Horning Eufrodite: Near state of the art or just so so?

Don't like them, though. Have heard them in 3 rooms, and Perart1 owns a pair.

It is not that they do anything wrong, but I wouldn't seek them out. If you are just looking for a sensitive speaker to run SETs on, I would take these if I had a great deal and could sell them on later. But I wouldn't see any reason to change from an existing speaker to the euphrodite. Heard from a guy critical of these that their top 7 foot model is good. Dunno.

You would be better off finding a speaker you can hear and find something special in.

I would go for the Heco over this and cheaper as well.

For a room like yours which I understand is not big, you should get the 84 db audio machina and run it with Berning quadratures.
Belated response on my part but I have now owned Eufrodites for some 3 years and find the Eufrodites stunning in a monitor situation in my studio. They are very fast, detailed, and dynamic. They couple well with my REL 212SX subwoofers. I use them for monitoring so this is not a typical situation for most listeners. I am not trying to immerse myself in a musical experience so much as I want the naked truth. I know there are many great speakers out there, but for my purposes I can't imagine beating them for the price.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu