Home Theater Room Accessories

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Anyone have things like movie posters on the walls, popcorn machines, lava lamps, wetbars or other fun things in their home theaters?

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
I used to have posters on the wall but when I made my room a two channel room as well, all of that stuff went out. (too much rattling) I do now have an iPad for use as a remote (I use the Control4 product) so I can surf the web at the same time I listen to music. Does that count?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Currently my HT and 2CH do double duty in my LR-DR so I don't have a dedicated space to really allow for accessories. I'm in the process of painting a small 2nd bedroom (9x11) and using it exclusively as a 2CH room. This room will definately be outfitted to reflect that it's a music room.

John

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Anyone have things like movie posters on the walls, popcorn machines, lava lamps, wetbars or other fun things in their home theaters?

If I did have a home theater, I would definitely not have those things. Fortunately, it is not a problem for me.:cool:

Ethan Winer

Banned
Jul 8, 2010
New Milford, CT
I have movie posters, a popcorn machines, and a fully stocked bar, but they're not in the same room as the theater. I can still have a glass of Bourbon on the rocks in my hand within 10 seconds or so. :D

--Ethan

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
I can still have a glass of Bourbon on the rocks in my hand within 10 seconds or so. :D

--Ethan
You know, I like your style.;)

I almost always bring an adult beverage with me into my HT when I watch a movie. It's one of the things that, for me, makes the HT experience preferable to the real theater (which isn't to say that there aren't many things that make the real theater preferable to HT).

There is a movie theater less than a mile from my house that has couch and table seating instead of the typical seating in rows. Beverages are served. I used to go to a theater in Boston that also had a similar set up. I wish there were more of these kinds of theaters.

Mr.Poindexter

Aug 1, 2010
I have a few home theater items in my decor. No lava lamps, however, sorry Ron.

Popcorn machine and snack bar...

Backlit movie posters (along the entry hallway - none in the theater itself) - one shot from each end of the hallway.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mike

Why dont you post a thread in members gallery on your system because i remember your first one and as good as that was this one is drop dead gorgeous. Tell us about your gear and why you made those choices
I am interested in which room of the house this was or if you built the room to spec

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing