JAMES BOND 007: No Time To Die Trailer (2020)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Ugh... I'm not sure if I can sit in theaters for 3 hours if it's going to be like that.

Makes sense though, Daniel Craig hates James Bond. He's a feckless man IRL.

Let’s just say that what made the first four James Bond films such classics were Sean Connery, his dialogue, the supporting cast, and a good bit of what is now considered politically incorrect.

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Ugh... I'm not sure if I can sit in theaters for 3 hours if it's going to be like that.

Makes sense though, Daniel Craig hates James Bond. He's a feckless man IRL.
Wasn’t to me. It’s not 1961 though if that’s the criticism. Not sure why the complaint when half the film was a homage to the 60s Bonds.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Wasn’t to me. It’s not 1961 though if that’s the criticism. Not sure why the complaint when half the film was a homage to the 60s Bonds.

Yes it is not 1961 indeed. The dialogue and the theme song for instance are notably different from those early films. The homage to the 60s is only on the surface in terms of the car and references to some of the settings and gadgets.

People should check out “Our Man Flint” and even the Austin Powers series. I find those highly entertaining.

Reactions: MRJAZZ

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Supposedly a franchise killer due to the usual politically motivated, force fed thematic suspects.

Rumor is that all of the traditional Bond movies reflected some real world incidents. I never saw OHMSS, but watched it recently on You Tube. It was pretty good. It sounded like Lazenby's voice over was done by Connery in his swan song nod although I never heard about that happening. Did Lazenby have a high, squeaky voice or something? I was waiting for him to choke or beat somebody to death with his vaselined toupee. Diana Rigg was so YOUNG.

OHMSS was the one reflecting current events most closely I heard. Insane Swiss redoubt manufacturing deadly virus to unleash on the world in a power extortion grab, but methinks any other clarifications might wander into poly ticks.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
What a meandering shallow mess of a Bond film this turned out to be … most disappointed in pretty much every element of this film … and who the hell convinced Barbara Broccoli that it would be a good idea to kill off the most box office lucrative Bond ever ! Comfortable retirement with the possibility of a future cameo performance would have been much more acceptable to fans of Daniel Craig’s Bond .

Reactions: Alrainbow

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I just saw it on the plane last night. It was a bit disjointed compared to the others and the new 007 was truly irritating but okay apart from that. Louis Armstrong at the end was a nice touch.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
What a meandering shallow mess of a Bond film this turned out to be … most disappointed in pretty much every element of this film … and who the hell convinced Barbara Broccoli that it would be a good idea to kill off the most box office lucrative Bond ever ! Comfortable retirement with the possibility of a future cameo performance would have been much more acceptable to fans of Daniel Craig’s Bond .
they can always resurrect a character by way of prequels and back stories. As far as I I am concerned James Bond died with Ian Fleming

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing