Information on Stern and Heisenberg Ancillaries: What are Folks Using?

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Beautiful system, congrats. I have the less expensive Max amps and Pre G2 preamp. I'm using Echole cables yielding very good results IMO.

Reactions: zitas

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Bill Parrish / GTT Audio sells Audionet, YG and other fine brands. Was the USA distributor for MBL. He is likely one of the premier dealers in the NYC area. If you have never been to his house, which has five listening rooms, you should plan a visit. Appointment only. Nice guy and very knowledgeable. He only uses Kubala Sosna in all of his systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: zitas

zitas

Dec 19, 2021
Now I am listening to a Soulution 720 preamplifier,
which has no problem with my long cables at all and fits in all matters perfect to Heisenberg
Stern ist sold to a happy user...
hi shakti, very interesting. i was always wondering how the heisenberg would sound with other preamplifiers. so, how do you loke it wit the soulution vs the stern? do you miss anything?

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
hi shakti, very interesting. i was always wondering how the heisenberg would sound with other preamplifiers. so, how do you loke it wit the soulution vs the stern? do you miss anything?
using shorter signal cables, Soulution 720 and Stern are in a similar league and sonic direction. No reason to change from one to the other. But using long cables (like 10m signal cable) the Soulution 720 remains the same sonic signature, the Stern is loosing a little of its vibrant dynamics.
This is of cause depending on the cables in use.

One important reason for me to do the exchange was the internal Phonostage of the Soulution. My main turntable has 4 Tonearms mounted and my current favorite Phonostage (Phasemation EA-1200) has only 3 inputs. The 720 gives me the one missing Phono input in a high quality.

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
I am interested in the feet underneath the Stern and the Heisenbergs. I don’t see much information about it nor do I see any images of it on their website. Maybe they are amazing and all I need. I am just curious also how close are they front to back since my rack is a little bit less deep than depth of the Stern Everyone seems to be putting the Heisenberg‘s in separate probably solid maple rack. The stern however I would love to have in my rack which I actually made tall for my Maxs a couple of years ago! So my stern ha ha I said my didn’t I now. The sales people listen for you to say that ha ha ha!
this type of a man upgraded my Mac pacifiers to Heisenberg‘s. And keep Majid to preamp which doesn’t do anything except sit there and sound beautiful. Or get the stern which would sit there and hopefully sound more beautiful! My wife says sure. She has no idea. :)

fast.freight

Jul 30, 2022
Oh my it’s the back surgery drugs. So sorry. I am planning to get a pair of Heisenberg‘s. Should I just go forward and get the stern? Or with the upgrade be significant with just the amplifiers?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Heisenberg are definitely the star of the pairing. I think the Stern is very good rather than exceptional, and can probably be bettered at the price, or matched for cheaper.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Oh my it’s the back surgery drugs. So sorry. I am planning to get a pair of Heisenberg‘s. Should I just go forward and get the stern? Or with the upgrade be significant with just the amplifiers?
I am taking my system a whole different direction and so I have my Stern listed on one of the resale sites. PM me if you are interested. It is the silver color.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am taking my system a whole different direction and so I have my Stern listed on one of the resale sites. PM me if you are interested. It is the silver color.
Wow...big news! Particularly with such an august system! What is the new direction? Horns and SET / something absolutely different?

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Wow...big news! Particularly with such an august system! What is the new direction? Horns and SET / something absolutely different?
I don't want to derail the AudioNet Heisenberg/Stern thread. The AudioNet gear is really good. I am in the process of changing everything. I will open another thread with the details.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing