Hi Guys

WullieD20

Dec 2, 2010
Scotland
Hi Guys,

I found your forum while doing some internet searching for reviews of gear, more specifically the Allnic Puritas cartridge.

I've been into HiFi and music for many years now (although I don't play anything more musical than my hifi) and possess what I consider to be a pretty reasonable system, so look forward to getting involved and hopefully contributing some useful views as we go along,

Cheers for now,

WD20.

Thanks Ron.... ha ha ha..... It was the VERY album that you use as your avatar that caused me to discard the Puritas cart in favour of my Transfig. Orpheus..... as a result of Pete's voice sounding so unnatural!!!!. Curious.

I Go Swimming!

Welcome WD20!

John

Hi WD20 and welcome. I noticed that you are a fellow LP12 user...:cool:
I also noticed you are using a Sole subchassis.. can you elaborate on that, as I am
not familiar with that piece. How do you rate it against the Keel etc?
Thanks for the insight:)

Hi WD20 and welcome. I noticed that you are a fellow LP12 user...:cool:
I also noticed you are using a Sole subchassis.. can you elaborate on that, as I am
not familiar with that piece. How do you rate it against the Keel etc?
Thanks for the insight:)

Hi Davey,

Please see my most recent post under turntables and have a look at John's web site re the Sole sub-chassis. If you have any questions thereafter, please let me know, or get in touch with John direct. His product is really "the business" and compares very favourably against a Keel, especially in the Value For Money stakes,
Regards,
W

W, Thanks for the link to John's web site. I took a look at the site and the Sole is very interesting:)
It seems to be a very substantial piece and well built. The pricing also seems reasonable compared to
the Keel. I recently heard a fully decked out Linn with a Radikal supply, Keel chassis and Ekos 2.
I found the table to be very revealing and IMHO superior to a friends Acutus Reference.
However, the pricing of these upgrades is substantial ( and like I said before, a little excessive IMHO), therefore, I am wandering if you have heard the Sole vs. the Keel?
If one could get close, or at the level of the fully decked out Linn, with the Sole mod and the other mods you mention that would be great:cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing