"I"m terrified for the flute!"

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
The young lady has taste. A top 100 album from the 70s.

Reactions: wil

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Interesting. First, I was surprised she called herself a "flootist", rather than the more accepted pronunciation "flaowtist". But the main impression I had was just how damn great Jethro Tull was. I never got to see JT in concert which I regret. Consummate performers and great music. Aqualung is regularly played on Classic Vinyl for good reason. It's a mini 3 act play to music and a legacy rock anthem. Their other hits were just as memorable
  • 'Cross-Eyed Mary'
  • 'Living in the Past'
  • 'A New Day Yesterday' From: 'Stand Up' (1969)
  • 'Songs from the Wood' From: 'Songs from the Wood' (1977)
  • 'Locomotive Breath' From: 'Aqualung' (1971)
  • 'Thick as a Brick (Side 1)' From: 'Thick as a Brick' (1971)
Not bad for a band named after an 18th century British agriculturist.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Original vinyl 7" of their late 60s debut single was mislabelled Jethro Toe...commands Mucho Dinero.
+1 re the Mighty Tull. I would kill to go back in time to the Golden Age of Prog and see these acts live.
TAAB is a real high water mark in the genre.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Martin Barre's guitar solo on Aqualung is still as thrilling to hear now as when I was 15.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
The young lady has taste. A top 100 album from the 70s.
Only top 100? It is probably top 10 prog rock album...and I rate those among the best albums of the decade...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Top 10 is a tough choice...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing