It's time to go, see ya later.

Peter, considering the insults you communicated to me as part of our former "friendship" I am not surprised that you would stoop this low. This is an all timer. While I have not heard your current set up, I have heard several of them over the years. I wouldn't call them high end. High priced, not high end. Feel free to start your own site where you can "wank" to the pursuit of the high priced segment of this hobby, rather than the pursuit of music. BTW, Peter finds it very hard to apologize. He would have made it so much easier on himself if he had here early on.

joe
you do not let up in your bashing of peter.always bashing his system,what kind of statement is high priced but not high-end.How would you like people bashing your system

exactly the kind of behavior we've come to expect daily from the inmates at audio asylum. Let's all pile on peter. You all should be ashamed of your posts as should amir who carried on endlessly in that still ongoing thread and was the straw that broke the camel's back. To what point? To be the last one to post and win??? Sorry in my book, that was conduct unbecoming one of the co-founders of the forum (as i've been reminded on occasion) and should have been taken offline early on. At one time there was more of a community here who might have thought - save for a handful here in this thread - for more than a second about what might have upset peter so much to leave. That's apparently is not the case as the wild, wild west of the internet has apparently sadly too taken over wbf and the negativity factor here is off the charts.

And let me pre-empt the usual rebuttals. Yes i'm actually proud to call myself peter's friend. He selflessly promotes the industry's image and there's no one that works harder. If you don't think so, try editing 60 or more videos after a show, reviews and running the site. But make no mistake: I am not peter even though i write for him -as well as pf-as well as many other mags in the past. No this is about the corruption of the founder's intent and what has caused many others to leave who would have really contributed to this forum. I think some people should give real pause to their responses.

Let me finish wish a note that i received from someone who long ago left this board after being similarly bullied like peter and was astonished by the treatment peter received.

i feel bad for the guy. For all he's done for the hobby and to be bullied and treated like that? I like peter and his thoughts and opinions. And who has been to more shows in the past 5 years? Who has advanced the hobby with amazing video coverage? Video being the key word. He takes us on his journey to every show. I watch and listen to all his videos. Show reports are always great too.
Oh, and send him a pm asking his opinion on x speakers or amps and you always get a response.

well said

joe
you do not let up in your bashing of peter.always bashing his system,what kind of statement is high priced but not high-end.How would you like people bashing your system

I don't think he would care, he is a wanker.

in the long run, we are all wankers

joe

I could not care less harleyguy. You as well as anyone else is entitled to your opinion. I have been quiet on Peter the last few days until this latest outburst. I have a long personal history with Peter and frankly have had enough. Perhaps I should let it go. My wife says I should as she is why I was pissed at him in the first place. My point about his systems is an obvious one. He claims to know more than the rest of us and certainly me. I have heard his systems and was not say I say bowled over. I think I should have been considering his superior understanding of audio reproduction. I enjoyed the sound once and he went and "improved" it by changing the amp. I didn't like the sound at all after the change. I think this is the first time I have said this in any public forum so I am not always bashing his system. Him perhaps but not his system.

Somebody please let me know when you've found the perfect forum. You know, the place where threads easily pick up 30,000 views in 2 days and everybody is respectful and courteous of one another's opinions. Let me know when you've found that place where nobody has an agenda and nobody suspects anyone else of pursuing ulterior motives. Until then, I'll stay here.
Michael.

Ha ha, re South Park video. However, isn't the juxtaposition of "screw you!" and "wankers" getting our foreplay and main sexual act a bit mixed up?

I don't think he would care, he is a wanker.

in the long run, we are all wankers

I propose we take a wanker and a self-appointed prophet to CERN; accelerate 'em, watch 'em collide, then use measurements to help identify the God particle ...

While I don't agree with Peter's method of leaving, I understand the motivation.

A reviewer needs an extremely thick skin, but even then some barbs burrow deep. Taken individually, we audiophiles are generally a friendly, fair-minded, level-headed lot, albeit with tendency toward exactitude. As a collective, however, we can exhibit four-M behaviour: Malcontented Middle-Aged Male Misanthropes. That tendency toward exactitude swiftly turns captious and judgmental, especially when hiding behind a keyboard.

For my own part, there are a number of 'off limits' forums that I refuse to visit, because I don't think I deserve to die in a fire simply for holding down my job. Worse, in such places, you have no comeback, no right to object publicly. You are at best court jester, but more often a convenient combination of whipping boy and prick magnet.

Psychologically speaking, there is only so much of this a person can take before you either skulk off, storm out, or suck a tailpipe. How much one can take varies, but if Peter's departure is angry and bitter, perhaps it is time to reflect why he should feel so angry and bitter to effectively suicide himself like this.

There does seem to have been something of a change in direction here. This was a friendly forum of high-end debate and discussion, but now it seems to be increasingly littered with agenda-filled ranting. If the forum continues down this all-too-predictable story arc, it will end with four people holding two conflicting and extremely polarised views arguing with one another at every juncture. This is at first entertaining, but ultimately extremely frustrating for other members and it lets the air out of the tyres of the forum. Eventually, even the combatants tire of the combat, or more accurately move on to another forum with a bigger audience and do the same thing again, like a plague of locusts.

Alan

I like your level-headed post but would like to address a few points I disagree with, emphasis is mine)
I don't agree with Peter's method of leaving, I understand the motivation.
They are wrong from the outset. he has been insulting people here and was shown a singular level of leeway in that sense. The leniency to me was unusual. Understanding of his motivation do not make his behavior right.

There does seem to have been something of a change in direction here. This was a friendly forum of high-end debate and discussion, but now it seems to be increasingly littered with agenda-filled ranting.
IMO the WBF has not changed much. I did like the original when Industry professionals did participate , they have left driven out by many who see themselves as Guardian of The High End Audio Galaxy. We have here a clear example of a person rant , the original post and it is difficult to not ponder that this is driven by an agenda. As childish as it may seem, this person sees himself as the high priest of High End and does not hesitate in many instances to call those who disagreed with him untoward names (There was a prior thread in which he started this sorry line of antics, this thread has since and mercifully morphed into an ice cream thread, testimony to this board tolerance). Isn't this person displaying without apparent remorse an improper behavior? Let's call a cat , a cat there. This is unacceptable.

Else I am mostly in agreement with you.

Why is PeterB not banned?

I propose we take a wanker and a self-appointed prophet to CERN; accelerate 'em, watch 'em collide, then use measurements to help identify the God particle ...

Now that's a wanker's hardon collider

Exactly the kind of behavior we've come to expect daily from the inmates at Audio Asylum. Let's all pile on Peter. You all should be ashamed of your posts as should Amir who carried on endlessly in that still ongoing thread and was the straw that broke the camel's back. To what point? To be the last one to post and win??? Sorry in my book, that was conduct unbecoming one of the co-founders of the forum (as I've been reminded on occasion) and should have been taken offline early on. At one time there was more of a community here who might have thought - save for a handful here in this thread - for more than a second about what might have upset Peter so much to leave. That's apparently is not the case as the Wild, Wild West of the Internet has apparently sadly too taken over WBF and the negativity factor here is off the charts.

And let me pre-empt the usual rebuttals. Yes I'm actually proud to call myself Peter's friend. He selflessly promotes the industry's image and there's no one that works harder. If you don't think so, try editing 60 or more videos after a show, reviews and running the site. But make no mistake: I am not Peter even though I write for him -as well as PF-as well as many other mags in the past. No this is about the corruption of the founder's intent and what has caused many others to leave who would have really contributed to this forum. I think some people should give real pause to their responses.

Let me finish wish a note that I received from someone who long ago left this board after being similarly bullied like Peter and was astonished by the treatment Peter received.

I feel bad for the guy. For all he's done for the hobby and to be bullied and treated like that? I like Peter and his thoughts and opinions. And who has been to more shows in the past 5 years? Who has advanced the hobby with AMAZING video coverage? VIDEO being the key word. He takes us on his journey to every show. I watch and listen to all his videos. Show reports are always great too.
Oh, and send him a PM asking his opinion on X speakers or amps and you ALWAYS get a response.

Instead of blaming the rest of the forum and continuing to defend the indefensible, which is Peter's behavior, perhaps you could privately, as a friend, admonish him to stop being a total jerk. This would be much more productive, Myles.

Psychologically speaking, there is only so much of this a person can take before you either skulk off, storm out, or suck a tailpipe. How much one can take varies, but if Peter's departure is angry and bitter, perhaps it is time to reflect why he should feel so angry and bitter to effectively suicide himself like this.

There does seem to have been something of a change in direction here. This was a friendly forum of high-end debate and discussion, but now it seems to be increasingly littered with agenda-filled ranting...

From readings in this forum (admittedly only a few topic threads), Peter started the "agenda-filled ranting" and then egged it on. As to his motivations, they aren't apparent to me in anything he has posted here.

More than a few people have agendas and some of those agendas are filled with dogma on WBF.

I assume that you would not put yourself in that boat and are someone with no agenda or dogma? Agenda and dogma, sounds kind of conspiratorial? What do you mean by that post?

I assume that you would not put yourself in that boat and are someone with no agenda or dogma? Agenda and dogma, sounds kind of conspiratorial? What do you mean by that post?

You assumed incorrectly and what I said is really self-explanatory.

Exactly the kind of behavior we've come to expect daily from the inmates at Audio Asylum. Let's all pile on Peter. You all should be ashamed of your posts as should Amir who carried on endlessly in that still ongoing thread and was the straw that broke the camel's back. To what point? To be the last one to post and win??? Sorry in my book, that was conduct unbecoming one of the co-founders of the forum (as I've been reminded on occasion) and should have been taken offline early on. At one time there was more of a community here who might have thought - save for a handful here in this thread - for more than a second about what might have upset Peter so much to leave. That's apparently is not the case as the Wild, Wild West of the Internet has apparently sadly too taken over WBF and the negativity factor here is off the charts...
In my opinion you are misreading this situation totally. As must be apparent from most of the responses in this thread, it appears that Peter made some inflammatory posts (and started one topic thread) and then became offended when there wasn't 100% agreement with his opinion. I doubt that many people think that is how a "forum" works, and in fact it shouldn't be how a forum works. Now perhaps that wasn't Peter's intention, but as far as I can recall the only further posts that he made supported his original position and made no attempt to clarify or apologize (if in fact it was mis-stated).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing