Introducing the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC

I was warned by a retailer for the distributor NOT to use adapter tube implementation. It may void the warranty. I have both a pre-amp and phono pre-amp which use 6 and 8 subminiature tubes, respectively. They are superb in my former application. Alternative rectifier tubes are stated as a prominent change in the sound with output tubes second. I'm not going to experiment with the input tubes. That's only my opinion.
This is news to me. Is this an official stance by Lampizator regarding warranty related to adapter usage?

This is news to me. Is this an official stance by Lampizator regarding warranty related to adapter usage?
I stated it was the retailer for the U.S. distributor informing me. I don't know what the manufacturer or distributor policies are. I'm not going to swap input tubes let alone with an adapter. My Poseidon sounds superb even if it isn't in a SOTA system, just high end.

Reactions: adamaley
I have a Horizon. In the user manual we can find tube recommendations with adapters. As far as I know many dealers use tubes with adapters.

I stated it was the retailer for the U.S. distributor informing me. I don't know what the manufacturer or distributor policies are. I'm not going to swap input tubes let alone with an adapter. My Poseidon sounds superb even if it isn't in a SOTA system, just high end.

Maybe it is just semantics, but, I assume you are just referring to Lampizator North America? Afaik, USA customers can only buy direct from Lampizator North America, and they are the only USA distributor/retailer, but I could be mistaken.

If it is Lampizator North America you are referring to, then I don't think the adapter comment is correct, as the owners of Lampizator North America use, and promote the use of tubes requiring adapters in Lampi DAC's all the time, and post here on WBF about it.

I should also share that the tube rolling experimentation has commenced!

View attachment 124527

In the parlor now is a Poseidon DAC with TP adapters sporting Tungsram a pv4200 rectifier, ECC40s and 4654 tubes.

Case in point about Lampizator North America utilizing adapters... in this thread!

Last edited:
Maybe it is just semantics, but, I assume you are just referring to Lampizator North America? Afaik, USA customers can only buy direct from Lampizator North America, and they are the only USA distributor/retailer, but I could be mistaken.

If it is Lampizator North America you are referring to, then I don't think the adapter comment is correct, as the owners of Lampizator North America use, and promote the use of tubes requiring adapters in Lampi DAC's all the time, and post here on WBF about it.
You are both correct that the manual indicates what substitution tubes are permitted. I purchased my unit through Lampizator North American affiliate unofficial retailer who also showcases the Lampizator line at audio shows. So, whether or not it is not a warrantied or not substitution, he told me not to do so. Another person on another WBF forum told me I should be trying boutique fuses on all my equipment including my Class D new Foundation amps on my speakers Von Schweikert VR9 SE Mk2 upgraded, my Jay's Audio CDt3Mk3 and my Poseidon. I have a 10+ year history of improving my former lesser equipment using boutique fuses. They called me lazy. Those older EAR equipment and lesser quality DACs, pre-amps needed a boost in sound quality through better power supply fusing (my custom built electronics had either no fuses or circuit breakers). I think either the Westminster Labs or Lampizator clearly stated NOT to change fuses, probably the former.

I have 23 years experience using subminiature tubes in line stages and phono pre-amps. They're great and only two tubes in that time ever needed replacement due to getting noisy. Hope you enjoy what you're hearing. Sorry to bother you.

Reactions: Blake
To be clear, I'm not offended, arguing, or bothered. If people don't want to roll tubes that is totally fine. I understand just going with the stock tubes. I think a few of us were just wanting to clarify Lampizator "official policy", versus a particular retailer's suggestions.

Care should be taken to only buy adapters from trusted sources, as we've seen damage caused to a DAC from the use of a bad adapter from a certain particular seller, and perhaps your retailer had read about that in the other thread here on WBF- hence his advice?

TP, plasmod, and ebay seller 'xulingmrs' are very good sources for adapters.

I was warned by a retailer for the distributor NOT to use adapter tube implementation. It may void the warranty. I have both a pre-amp and phono pre-amp which use 6 and 8 subminiature tubes, respectively. They are superb in my former application. Alternative rectifier tubes are stated as a prominent change in the sound with output tubes second. I'm not going to experiment with the input tubes. That's only my opinion.

FYI:

This was the U.S. launch demo of the Poseidon, and you can see the Lukasz used an adapted rectifier here...
FWIW, the concern you raised of course has merit -- whenever there's an additional component there's the added risk of something going wrong, but luckily many Lampi owners are crazy and would take the risk for good sound :)

To be clear, I'm not offended, arguing, or bothered. If people don't want to roll tub es that is totally fine. I understand just going with the stock tubes. I think a few of us were just wanting to clarify Lampizator "official policy", versus a particular retailer's suggestions.

Care should be taken to only buy adapters from trusted sources, as we've seen damage caused to a DAC from the use of a bad adapter from a certain particular seller, and perhaps your retailer had read about that in the other thread here on WBF- hence his advice?

TP, plasmod, and ebay seller 'xulingmrs' are very good sources for adapters.
I read that too. I purchased NOS tubes that measure perfect but are noisy and can't use them.

It's not just poor quality control, it's also counterfeit items. Especially in clothing items. Poor quality substitutions often come from China and remanufactured and/or used products sold as new. Some Boeing parts were found weeks ago to be lower quality substitutions manufactured overseas. That's dangerous.

As to the video concerning adapter use for a rectifier tube, okay, I have had no warning concerning that although my retailer indicated I should try various rectifiers as they have the most significant affect on the sound. I have two other NOS rectifiers to try.

Reactions: Blake

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing