JAMES BOND 007: No Time To Die Trailer (2020)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
But of course, and her brother. They found a good recipe* to attract the young generation ...

* ASMR ...
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/billie-eilish-asmr/

"Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), sometimes auto sensory meridian response, is a tingling sensation that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. A pleasant form of paresthesia, it has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia and may overlap with frisson.

ASMR signifies the subjective experience of "low-grade euphoria" characterized by "a combination of positive feelings and a distinct static-like tingling sensation on the skin". It is most commonly triggered by specific auditory or visual stimuli, and less commonly by intentional attention control. A genre of videos which intend to stimulate ASMR has emerged, of which over 13 million are published on YouTube."

Simply put it's whisper's music for headphones, for watching Bond's No Time To Die with headphones...for the opening title's song.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Billie Eilish Just Became the Second Artist Ever to Sweep the Top Grammy Categories, Duh!
By Justin Curto

Billie Eilish ran out of people to thank as she took the stage to accept the Grammy for Record of the Year (for “bad guy”), simply saying “thank you” in unison with her brother and producer, Finneas. That’s because the 18-year-old became only the second artist ever to sweep the four general categories of Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Album of the Year, and Best New Artist at the awards in one night — the first in nearly four decades, after Christopher Cross in 1981. (Adele also has Grammys for each award, from separate ceremonies.) When Eilish accepted Best New Artist, she thanked her touring team, whom she forgot in her Song of the Year speech, then turned her attention to her fans (who may or may not be called Avocados). “I think the fans deserve everything, I feel like they have not been talked about enough tonight, because they’re the only reason that any of us are here at all! So thank you to the fans,” Eilish said. “Thank you to the fans, you guys make this worth it.”

Steve Williams

Just a few minutes later, Eilish was back on stage accepting Album of the Year for When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?(which she thinks should have gone to Ariana Grande for thank u, next, for the record). She didn’t have much more to add, so her brother Finneas made a speech. “We didn’t make this album to win a Grammy. We didn’t think it would win anything, ever. We wrote an album about depression and suicidal thoughts and being the bad guy, whatever that means,” he said. “We stand up here confused and grateful.” Eilish hadn’t even returned to her seat before she won Record of the Year, instead waiting backstage with Finneas.
As if there were any question, Eilish and Finneas leave the night as the top winners with five awards apiece. Eilish also claimed Best Pop Vocal album for When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?, while Finneas won Producer of the Year, Non-Classical off the project along with Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical. Eilish stunned with a stripped-down performance of “when the party’s over” during the ceremony, too, accompanied by Finneas on piano. When she said “you should see me in a crown,” she meant it.
Update 12:49 a.m.: When asked in the press room when, exactly, she knew “Bad Guy” was becoming a hit, Eilish said there was one tell-tale piece of evidence she couldn’t ignore. “It was in a lot of memes,” she said after the show. “And I was like, ‘Oh shit.’” As for her next record-making album, the singer said she’ll just have to wait for inspiration to strike: “Being in this moment is all I’m thinking about, but I don’t know what’s next. I’m gonna do whatever I feel.”

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I wish Billie Eilish all the embellishment that life has to offer.
It's her time in the now, she's riding high, she's Pop artist of the hour.
She proves that you can get anything you want, almost.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I've just read this now about the new Bond's song singer Billie Eilish ...
https://toofab.com/2020/02/16/billie-eilish-oscars-yesterday-trash-no-time-to-die-james-bond/

When I heard her performance @ the Oscars (Beatles' Yesterday song), I thought it was a nightmare; her voice sounded so distant, not present, and distorted from her throat and chest.
She just confirmed it in that interview she gave, and that article I've just finished reading.

Anyway I'm a big Bond's fan, a Daniel Craig's fan (he's a real class act, like Sean Connery was), and I'm looking forward to see No Time To Die. ...For the action scenes, the locales, the cars, the Bond's girls, the drinks (martinis), the gadgets, the fights, the love scenes, the suits, the watches, the food, the restaurants, the tunes, the beaches, ...all that Bond jazz.
... Plus the opening sequence (with the film's song intro), and the end of the Daniel Craig's saga as agent double O7 ... with a license to kill.

Indeed, there's no time to die, it's time to be alive and kicking full steam ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Billie Eilish said she 'bombed' her performance at the Oscars: 'That s--- was trash'

And check that ASMR video info @ the end of that short article.
That's what made her rise to fame, and with everything that comes with it...money, James Bond's latest song, singing @ the Academy Awards Oscar's night, winning five Grammy awards, lots of likes on YouTube, all that whispering vocal jazz.

It is an acquired taste, and fame is not always synonymous with real talent and hard work.
IMHO

Last edited:

Fineito

Nov 23, 2013
I like Craig as 007. He's the best since Sean Connery. Call me old (almost 65) and living in the past, but the two best 007 films for me were Goldfinger and From Russia With Love. Sean had debonair good looks, suave, and an arrogance (though sexist the films were.) In the laser scene in Goldfinger, you actually felt his life was in danger. I never feel that way anymore in all these big production, action films. Impressive action and stunts, no doubt, but not believable...just too much of every thing, with plots that are too complex to follow half the time. I'm a bit of a purest when it comes to cars and stereos, and that has obviously bled through to my 007 preferences. Just my opinion, and don't mean to be dogmatic about matters.

Steve Williams

Connery was the way Bond was portrayed by Ian Fleming in the original 12 books and I too loved those two that you mentioned

I do like Craig in the role but to me his persona is totally different than that played Connery

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I like Craig as 007. He's the best since Sean Connery. Call me old (almost 65) and living in the past, but the two best 007 films for me were Goldfinger and From Russia With Love. Sean had debonair good looks, suave, and an arrogance (though sexist the films were.) In the laser scene in Goldfinger, you actually felt his life was in danger. I never feel that way anymore in all these big production, action films. Impressive action and stunts, no doubt, but not believable...just too much of every thing, with plots that are too complex to follow half the time. I'm a bit of a purest when it comes to cars and stereos, and that has obviously bled through to my 007 preferences. Just my opinion, and don't mean to be dogmatic about matters.

Just because you mentioned that scene with Sean Connery about to get his mojo zapped ...

In comparison with Daniel Craig ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing