Introducing Olympus & Olympus I/O - A new perspective on modern music playback

Olympus launch. Cover P1.jpg

For those who just started reading up on Olympus, Olympus I/O, and XDMI, please note that all information in this thread has been summarized in a single PDF document that can be downloaded from the Taiko Website.

https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/taiko-audio-downloads

The document is frequently updated.

Scroll down to the 'XDMI, Olympus Music Server, Olympus I/O' section and click 'XDMI, Olympus, Olympus I/O Product Introduction & FAQ' to download the latest version.

Good morning WBF!​

We are introducing the culmination of close to 4 years of research and development. As a bona fide IT/tech nerd with a passion for music, I have always been intrigued by the potential of leveraging the most modern of technologies in order to create a better music playback experience. This, amongst others, led to the creation of our popular, perhaps even revolutionary, Extreme music server 5 years ago, which we have been steadily improving and updating with new technologies throughout its life cycle. Today I feel we can safely claim it's holding its ground against the onslaught of new server releases from other companies, and we are committed to keep improving it for years to come.

We are introducing a new server model called the Olympus. Hierarchically, it positions itself above the Extreme. It does provide quite a different music experience than the Extreme, or any other server I've heard, for that matter. Conventional audiophile descriptions such as sound staging, dynamics, color palette, etc, fall short to describe this difference. It does not sound digital or analog, I would be inclined to describe it as coming closer to the intended (or unintended) performance of the recording engineer.

Committed to keeping the Extreme as current as possible, we are introducing a second product called the Olympus I/O. This is an external upgrade to the Extreme containing a significant part of the Olympus technology, allowing it to come near, though not entirely at, Olympus performance levels. The Olympus I/O can even be added to the Olympus itself to elevate its performance even further, though not as dramatic an uplift as adding it to the Extreme. Consider it the proverbial "cherry on top".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take that Reserva From La Rioja...Pass on the Conundrum...
Waiting on your suggested wine pairing with the Olympus…

I suggest shoving the empties under the console at the 1/4 and 3/4 span points. Looks a little stressed.

Most definitely! Quickly moved the Olympus to the left side of console shortly after this photo (step one...get it on the console...step two...rest and advil...step three...slide it into its proper place ;)

I got news today that mine has been passed off from the third party packager to Fedex and my O/IO arrives Tuesday-Wednesday with the final delivery date to follow shortly
Waiting on your suggested wine pairing with the Olympus…

I suggest shoving the empties under the console at the 1/4 and 3/4 span points. Looks a little stressed.
I don't drink but the good news that is going to finally happen as the dust begins to settle in Oldenzaal is the much awaited open house I have been planning at my house for a very long time. Although a date has not been set I have been contacted by Chris at Taiko that they do plan to do a long weekend open house in the near future to highlight Olympus and IO with both analogue and digital cards and native XDMI via the Horizon at my house. Lukasz and Fred remain as well keenly interested in attending pending everyone's calendar restrictions, so stay tuned on this one as I hope to have some information in the coming weeks ahead and the date will be sufficiently far enough out to give those who previously wanted to attend to also make arrangements for that weekend

Some new eye candy:
We have brought our whole portfolio to a professional photo shooting - personally I had no idea how complex this profession is.
I cannot count the times, where he cursed over the chrome chassis, as anything and anyone gets reflected in it - a sight to behold.

This is the perfect time to show a preview of our upcoming product webpages, especially some shots of the I/O and the combination of O + I/O.

Here's a teaser:
I/O front
TaikoAudio_JN_0145.jpg

I/O back
TaikoAudio_JN_0159.jpg

Olympus inside
TaikoAudio_JN_0226.jpg

Mount Olympus
TaikoAudio_JN_0170.jpg

Some new eye candy:
We have brought our whole portfolio to a professional photo shooting - personally I had no idea how complex this profession is.
I cannot count the times, where he cursed over the chrome chassis, as anything and anyone gets reflected in it - a sight to behold.

This is the perfect time to show a preview of our upcoming product webpages, especially some shots of the I/O and the combination of O + I/O.

Here's a teaser:
I/O front
View attachment 134998

I/O back
View attachment 134999

Olympus inside
View attachment 135000

Mount Olympus
View attachment 135001
Nice photos. Thanks for posting!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing