups manual adjustments seem adequate. There's mention of presets which suggest software and memory?
["Let the guy who designed your sub tune it for your room."] Do you live near this 'guy'?

After having one of those sub-bass speakers myself I imagine the Harbottle should offer far more than just a noticeable improvement.

All the best.
M

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
There is really no comparison between a REL and a Funk Audio sub. It’s like comparing a Kia Stinger to a Singer 911 (to maintain the car analogy)!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing