Here's a First Look at iPhone 14 Pro's New Dynamic Island Notch

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Two weeks ago I replaced an iPhone X which suddenly became sick with an iPhone 13 Pro. I should’ve waited three weeks.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Steve Williams

Two weeks ago I replaced an iPhone X which suddenly became sick with an iPhone 13 Pro. I should’ve waited three weeks.
Apple always releases their new version in Sept. Used to occasionally be October

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think I vaguely knew the new ones were coming out, but I am somebody who would rather have the last machine off the production line than the first one.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
I think I vaguely knew the new ones were coming out, but I am somebody who would rather have the last machine off the production line than the first one.
If you travel overseas frequently, the 13 Pro could be a better choice as it has both a physical sim card slot, and the so called E SIM, allowing one just to pop in a local operator's sim card, and still use your US cell providers on the virtual ESIM using the same phone, whereas the new 14 Pro is ESIM only in the US . I presume Apple thinks the US citizens don't travel often to other countries, so while travelling overseas even in the "developed" countries good luck trying to locate a local cell provider's office and get them to give the esim, instead of just buying the physical sim & data package for 20 Euros right at the airport. The fairlytales of Apple corporate about how widespread the ESIMs have become thru-out the world IMHO are one of the worse unintended consequences of marijuana legalization in California. Speaking from personal experience. The rest of the world gets the version of !4 PRO with physical sim slot....

Last edited:
Reactions: analogsa

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you very much for this interesting background information and explanation. You have mollified my cognitive dissonance! :)

Reactions: AudioLibertarian

Steve Williams

The fairlytales of Apple corporate about how widespread the ESIMs have become thru-out the world IMHO are one of the worse unintended consequences of marijuana legalization in California. Speaking from personal experience. The rest of the world gets the version of !4 PRO with physical sim slot...
what the heck are you talking about . I start a thread on the new iPhone and suddenly you are posting about marijuana legalization in California. WTF???

Reactions: Ron Resnick

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If Apple jumps one and calls it iPhone 15 no one will know no one is keeping track

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
My fav iPhones were the S version it was the fix for a given model
they got smart and did away with it.
I’m still on 12 pro max for two
but to me Samsung makes the better phones sorry lol.
I got a Samsung note 20g or something
it’s much faster and apple can’t lock things up for alt apps and uses.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Alrainbow

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
King Charles III sounds like an Apple product

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing