Introducing the LampizatOr Poseidon DAC

I know, but I follow Lukasz‘ recommendation for the moment and spend time for listening to music

I know, but I follow Lukasz‘ recommendation for the moment and spend time for listening to music
Can you already give us your first impressions of the Poseidon replacing your wonderful TRP3 ?

It‘s a brand new device with approx. 50-70 h burn in time during Munich HighEnd show. So the status is similar to my demo unit back in Jan. I‘m really pleased with the SQ of the Poseidon, definitely a different league compared to the very good TRP3. At the moment I simply enjoy listening to some favorite tracks. I changed the input tubes to Siemens PCC88 NOS tubes, will see what improvements are possible.

It‘s a brand new device with approx. 50-70 h burn in time during Munich HighEnd show. So the status is similar to my demo unit back in Jan. I‘m really pleased with the SQ of the Poseidon, definitely a different league compared to the very good TRP3. At the moment I simply enjoy listening to some favorite tracks. I changed the input tubes to Siemens PCC88 NOS tubes, will see what improvements are possible.
Nice :cool:
Congrats :D

I am waiting for delivery of my Poseidon but I keep reading of tube rolling. What is it that you are uncomfortable or unsatisfied with the stock tubes in this unit? I heard the Horizon with stock tubes with my amp and speakers and I was astonished.

Reactions: Glide3
I am waiting for delivery of my Poseidon but I keep reading of tube rolling. What is it that you are uncomfortable or unsatisfied with the stock tubes in this unit? I heard the Horizon with stock tubes with my amp and speakers and I was astonished.
i did already a lot of tube rolling with the TRP2 and TRP3, At a time I decided to invest more in records, than in tubes. I ended with my favorite RK 5U4G as a recti. I run the comparison between Poseidon and TRP3 both equipped with RK. With the PCC88 I got a hint from another owner.

But all is relative: Lukasz‘ commented in Munich, when I asked for tube recommendations for the Poseidon, that I can be confident, that the Poseidon is not exhibited with poor tubes

IMG_3802.jpeg

These are the GEC L63 output tubes my Poseidon came with .

Just commited on a Poseidon. This will be my first Lampi Dac too. Pulled the trigger after reading this thread! Haha Looking forward to tube roll as well!

Congrats!! Great choice and enjoy in good health.

Reactions: ptpineda
I love the Posidean. It is one of the best values in the high-end. Best of luck!

I love the Posidean. It is one of the best values in the high-end. Best of luck!
How would you position the Poseidon sonically in relation to the Pacific2 and the Horizon?

How would you position the Poseidon sonically in relation to the Pacific2 and the Horizon?
I had the Pacific 1: a gorgeous-sounding, lush DAC with colors. Posdean is decidedly more neutral, but if you love the sound of SETs...... The Posidean does not lack body or tone density but is decidedly more neutral to my ear.

I'll refrain from directly comparing Poseidon and Horizon, although my experience separately with both would say they sound more similar than alike, a nice compliment to the Poisdean.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing